Colchester United (h)

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

it's called professional pride. I'll predict most of these will be moved on in January if at all possible.

You will find then more competitive players signed to replace them.

I've already two for recommendation.

Professional pride should be a good reason for any person in any job to do their best, unfortunately, not everybody is cut from the same cloth. In my job, children depend on me to be safe and secure, so I do my best. Footballers? I'm not completely convinced that a good many of them truly appreciate their privileged lives, considering what some people have to do to scrape a living. To get a full squad of competitive, loyal and professional players is nigh on impossible, in my opinion. There will always be the journey men, the wastrels and the free-loaders. Bunn has to suss this out, which I am sure he is more than capable of, and pick his teams accordingly.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I’ll predict not. How many played? 14? So, most of 14? Lets say 10. Write them down. Bet you couldn’t be more wrong.

I predict most of them will still be here in february.

It will only be because we can't move them on quickly enough.

55 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’d really like to see Baxter start tommorrow.

If we can only use him sparingly, I’d rather it be at home when the onus is on us to create. Plus if teams sit in against us a midfielder who can pass and keep possession would be very welcome. 

Agreed. So long as he [Frankie] is not playing him [Baxter] in front of the back 4, like he did t'other week.......

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

I’d really like to see Baxter start tommorrow.

If we can only use him sparingly, I’d rather it be at home when the onus is on us to create. Plus if teams sit in against us a midfielder who can pass and keep possession would be very welcome. 

How long should it take for these guys to get fit?

furthermore,Baxter stood on one leg is better than anything else we have. Get him in from the start instead of handing the other team the initiative.

Edited by archiecat

13 minutes ago, archiecat said:

furthermore,Baxter stood on one leg is better than anything else we have. Get him in from the start instead of handing the other team the initiative.

Whilst I agree with this where and who do you replace him with, Missilou is the back fours protection and Gardner (generally) keeps us ticking over, he wouldn't be suited out wide so we'd have to change the system to accommodate him. 4-3-3 maybe?

21 minutes ago, archiecat said:

It’s a mystery why 3/4 months after signing, he’s still not fit. But I agree how is going to get fit without minutes? Plus Gardner needs a rest IMO. 

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I agree with this where and who do you replace him with, Missilou is the back fours protection and Gardner (generally) keeps us ticking over, he wouldn't be suited out wide so we'd have to change the system to accommodate him. 4-3-3 maybe?

Whatever it takes,as far as i am concerned you pick baxter,gardner,surridge and missilou then fill the two remaining places however you see fit.

Shouldn't be a question of how we fit Baxter in.

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s a mystery why 3/4 months after signing, he’s still not fit. But I agree how is going to get fit without minutes? Plus Gardner needs a rest IMO. 

I mentioned weeks ago that Gardner, maybe subconsciously ? feels the need to do the Byrne thing of having every play go through him.

Due to that he makes more mistakes and tires quicker, i feel that Baxter starting would help Gardner immensely. 

17 hours ago, archiecat said:

I mentioned weeks ago that Gardner, maybe subconsciously ? feels the need to do the Byrne thing of having every play go through him.

Due to that he makes more mistakes and tires quicker, i feel that Baxter starting would help Gardner immensely. 

Except Baxter plays up front and FB won’t be dropping Missile.

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Typical Twatter doom and gloom already...

Bradley Knowles @BradleyKnowles1 
Hopefully we get the win today but today stinks of 1-0 Colchester #oafc

If you are one this forum, why don't you ever give it a rest?
Makes me wonder if the so-called OAFC fans do this just so they can say "I told you so".

He used to post on here, he does say he hopes we win.

It's the sort of game we would lose in the past on the back of a few decent performances, lets hope we've turned a corner in that respect.