Peter Clarke

• 9 months later...

Gonna have a night off from Shez

Please can someone scour a link to this man, searched Facebook far and wide.

26 years a fan. One of the ultimate best as a player and more so as a man. Along with Eyresy and the like.

His POTS record with other teams always proved that but the way he handled himself over the last few years at this club, i’ll never forget.

One (and if we did a poll of since we reached the third tier) of greatest. Can’t find him, his mum or dad on Facebook.

Even tried to find Aiden O’Neill (who) for that ball at Chesterfield, not if, my favourite EVER blues goal, 10 men, the atmosphere, referee, finished. 

Thanks Clarkey 💙🧡

I know you probably won’t read this but i f*cking hope you do, from the bottom of my heart one of the best men/players to have graced our club in the last 25 years and that is no exaggeration. From Wellens to Wild to Sheridan you acted like a professional and acted like a man. Our loss is someone else’s gain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Gonna have a night off from Shez

Please can someone scour a link to this man, searched Facebook far and wide.

26 years a fan. One of the ultimate best as a player and more so as a man. Along with Eyresy and the like.

His POTS record with other teams always proved that but the way he handled himself over the last few years at this club, i’ll never forget.

One (and if we did a poll of since we reached the third tier) of greatest. Can’t find him, his mum or dad on Facebook.

Even tried to find Aiden O’Neill (who) for that ball at Chesterfield, not if, my favourite EVER blues goal, 10 men, the atmosphere, referee, finished. 

Thanks Clarkey 💙🧡

I know you probably won’t read this but i f*cking hope you do, from the bottom of my heart one of the best men/players to have graced our club in the last 25 years and that is no exaggeration. From Wellens to Wild to Sheridan you acted like a professional and acted like a man. Our loss is someone else’s gain.

Grow up and lay off the Class A's you weird stalky crack smoker

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, sjk2008 said:

A little birdie says there's a slight chance he comes back.

Yes I heard the same from 2 people, who work on the periphery of the club, earlier this week. They said don't yet rule out Clarkey coming back - so maybe something's afoot?

They also said there's going to be a big push on that age-old subject of attracting more ethnic minority fans to BP. Rumours of a fair chunk of free tickets (i.e. for several matches) to attract the Asian youth (my guess, however, is that any ticket distribution will be "across the board" i.e. via schools for any youth who is interested).

They said longer term, the club will also look into hosting Asian Melas and the viability of tapping into the huge Asian wedding market (OEC as a venue?). There was a passing comment that alcohol may, in time, be banished from the ground but tbh I`m not sure whether that was a wind up, as they know I like a drink. The rest of the conversation seemed to be genuine though. The thought being that the current owner and his brother may be best placed to understand how to attract the asian muslim population, in particular, to BP. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Yes I heard the same from 2 people, who work on the periphery of the club, earlier this week. They said don't yet rule out Clarkey coming back - so maybe something's afoot?

They also said there's going to be a big push on that age-old subject of attracting more ethnic minority fans to BP. Rumours of a fair chunk of free tickets (i.e. for several matches) to attract the Asian youth (my guess, however, is that any ticket distribution will be "across the board" i.e. via schools for any youth who is interested).

They said longer term, the club will also look into hosting Asian Melas and the viability of tapping into the huge Asian wedding market (OEC as a venue?). There was a passing comment that alcohol may, in time, be banished from the ground but tbh I`m not sure whether that was a wind up, as they know I like a drink. The rest of the conversation seemed to be genuine though. The thought being that the current owner and his brother may be best placed to understand how to attract the asian muslim population, in particular, to BP. 

How is he going to get to use the OEC at non match time? 

2 hours ago, singe said:

How is he going to get to use the OEC at non match time? 

Not sure, singe and that's why I put a question mark against OEC. At the end of the day I suppose commerciality rules. If the place is going to be packed out and turning over lots of money I`m sure an appropriate hire rate could be negotiated but who knows. The whole idea of the OEC originally was to generate non-match day income - perhaps ideas are being looked at across the board.

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Not sure, singe and that's why I put a question mark against OEC. At the end of the day I suppose commerciality rules. If the place is going to be packed out and turning over lots of money I`m sure an appropriate hire rate could be negotiated but who knows. The whole idea of the OEC originally was to generate non-match day income - perhaps ideas are being looked at across the board.

I'd imagine plans are in place now.

I'm sure the owners, both old and new would wnat money up front from him though!
Be nice to have a progress report and timescale update. And a reveal to allay some peoples fears.

9 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

The Baxter of old or the released all new version?

The Baxter we had in the 2nd half of the season was fine and was when he played our best player.

We did the hard bit and got him fit if we bring him back next season we could easily see the benefit of on his day one of the most talented players at this level.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

Great servant to the club.  Deserved better treatment.

Wonder if he'll pitch up at Bury in some sort of player coach/player assistant manager role? Apparently they're announcing their new set up today.