Colchester United (h)

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This fixation of having a big immobile lump our fans have is quite scary at times, I wouldn't mind if he had the ability to hold the ball up or win an header but he generally doesn't he is also painfully slow over ten yards.

I think it's more your fixation with not having O'Grady in the starting eleven. You must at least admit he turned and put Surridge in down the wing for the first goal and won the flick on for the second. He does win his fair share of aerial duels despite giving inches away and although slow leads a line well in my opinion. I too would like to see Lang play with Surridge again after their cameo v Barnsley but there's no great rush to change a winning team, however pressing your agenda is. 

52 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I think it's more your fixation with not having O'Grady in the starting eleven. You must at least admit he turned and put Surridge in down the wing for the first goal and won the flick on for the second. He does win his fair share of aerial duels despite giving inches away and although slow leads a line well in my opinion. I too would like to see Lang play with Surridge again after their cameo v Barnsley but there's no great rush to change a winning team, however pressing your agenda is. 

Fair points but similarly there's nothing to say we wouldn't be even better with Lang up there, why wait? Thought O'Grady was lucky to come out for the second half at Grimsby because he turned possession over at will in the first half and killed our attacking play, let's face it he could of had no complaints. I'm sure Bunn will persevere with him though I just feel we are missing a trick.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Tbf you probably do know better than most people, the manager, the coaching staff and the players. Best we go with whatever you suggest ??.

Here's me thinking this was a forum where views could be shared. I'm sure FB and AR as well as the players don't give a flying fuck for what I have to say it's just an opinion.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair points but similarly there's nothing to say we wouldn't be even better with Lang up there, why wait? Thought O'Grady was lucky to come out for the second half at Grimsby because he turned possession over at will in the first half and killed our attacking play, let's face it he could of had no complaints. I'm sure Bunn will persevere with him though I just feel we are missing a trick.

Sounds to me more like the coaching team were blaming Surridge for not being in the right places: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/september/16092018-surridge-post-grimsby/

14 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Just looked at Soccerbase to see when we last played this lot - 2016 so quite recent.

Then checked our recent record against them?! Not beaten them in 8 attempts at home, a certain late Richard Butcher winner the last time we took all three points. 

I had in my head we had a horrendous home record against this lot. I don't think I've ever seen us beat them.

That cheap game at home a couple of seasons back sticks out, just off the back of a big home win. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

After today's 7-0 defeat to Rochdale reserves  I imagine the team on Saturday will be the the same as started against Grimsby.

And in fairness their is no real need to change it regardless of this particular result.

I was wondering what the hell we were doing signing O'Grady in the summer but I think hes done really well at doing the ugly stuff. I thought we got worse in our last home game when he went off. I reckon Surridge appreciates playing alongside hims as their is less pressure on him to do the target man stuff. Think what Michael Owen said about Emile Heskey.

We are in good form and with no midweek game it should be a case of as you were.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

After today's 7-0 defeat to Rochdale reserves  I imagine the team on Saturday will be the the same as started against Grimsby.

BP, even if Latics had won 7-0, the team for Saturday would still be the same. I remember when reserve games were just match practice for fringe players or first team regulars returning from injury...and a good bit of fun for spectators. Now, thanks to the all-seeing bollocks of social media, today's result is suddenly a disaster for the club and a good excuse for the knuckle-draggers that inhabit cyberspace to stick the boot in.

Absolute nonsense. We alll know Baxter, Hamer, Maouche and even De La Paz can step up when needed.
Why would they throw themselves into a game like this when they know the risk of injury could scupper their first team chances?

Stott, Millar and Benteke had more reasons than any to give it a go...and perhaps they did.
We didn't see the game, so we don't know.

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

BP, even if Latics had won 7-0, the team for Saturday would still be the same. I remember when reserve games were just match practice for fringe players or first team regulars returning from injury...and a good bit of fun for spectators. Now, thanks to the all-seeing bollocks of social media, today's result is suddenly a disaster for the club and a good excuse for the knuckle-draggers that inhabit cyberspace to stick the boot in.

Absolute nonsense. We alll know Baxter, Hamer, Maouche and even De La Paz can step up when needed.
Why would they throw themselves into a game like this when they know the risk of injury could scupper their first team chances?

Stott, Millar and Benteke had more reasons than any to give it a go...and perhaps they did.
We didn't see the game, so we don't know.

it's called professional pride. I'll predict most of these will be moved on in January if at all possible.

You will find then more competitive players signed to replace them.

I've already two for recommendation.

Edited by BP1960