Colchester United (h)

I could see why we played sideways and backwards yesterday. Any long balls would just have been giving away possession because of their height. I noticed that we were also playing out of defence far more often than of late rather than Iversen punting it forwards all the time.

As for Baxter, Lee Johnson said that it was a problem where to play him, and Sheffield United also had the same problem, and he didn't always start for them.

That goal at the end empathises everything about peter Clarke! A leader and a Born winner! We wouldn’t have gone down last season with him, rather than gerrard! He would have got us that final win, he would drove us over the line!

Edited by latics22

54 minutes ago, latics22 said:

That goal at the end empathises everything about people Clarke! A leader and a Born winner! We wouldn’t have gone down last season with him, rather than gerrard! He would have got us that final win, he would drove us over the line!

And it made up for his poor attempted header leading to Colchester’s second goal ?

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

That goal at the end empathises everything about peter Clarke! A leader and a Born winner! We wouldn’t have gone down last season with him, rather than gerrard! He would have got us that final win, he would drove us over the line!

I don't think you meant empathises, but I agree with your sentiments. Clarke will make mistakes and he's lost his pace, but his footballing brain is vital to our defence. Young George will learn a lot playing alongside him.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I miss Hilda Baker.

21 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I don't think you meant empathises, but I agree with your sentiments. Clarke will make mistakes and he's lost his pace, but his footballing brain is vital to our defence. Young George will learn a lot playing alongside him.

You’re right I didn’t! It looked wrong when I wrote it . I am still struggling to recall the word, embodies ??? Probably.