Three home games in a week

Last time we had that? Pretty sure it will have happened a couple of times in the last twenty years can't remember when though

Last time we won 3 at home in a week?

If we can't beat Crawley Town and Newport County at home with Jose Baxter running the Midfield, we don't deserve to go up. Easy 6 points. Top 3 by next Saturday.

3000 to Grimsby then. WTOYTA.

45 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Last time we had that? Pretty sure it will have happened a couple of times in the last twenty years can't remember when though

2011. We actually had 4 on the spin at home.

Sat 5/11 - Bury, L 2-1

Tue 8/11 - Crewe (FAT), W 3-1

Sat 12/11 - Burton (FAC), W 3-1

Sat 19/11 - Chesterfield, W 5-1

Happened again season before:

Sat 28/8 - Yeovil D 0-0

Tue 31/8 - Shrewsbury (FLT), L 0-1

Sat 4/9 - Bristol R, D 1-1

I don't think Crawley and Newport will be as easy as people think.  I reckon we'll get a point today as I think that they'll sit back and play for a point and I don't trust our attacking firepower yet.  And I saw Newport a couple of weeks ago at Exeter and they were a decent side.

Checkatrade on Tuesday?  Couldn't care less.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I don't think Crawley and Newport will be as easy as people think.  I reckon we'll get a point today as I think that they'll sit back and play for a point and I don't trust our attacking firepower yet.  And I saw Newport a couple of weeks ago at Exeter and they were a decent side.

Checkatrade on Tuesday?  Couldn't care less.

3 or 4 nil today, be rolling over having their bellies tickled by halftime, that's what I'm hoping seeing as I've backed us to win 3 or 4 nil :scarf001: oh and Surridge 1st goal at 5's :chubb:

Crowds are much improved this season. When was the last time we got 4,100 home fans against an outfit like Crawley Town?

Just had a look back (sad bastard :lol:) and the attendance was 3,924 against them when we were going well under LJ in 2014.

Impressive stuff.

Edited by Ryan

three home games in six days in 1979, (4 games in 8 days),  3 programmes cost more than my pocket money

thought we might have had a chance against Spurs but Ardiles was something else

24 Feb 1979 West Ham United v Oldham Athletic L 3-0 League Division Two
26 Feb 1979 Oldham Athletic v Leicester City W 3-1 FA Cup
28 Feb 1979 Oldham Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur L 0-1 FA Cup
03 Mar 1979 Oldham Athletic v Sheffield United D 1-1 League Division Two

6 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

three home games in six days in 1979, (4 games in 8 days),  3 programmes cost more than my pocket money

thought we might have had a chance against Spurs but Ardiles was something else

24 Feb 1979 West Ham United v Oldham Athletic L 3-0 League Division Two
26 Feb 1979 Oldham Athletic v Leicester City W 3-1 FA Cup
28 Feb 1979 Oldham Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur L 0-1 FA Cup
03 Mar 1979 Oldham Athletic v Sheffield United D 1-1 League Division Two

Division Two then is the now known as the Champioship.

I seem to remember had a depleted team against Spurs, but as you say Ardilles was magical that day.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Crowds are much improved this season. When was the last time we got 4,100 home fans against an outfit like Crawley Town?

Just had a look back (sad bastard :lol:) and the attendance was 3,924 against them when we were going well under LJ in 2014.

Impressive stuff.

I'd say that's impressive tbf.

4 yrs later and a league lower - and I believe they only brought 62. COYB.  ?

59 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know. 

I’ve never thought we’re MASSIVE. 

But i do feel a ‘big club’ in this league. 

In terms of best ever league position we are, there are only us, Swindon and Notts County that have been in the top flight in the last 35 years (possibly longer). We are the most recent occupants. 

Only Bury and Notts County have better records than us in the FA cup, and only Swindon and Tranmere have better records than us in the league cup. 

(I'm ignoring the original Wimbledon for Franchise) 

In this league we are a big club. 

Edited by rudemedic

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

Impressive stuff.

Could I not suggest numbers previously have been hidden to allow money to be moved about and not shown, just a thought.

6 hours ago, rudemedic said:

In terms of best ever league position we are, there are only us, Swindon and Notts County that have been in the top flight in the last 35 years (possibly longer). We are the most recent occupants. 

Only Bury and Notts County have better records than us in the FA cup, and only Swindon and Tranmere have better records than us in the league cup. 

(I'm ignoring the original Wimbledon for Franchise) 

In this league we are a big club. 

Now you put it like that I hope we don’t go up !! Like being the big fish in a tiny shit filled murky pond. ( not really) let’s go for automatic though. Not arsed about a trip to Wembley. Rather just win the league. Easy. 

5 hours ago, pcassist said:

Could I not suggest numbers previously have been hidden to allow money to be moved about and not shown, just a thought.

You can suggest that, I wouldn’t especially as that is monitored externally, and the cops have their own figures.

We are allowed to say more people attended if that is measured on ticket sales not actual attendances, a very common practice in the Premier League.