Peter Clarke

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Played on trial for Fleetwood Town tonight in a 1 nil win over Wrexham,  not good enough for Abdallah though

Player of the Year several times-posters on here falling over themselves in a race to praise him-utter madness to release him-37 years old and he has to play in a trial match?

It's taking a while to find a new club isn't it?

He’s going to Portugal on their preseason training camp so they’ve probably recognised his value to a squad already.

The guy will be a massive, massive loss to this club this season ..future manager potential without a shadow of a doubt and I hope it’s with us one day!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s going to Portugal on their preseason training camp so they’ve probably recognised his value to a squad already.

As did everyone connected with OAFC apart from the clowns that own it

The guy will be a massive, massive loss to this club this season

100%

...future manager potential without a shadow of a doubt and I hope it’s with us one day!

Unfortunately, not a hope in hell while the Lemmys are here. I seriously doubt Clarkey would even want to walk on the same side of the road as those two looneys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

The guy will be a massive, massive loss to this club this season ..future manager potential without a shadow of a doubt and I hope it’s with us one day!

On trial. 

I suspect he will be a squad player for them though or he’ll help out coaching.

He should be a a coach with us though. I wouldn’t want him as first choice now because all things must come to an end and relying on him at 38 would be lunacy. 

Biggest mistake letting him go.  He’d still play the whole season for us if he was here and be the best defender on the pitch.

Fucking lunacy but nothing surprises me with those two fuckwits in charge.  Nothing has made me think otherwise in the weeks of pre-season ... in fact it’s cemented my view of their fuckwittery.

Unless we have 7 or 8 decent players lined up - 2 CBs, a playmaker, 2 strikers, a DM another fullback and a winger - then we’re fucked big style next season.  

That line up at the airport would have the opposition pissing themselves.

Other clubs around us are signing decent players in numbers.  We’ve signed two GKs, a fullback and a fucking Spanish donkey 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

On trial. 

I suspect he will be a squad player for them though or he’ll help out coaching.

He should be a a coach with us though. I wouldn’t want him as first choice now because all things must come to an end and relying on him at 38 would be lunacy. 

Wait till you see his replacement Sonhy Sefil:laught30:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Biggest mistake letting him go.  He’d still play the whole season for us if he was here and be the best defender on the pitch.

Fucking lunacy but nothing surprises me with those two fuckwits in charge.  Nothing has made me think otherwise in the weeks of pre-season ... in fact it’s cemented my view of their fuckwittery.

Unless we have 7 or 8 decent players lined up - 2 CBs, a playmaker, 2 strikers, a DM another fullback and a winger - then we’re fucked big style next season.  

Other clubs around us are signing decent players in numbers.  We’ve signed two GKs, a fullback and a fucking Spanish donkey 

4306722467_67ae757116_b.jpgAbout as much use unless something miraculous happens

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

El Burro it is then

Peter Clarke may or may not have another season in him. Personally, I think he will struggle to keep up with the pace for another year. However, as a leader of men and someone for the youngsters to learn from - absolutely invaluable. He could have been used sparingly in the first team in order to develop the likes of Stott and Hamer - just as he did with Edmundson. He was just a great guy to have around the club. Will be very sadly missed.

• Like 6

I'm of the opinion that Edmundson wouldn't have shown up anywhere near as well if it wasn't for Clarke. Stott should be learning off him too this season. It's such a shame we've released him without so much as a thank you.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I'm of the opinion that Edmundson wouldn't have shown up anywhere near as well if it wasn't for Clarke. Stott should be learning off him too this season. It's such a shame we've released him without so much as a thank you.

Your opinion is bang on.

On 7/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, wiseowl said:

Peter Clarke may or may not have another season in him. Personally, I think he will struggle to keep up with the pace for another year. However, as a leader of men and someone for the youngsters to learn from - absolutely invaluable. He could have been used sparingly in the first team in order to develop the likes of Stott and Hamer - just as he did with Edmundson. He was just a great guy to have around the club. Will be very sadly missed.

Agree he could have been a good asset and mentor to the younger guys and has been an awesome player for us.

However if the playing budget is tight which it clearly is, then you cannot just sign Clarke for another season to "use him sparingly". He's probably on a decent salary for a club like us, so if he wasn't up to playing pretty much every game then it was the correct decision to release him IMO.

I 100% agree the way he was released was crap though.

Also the relationship between him and owner seem to have become untenable so I would have thought even if offered a deal Clarke would have walked.

50 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Agree he could have been a good asset and mentor to the younger guys and has been an awesome player for us.

However if the playing budget is tight which it clearly is, then you cannot just sign Clarke for another season to "use him sparingly". He's probably on a decent salary for a club like us, so if he wasn't up to playing pretty much every game then it was the correct decision to release him IMO.

I 100% agree the way he was released was crap though.

Also the relationship between him and owner seem to have become untenable so I would have thought even if offered a deal Clarke would have walked.

If the owner can justify re-signing Vera and offering Benteke a contract within the parameters of the current playing budget then Clarkey was definitely worth another 2 years...

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If the owner can justify re-signing Vera and offering Benteke a contract within the parameters of the current playing budget then Clarkey was definitely worth another 2 years...

Correct, it's shortsighted at best and the way we capitulated at the end of the relegation season should of been proof enough of his importance.