Checkatrade .... boycott or not?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

With Dale being off is that good news for the league game at weekend? With recent form we should be going to Crewe looking to win and gives us a bit of rest going into a busy part of the season, maybe

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Defo. I was fully expecting him to pick Clarke and Surridge tonite.

Yes I'd agree. No harm in having an easier week before a game we need to win really. Also won't affect Miller's suspension.

45 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I ended up in Manchester Royal infirmary after that City match if you mean 99? Got jumped on the way out of the Platt Lane end, had a size 9 Adidas in the side of my head for two weeks after. Twats! Hate that club. 

Yeah that was the one, it was carnage

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Backing Dale to go down. If they are postponing games as early into winter as this they are going to have an almighty fixture pile up. We're not there to get them off the hook this season. 

They had a fixture pile up last season, and they survived at our expense!

6 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

I’ve only seen worse when leaving Maine Road that time we beat City 2-1. It seemed like every Latics fan I saw after the game was covered in blood😳

40 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I ended up in Manchester Royal infirmary after that City match if you mean 99? Got jumped on the way out of the Platt Lane end, had a size 9 Adidas in the side of my head for two weeks after. Twats! Hate that club. 

Blimey.

Think I got away with it that day (and I've got a face people want to punch!).  I remember they tried to get at us during the match via that temporary stand to the left of where we were.

I walked straight out in my Latics top afterwards, round to the car park and taunted my City-supporting cousins I was meeting from afar!

54 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Backing Dale to go down. If they are postponing games as early into winter as this they are going to have an almighty fixture pile up. We're not there to get them off the hook this season. 

Been pissing it down all day and still is, not surprised it is off.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I would assume this will be replayed next week. We are approaching the busy christmas period if he goes anywhere near full strength in this then Bunn is a fool.

Why a fool? Given the current injuries and suspension, we have a relatively small squad to choose from. And with Baxter, Gardner, Lyden,  La Paz, Miller and long term absentee Fane unavailable what is ‘full strength’?

23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Why a fool? Given the current injuries and suspension, we have a relatively small squad to choose from. And with Baxter, Gardner, Lyden,  La Paz, Miller and long term absentee Fane unavailable what is ‘full strength’?

Doesnt that prove we cant risk anymore injuries?

We could find 4-5 youngsters in the youth team right now who could play this game who will take something from just being on the pitch against Rochdale infront of a crowd. We should be using this tournsment for that reason get some of our young players some important experience. No need to risk Clarke or Surridge for this one. We are still within a shout of the top 7 and shoukd be focussing efforts of that.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Doesnt that prove we cant risk anymore injuries?

We could find 4-5 youngsters in the youth team right now who could play this game who will take something from just being on the pitch against Rochdale infront of a crowd. We should be using this tournsment for that reason get some of our young players some important experience. No need to risk Clarke or Surridge for this one. We are still within a shout of the top 7 and shoukd be focussing efforts of that.

Maybe Williams could become the youngest player to play in the Checkatrade... 

13 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

I remember them all waiting for us on that petrol station outside the ground, it was total carnage. I’ve only seen worse when leaving Maine Road that time we beat City 2-1. It seemed like every Latics fan I saw after the game was covered in blood😳

Was at the city game, I was 14. Dux & Paul Reid scored? Didnt see any trouble. 

Obvioisly happened, but never saw any.

Hull in the FA cup was the worst I think Ive seen

28 minutes ago, pukka said:

Was at the city game, I was 14. Dux & Paul Reid scored? Didnt see any trouble. 

Obvioisly happened, but never saw any.

Hull in the FA cup was the worst I think Ive seen

Reid put us 1 up from the spot. Dux put us 2 up with a header from a corner about a minute after Gary Kelly had saved a penalty.

I remember the Hull FA cup game, we were stood on an open terrace behind the goal. We were locked in after the game IIRC. Shez scored a peach of a free kick from about 30-35 yards on the stroke of half time.

Sure a streaker ran on as well Was only very young so don't recall any of the trouble, heard it was bad though.

Went to that Hull game also, sat next to John Eyre's family. Won 3-2 didn't we our last game at Boothferry Park I think.

Back on topic, good news is we are in the draw AGAIN for the last 16. Bring on Saturday, easy draw and it opens right up for us. 

Archived