£5 administration charge to swap into another stand!

13 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Has someone bought a season ticket for a specific stand , and is that the contractual arrangement, or is it for general admission to the ground ?

Not as simple as “trading standards” whether it is good fan relations or not. 

Can't agree Pete, any extra charges should be in writing in the club's policy. 

I swapped stands for free last season and there's no written difference in contract this season.

Edited by BP1960

12 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Well as long as they give you a receipt then it's fine, isn't it.

Joke of a policy deserves enough criticism as it is without pretending there's criminality about it.

I worked for a major retail company. Charging a customer extra without  a valid reason as in this case is a breach of contact.

The club cannot make instant rules up on the hoof at the whim of a member of staff.

Edited by BP1960

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

This might have already been asked but is the stand you wanted to go in more expensive than your ticket ?

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

This might have already been asked but is the stand you wanted to go in more expensive than your ticket ?

I don't know about them, but in my case I was taking an extra person to watch the team who wouldn't have gone otherwise.

A £5 charge will discourage that IMO.

T&C’s on website say;

All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer. 

This one above would suggest; as you can’t use your ST for any other stand as stated and the conditions of reprinting a new ticket for another stand of £5 as I’ve stated earlier they arent breaking any laws despite people being abit disgruntled with it. 

Tickets are not transferable and may not be offered for sale without the prior written permission of the Club. Any steward, officer of the Club or any police officer may confiscate any tickets offered for sale.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Surely nobody would be daft enough to pay this?

That's why the Trust should clarify the policy at the next meeting.

If AL wants more fans and a spirit of 'togetherness' he needs to sort this out.

The club should be encouraging extra fans, not driving then away.

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

T&C’s on website say;

All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer. 

This one above would suggest; as you can’t use your ST for any other stand as stated and the conditions of reprinting a new ticket for another stand of £5 as I’ve stated earlier they arent breaking any laws despite people being abit disgruntled with it. 

Tickets are not transferable and may not be offered for sale without the prior written permission of the Club. Any steward, officer of the Club or any police officer may confiscate any tickets offered for sale.

Not true as it was the club's  policy to swap tickets for free last season.

You can't have members of office staff interpreting things diffrently one week to the next.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

That's why the Trust should clarify the policy at the next meeting.

If AL wants more fans and a spirit of 'togetherness' he needs to sort this out.

The club should be encouraging extra fans, not driving then away.

Can't imagine more than a handful of people wanting to change stands at any one time so not sure a big deal needs to be made about it, the charge should be dropped though.

Bigger issue for me is the ridiculous advance pricing and I would certainly like to see the Trust push for some movement on that.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You can't have members of office staff interpreting things diffrently one week to the next.

Not true? It’s from the clubs terms and conditions page ???

I've gone in one stand before and told a steward I've come in the wrong stand and he's walked me round to the said stand. 

Also swapped a season ticket at the ticket office in previous years without any problem.

As said certain areas have more expensive season tickets but if it's a one off and not something that's being done every week in a conning kind of way I don't see the issue. 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The official policy which affects 99 per cent of tickets for any event is that they are not transferable and can only be redeemed for the seat stated on the ticket. A customer isn't entitled to exchange their ticket for another seat.

The club allowing fans to swap has always been at their discretion and they are entitled to charge for it, they're not breaking any laws. 

However I agree that it's poor form from the club to charge, £5 is especially steep. 

7 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

I've gone in one stand before and told a steward I've come in the wrong stand and he's walked me round to the said stand. 

Also swapped a season ticket at the ticket office in previous years without any problem.

As said certain areas have more expensive season tickets but if it's a one off and not something that's being done every week in a conning kind of way I don't see the issue. 

I actually went in the away end at bury last season, I was sure we had swapped ends for that game! I quickly alerted a steward and got moved to the main stand.

56 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Arrrr. That’s even more fucked up. Stay off the green. ??

It was when they gave bolton and another team the Rochdale road end. I had it on my head that it was bury too, I walked in to aload of 18 year old pissed bury fans. So I made a swift exit ?