Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sjk2008

Jordan Lyden

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

Go on then, how much is the budget?

I'd say it's smaller than when Corney was here and he used to get pelters for being a tight arse.

 

I will take a guess that it's about  £1.5 million for the year down  from about double or more that last year, there's no doubt about it that the policy has changed and AL either isn't prepared to subsidise or worst still hasn't a pot to piss in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd say it's smaller than when Corney was here and he used to get pelters for being a tight arse.

 

I will take a guess that it's about  £1.5 million for the year down  from about double or more that last year, there's no doubt about it that the policy has changed and AL either isn't prepared to subsidise or worst still hasn't a pot to piss in.

 

You're probably spot on with the value. Factor in you had Byrne on £6k a week and Maouche on £4k a week, that's one third of the budget gone on 2 players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New loan signing Jordan Lyden wasn’t involved on Tuesday Evening and Bunn gave an update on his situation.

“We've had a problem with Jordan in the fact he's broken down, but Jordan's loan agreement is incentive based, so financially if he doesn’t reach the games required then it's not costing the club anything.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

New loan signing Jordan Lyden wasn’t involved on Tuesday Evening and Bunn gave an update on his situation.

“We've had a problem with Jordan in the fact he's broken down, but Jordan's loan agreement is incentive based, so financially if he doesn’t reach the games required then it's not costing the club anything.”

 

Is anyone in the RAC? Surely we can sort a recovery truck. He'll be on the hell that is the M6 for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

He’s “broken down”???

Yes he saw the training facilities  and just started crying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair the Villa fans always said he was never fit, didn't expect it this early though!

Shame as he sounded very promising from what I've read from Villa fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

He’s “broken down”???

He had been injured prior to coming to Latics, presumably he has suffered a recurrence of this injury. Definitely a bummer for the lad and for us ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was posted shortly after he joined us...

 

Has been quality for our youth team for years now, hard tackler with an eye for goal. Every time he seems to get close to the first team he gets injured. Very injury prone #avfc #oafc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'll see your Albert Rusnak and raise you a Jordan Lyden...

 

....Pah, Rob Purdie. Top trumps.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

Bunn did sound annoyed but he’s only got himself to blame, he signed him knowing the risk, he’s spent the budget how he has (mostly decent btw).

 

worrying how he alluded to we can only really afford to do this kind of deal due to finances. The wage bill has been cut by over 50% and now being told we can only sign crocks basically. 

I don't think "this kind of deal" meant crocks, it probably meant young/fringe or returning from injury players, from clubs in higher leagues.
Still, some people only see what they want to see.

 

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Suppose this is what happens when you look to strengthen in the last few minutes before the window shuts - amateurish at best. 

Wasn't Lyden one of the deals Bunn was trying to get over the line, previous to the window shutting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

....Pah, Rob Purdie. Top trumps.

 

Tony Hateley was a big name signing in 1973, played  5 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Suppose this is what happens when you look to strengthen in the last few minutes before the window shuts - amateurish at best. 

 

We are hardly the only club that tries to do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

We are hardly the only club that tries to do that!

I don't disagree but it just reinforces the fact it's better to get your business done early rather than leaving it to the last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'll see your Albert Rusnak and raise you a Jordan Lyden...

Rusnák played for Slovakia tonight. Not sure we can take credit for him getting international caps though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Boys in Blue said:

Rusnák played for Slovakia tonight. Not sure we can take credit for him getting international caps though!

 

One of our biggest ever away wins in the Football League Trophy came with Rusnak running the show ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In FB's interview when asked about Lyden he says, "Unfortunately he got injured and it will be a couple of weeks". Then says 2 or 3 weeks, and a few seconds later that it will be a month. No mention of what the injury is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, League one forever said:

There must of been loads of fringe players we could of taken on loan. It seems strange to sign a known crock, when the midfield is so thin. I hope he can get fit, because we desperately need him as an option. 

He was probably completely free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is fairly obvious that he is a good player who is injury prone and Bunn has got him on a deal that costs us nothing if he doesn't play enough games.  So no chance taken and a good deal for a cash strapped club.  Some of you are dick heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...