Barnsley (H)

I think it's a minimum of 5 players who were involved in the previous game.

I went with Clarke alongside Graham to help Graham through the game, but to be fair if Edmundson wants to be a leader then it could be a good game for him to take charge of the back line and give Clarke a rest.

Clarke out for Hamer and push Graham inside. Clarke shouldnt even be on the bench for this

Lydon to come in for Gardner

Lang to come in for Baxter. He still needs easing in 2 games in a week is too much at this stage after being out for so long.

Zeus in for Iverson.

As you were for the rest.

This is a 3rd priority so we should rotate for this competition and give other members of the squad game time so that should they be thrust into action at any point they are ready.

36 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I'd play Stott if he's fit.

Agreed. He seems to be the forgotten man this season and could do with a couple of first team appearances to get him up to speed in case he's needed in the next  few weeks. Can't see him breaking up the George and Clarkey partnership so Tuesday would be a good opportunity to play him in central defence.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

So Zeus is available and not away for 2 games?

Is Dummigan back?

Zeus

Hamer

Graham

Edmundson

Taylor

Branger 

Missilou

Lydon

Nepo

Miller

Lang

Dont we have to play 6 who started the previous match?

• EFL clubs must include at least four qualifying players in the ten outfield players named in their starting XI.
  • The four qualifying players must either (a) start the preceding fixture (b) start the fixture immediately after (c) be in the top ten of appearance makers for the club so far that season (d) have made forty or more first team starting appearances in their career to date.

That (d) clause makes it painfully easy not to fall foul of the rulemakers...

Sebastian Stockbridge. That name rings a bell and I don't think it's for the right reasons.

Edit - just had a look and our record is horrendous when he has reffed. A couple of twattings by Posh, the Pompey blizzard game last year as well. We haven't won in any of the 8 league games he has reffed us. 

Edited by 4froale

20 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I think it's a minimum of 5 players who were involved in the previous game.

I went with Clarke alongside Graham to help Graham through the game, but to be fair if Edmundson wants to be a leader then it could be a good game for him to take charge of the back line and give Clarke a rest.

I'd give Edmundson the rest rather than Clarke. 

Clarke's fit as a fiddle but if age is starting to have any impact he'd probably benefit from being kept ticking over....

With Edmundson on the other hand there's the risk of running a young lad into the ground like we did with Fane.

That said, he might be one of these who can handle it easily... 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Nobody should need a rest in September.

Lang and Surridge up front, get that partnership developing.

So you're advocating playing arguably our best forward who six games into the league season has missed matches on two occasions for a midweek match most supporters aren't interested in ?

Edited by Bobledgersheart