Behind closed doors

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is the kind of humbling humiliating defeat that can't just be brushed over, as much as some might like to do so...

I think that the management team will be concerned at the size of the defeat. They will have learned more about the fringe players and some of these players cannot have done themselves any good if they are serious about breaking into the starting eleven.

Agree that it’s not a defeat that can simply be brushed over but it’s also not worth dwelling on it too much either. As many suspected, our squad is not awash with players who can step up if needed. Today’s result was a chastening reminder of that fact.

However we have a first eleven that is lying sixth in League 2. The following players did not feature today:

Iversen, Hunt, Clarke, Edmundson, Taylor, Branger, Nepomuceno, Missilou, Gardner, Lang, Surridge, O’Grady. 

These along with Baxter and, when fit, Dummigan and possibly Lyden will play the bulk of the games up to the next transfer window.

Let’s hope they stay fit and out of trouble...?

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Five or six players in there that regularly feature in the first team or on/from the bench.

No way they were ever going to perform even at 50% in that match.

Just my opinion but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

The furore on Twatter is a joke.

So why did Rochdale's first team squad members play at 100%?

Why are people missing the point that every single player that started for them this season has played for their first team this season ....

Which included two of their main players and their second highest scorer for the season. 

We never stood a chance, we treated it as a training exercise. They treated it as their cup final as per ....

Deyres is right... if we won 7-0 there would be comments about the management and players praising them... talk about who should be pushing for the first team. Selling Hamer for 600k and a 70% sell on clause etc.

So in a 7-0 defeat why are we not allowed to talk about players and performances and such like? Without being constantly put down as negative twats etc.

No middle ground with a lot of posters.

26 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Why are people missing the point that every single player that started for them this season has played for their first team this season ....

Which included two of their main players and their second highest scorer for the season. 

We never stood a chance, we treated it as a training exercise. They treated it as their cup final as per ....

They are not here just to pick up wages for doing nothing.

There is such a thing as pride in performance. I am sure FB will be making this point.

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

They are not here just to pick up wages for doing nothing.

There is such a thing as pride in performance. I am sure FB will be making this point.

All eleven had played for Rochdale's first team though. I know it's only Rochdale but still. 

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

All eleven had played for Rochdale's first team though. I know it's only Rochdale but still. 

I once saw John Barnes and Stuart Pearce work harder than anyone in a reserve match..That's professionalism.

Those who hardly play yet when they do can't be bothered to earn their wages should go IMO.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I once saw John Barnes and Stuart Pearce work harder than anyone in a reserve match..That's professionalism.

Those who hardly play yet when they do can't be bothered to earn their wages should go IMO.

Whose to say our lads didn't work hard?! They got beat as our kids played a professional first team. We had a scholar in net in the second half whose never played a professional match. All 11 of theirs have played in the first team this season .... 

37 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Deyres is right... if we won 7-0 there would be comments about the management and players praising them... talk about who should be pushing for the first team. Selling Hamer for 600k and a 70% sell on clause etc.

So in a 7-0 defeat why are we not allowed to talk about players and performances and such like? Without being constantly put down as negative twats etc.

No middle ground with a lot of posters.

I couldn’t give a shit. It’s a reserve game. Would have been completely unmoved if we’d won by the same score line too. 

8 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

I couldn’t give a shit. It’s a reserve game. Would have been completely unmoved if we’d won by the same score line too. 

I have to say you set a poor standard with your tone and language .

No wonder others follow suit with even worse.

Who moderates the moderators?

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1