Barnsley (H)

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Said this for years. Literally makes us sound like a joke, he is the Spinal Tap of commentators.

No doubting his passion, but why isn't he told to stop the constant moaning about the opposion and referees.

This bias is spoiling every  commentary.

He also often butts into the commentary when he should wait to be invited for his comments. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

No doubting his passion, but why isn't he told to stop the constant moaning about the opposion and referees.

This bias is spoiling every  commentary.

He also often butts into the commentary when he should wait to be invited for his comments. 

Oh man...

12 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Kind of sums how desperate it is when you have to say within a game how good someone is 'again' 

Never heard it said of Baxter, Doyle or Byrne ..

I could have said it for that reason,  but actually I wasn't.  I have seen him play 4 times.  Been good or very good 3 times.  People point to the one bad performance that he had last season as being proof he is 'shit'.  Gardner has been a bit shit for the last 3 games but gets a free pass #notaforeigner

Maouche looks very composed on the ball, rarely if ever gives it away to the opposition and can see a pass.  There is definitely something in him.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I assume FB was experimenting with tactical substitutions, but it obvious after 10 minutees of constantly being caught in possesion it wasnt working so Baxter and Gardner should have switched roles.

Another square peg in a round hole last night with Benteke on the right wing.

Graham too at right back last Saturday.

I actually thought Benteke was decent on the wing and looked dangerous. He also worked back well and it in a proper shift. Think he will be useful myself. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I could have said it for that reason,  but actually I wasn't.  I have seen him play 4 times.  Been good or very good 3 times.  People point to the one bad performance that he had last season as being proof he is 'shit'.  Gardner has been a bit shit for the last 3 games but gets a free pass #notaforeigner

Maouche looks very composed on the ball, rarely if ever gives it away to the opposition and can see a pass.  There is definitely something in him.

I don't like him and it's not because he's foreign it's because he goes hiding in games, doesn't justify his hefty wage for me neither, I'd still be suprised if he turns out any good but let's see - its only my opinion and personally I don't think there's any need to bring race into it.

Agree with regards Gardner though he has struggled.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't like him and it's not because he's foreign it's because he goes hiding in games, doesn't justify his hefty wage for me neither, I'd still be suprised if he turns out any good but let's see - its only my opinion and personally I don't think there's any need to bring race into it.

did you go last night?  he did the exact opposite of hiding, constantly moving and looking to receive the ball and was on the ball a lot until the subs.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

“Goes hiding in games”.

Hes barely kicked a ball for us... ?. Hard to get into the English game if you don’t play games regularly. He’s done ok in the past (nothing special)... but played well last night.

Agree with the wage part. However, interpreters wage + footballers wage = Maouche.

6 hours ago, youngen said:

Lost the game last night due to a combination of no leadership clearing simple balls away for the goals, and Bunns horrendous subs/tactical changes. Took 2 energetic strickers off (rightly to rest for Saturday), and replaced with O Grady on his own who was completely exposed and couldnt get into the game. Bizarrely played Baxter deep and Gardner behind O Grady, and left Benteke wide. No one outside of the club really gives a shit about the result, but last night was Bunns fault at the end why we lost. Hopefully we beat Newport to justify the resting of the players. 

First sentence it’s a combination of ‘no leadership & Bunn’s tactics’. Penultimate sentence ‘Bunn’s fault at the end why we lost’.

The highlights of both goals we conceded support the ‘no leadership’ comment - indecisive, clumsy and muddled defending.

And perhaps Benteke should have put his header away at the end.

Bunn may not have had his best game tactically but ultimately the players on the park cost us.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

did you go last night?  he did the exact opposite of hiding, constantly moving and looking to receive the ball and was on the ball a lot until the subs.

Watched it on IFollow so granted I may of missed some of his play off the ball but personally thought he became less effective as the game wore on, it's encouraging that he does seem to be improving because we seem to have a real weakness in central areas at the moment with Gardner and Coke both disappointing and the lad from Villa looks more trouble than he's worth.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Your not Maouche's agent are you kowenicki??  ? £4k per week gives you a nice cut.....

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Watched it on IFollow so granted I may of missed some of his play off the ball but personally thought he became less effective as the game wore on, it's encouraging that he does seem to be improving because we seem to have a real weakness in central areas at the moment with Gardner and Coke both disappointing and the lad from Villa looks more trouble than he's worth.

No wonder Maoche went missing after the subs, he'd have been as confused with the midfield combination as the fans. 

Edited by BP1960

On 9/5/2018 at 3:04 PM, yarddog73 said:

Bloody hell! I agree with a lot of your posts, but do you think you might be writing Lyden off a little early?! He hasn't played yet!

Anyone can get injured, give him a chance!

15 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Bloody hell! I agree with a lot of your posts, but do you think you might be writing Lyden off a little early?! He hasn't played yet!

Anyone can get injured, give him a chance!

Probably worded that wrong to be fair, lets hope so - I suppose it was borne out of frustration at us finally signing a midfielder only for him to turn up crocked with little chance of replacing him. Let's hope we get a chance to see him because he does look like a prospect.