Jordan Lyden

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Go on then, how much is the budget?

I'd say it's smaller than when Corney was here and he used to get pelters for being a tight arse.

I will take a guess that it's about  £1.5 million for the year down  from about double or more that last year, there's no doubt about it that the policy has changed and AL either isn't prepared to subsidise or worst still hasn't a pot to piss in.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd say it's smaller than when Corney was here and he used to get pelters for being a tight arse.

I will take a guess that it's about  £1.5 million for the year down  from about double or more that last year, there's no doubt about it that the policy has changed and AL either isn't prepared to subsidise or worst still hasn't a pot to piss in.

You're probably spot on with the value. Factor in you had Byrne on £6k a week and Maouche on £4k a week, that's one third of the budget gone on 2 players. 

New loan signing Jordan Lyden wasn’t involved on Tuesday Evening and Bunn gave an update on his situation.

“We've had a problem with Jordan in the fact he's broken down, but Jordan's loan agreement is incentive based, so financially if he doesn’t reach the games required then it's not costing the club anything.”

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

New loan signing Jordan Lyden wasn’t involved on Tuesday Evening and Bunn gave an update on his situation.

“We've had a problem with Jordan in the fact he's broken down, but Jordan's loan agreement is incentive based, so financially if he doesn’t reach the games required then it's not costing the club anything.”

Is anyone in the RAC? Surely we can sort a recovery truck. He'll be on the hell that is the M6 for weeks.

This was posted shortly after he joined us...

Has been quality for our youth team for years now, hard tackler with an eye for goal. Every time he seems to get close to the first team he gets injured. Very injury prone #avfc #oafc

6 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

Bunn did sound annoyed but he’s only got himself to blame, he signed him knowing the risk, he’s spent the budget how he has (mostly decent btw).

worrying how he alluded to we can only really afford to do this kind of deal due to finances. The wage bill has been cut by over 50% and now being told we can only sign crocks basically. 

I don't think "this kind of deal" meant crocks, it probably meant young/fringe or returning from injury players, from clubs in higher leagues.
Still, some people only see what they want to see.

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Suppose this is what happens when you look to strengthen in the last few minutes before the window shuts - amateurish at best. 

Wasn't Lyden one of the deals Bunn was trying to get over the line, previous to the window shutting?

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

There must of been loads of fringe players we could of taken on loan. It seems strange to sign a known crock, when the midfield is so thin. I hope he can get fit, because we desperately need him as an option. 

He was probably completely free