Checkatrade .... boycott or not?

I've had a bit of a discussion on twitter. Last year Guardiola (there has to be an insulting name created for the arse) stated he wanted B teams as it would lead to 52,000 crowds.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-man-city-b-12487231

In Nov Dortmund II played Borussia Monchengladbach in the German equivalent of League 2.

Guess the attendance?

Barca B 2016/17

Hi 3,031 Lo 843, Avg 1,612.

2017/18

Avg Barca B =2,653 , but already dropped to 1,278 since relegation

Villareal B=1,200

RM Castilla 995

Atletico M =521

Mallorca B=744

He is talking shite.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, singe said:

I've had a bit of a discussion on twitter. Last year Guardiola (there has to be an insulting name created for the arse) stated he wanted B teams as it would lead to 52,000 crowds.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-man-city-b-12487231

In Nov Dortmund II played Borussia Monchengladbach in the German equivalent of League 2.

Guess the attendance?

Barca B 2016/17

Hi 3,031 Lo 843, Avg 1,612.

2017/18

Avg Barca B =2,653 , but already dropped to 1,278 since relegation

Villareal B=1,200

RM Castilla 995

Atletico M =521

Mallorca B=744

He is talking shite.

I quite enjoyed the local matches when Latics played a reserve team in the Lancashire Combination.

A good test for younger players and the chance to spot non league players.

Probably hypocritical then of me to say I don't want B teams in the football league.

Crowds of about 200 were the norm as I remember.

""There is a significant amount of sympathy with the position outlined by Manchester City and the fact that the dating of this game could remove one opportunity for the club's younger players to play in a first team competitive game with the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg the day after."

Hahaha...the very (bastardised) competition now causes a situation whereby it will now rob a young players chance from the 1st team.

You literally couldn't script this shit 😅😅😅

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

""There is a significant amount of sympathy with the position outlined by Manchester City and the fact that the dating of this game could remove one opportunity for the club's younger players to play in a first team competitive game with the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg the day after."

Hahaha...the very (bastardised) competition now causes a situation whereby it will now rob a young players chance from the 1st team.

You literally couldn't script this shit 😅😅😅

🤣

Man City currently have 28 players out on loan this season. Chelsea have 29.

If Fifa rules change on loans then this is going to start to push alot harder for B teams/Under 23s in the football league otherwise the big clubs are going to have an army of players kicking their heels many of whom will want to leave unless they get some form of football.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Well done Sunland. Burton, over to you.

I had actually hoped an u21 team would make it to the final. An emptyish Wembley for the showpiece may have been an end to this nonsense.

If they end up with a full house for Portsmouth v Sunderland then less reason for the EFL to bin it off.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Has anyone ever said they think they're a dead duck? 

The loan system is a far bigger threat than the paint pot on my book

Yes they have. On here and on twitter.

I'm not diminishing the threat of loan system,  but this thread is about the B Team boycott.
If the PL thrre some cash at it, the FL would capitulate and we they would be in next season. The way things are going, there is a threat we could be in that league in 7 months time.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Yes they have. On here and on twitter.

I'm not diminishing the threat of loan system,  but this thread is about the B Team boycott.
If the PL thrre some cash at it, the FL would capitulate and we they would be in next season. The way things are going, there is a threat we could be in that league in 7 months time.

I'm puzzled as to what a survey of the views of lower division fans of their clubs' owners has to do with a campaign against B teams. 

13 hours ago, singe said:

B teams in Spain must play in one league below their corresponding senior team. In Germany the B teams cannot play in the top two leagues. Italy are looking into a similar model to that which exists in Spain.

It seems inevitable that the B team debate will continue. It also depends on which model is adopted.

However I am intrigued to hear what Championship clubs have to say in this debate. Would B teams severely reduce the number of loanees they take on? The plus side though could be that there would be less teams to compete against for promotion to the promised land.  🤔

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

B teams in Spain must play in one league below their corresponding senior team. In Germany the B teams cannot play in the top two leagues. Italy are looking into a similar model to that which exists in Spain.

It seems inevitable that the B team debate will continue. It also depends on which model is adopted.

However I am intrigued to hear what Championship clubs have to say in this debate. Would B teams severely reduce the number of loanees they take on? The plus side though could be that there would be less teams to compete against for promotion to the promised land.  🤔

It's interesting which model, yes. 

In Spain, attendances are as pitiful you'd expect. Its only suiting the top teams, but they have a further issue and threat. In the 3rd tier there are 4 regional divisikns, but only 2 promotion spots, so it goes to play offs. 

It makes it doubly hard to get out of the league. 

There are so many issues, it's hard to discuss all of them. 

But as in life, playing the waiting game it, apathy sinking in, feeling of inevitability. 

I'm just very fearful of our ability to survive with this current regime in charge 

If the worse was to happen, I can't see which model is least worst. 

Archived