Barnsley (H)

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Nobody should need a rest in September.

Lang and Surridge up front, get that partnership developing.

35 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment i'd give Gardner a day off for this one. 

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

So you're advocating playing arguably our best forward who six games into the league season has missed matches on two occasions for a midweek match most supporters aren't interested in ?

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That's exactly what I am doing yes.

Good idea to rest Gardner imho.

Good idea to play Surridge and Lang together imho.

Also a good idea to give a start to the likes of Maouche and Dummigan if ready...imho

It's a bit more complicated than it should be so I think you have to play more than four from last Saturday to make sure four also play next Saturday.

"7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

7.6 Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000."

No it's literally at least 4 players who satisfy ANY of those 5 criteria!!!

Just as long as you don't play your actual youth team, you're fine basically.

Anyway, sounds like a handful of changes for us rather than resting absolutely everyone. I imagine Barnsley will have more backup players on the field than us.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Not free but it’s available to buy for £10 again like most Tuesday games now. 

Same as the cost to get in.  Nice.  Some of these games have been £5 on the door, are they going to charge £10 to watch a 1 camera feed on the internet for those games too?!