Behind closed doors

40 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Why the f*ck did Jose play.

He should be in cotton wool, sat on his sofa watching Dion on the TV ready for cup final number 9 on Saturday. 

Jose on one leg will win us this league. 

He needs match fitness.

How come a half fit Jose didn't beat Dale!!!

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He never plays a full match, so how is gaining match fitness?

He's half a match fitter than if he didn't play! I've said before, I don't really see a fully fit Jose much before Christmas IMHO, he's quite some catching up to do.

15 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Can't get enthused either way about a stiffs game. Had we won 7-0, I wouldn't have given a shit. 

I wouyld not have put a huge amount of store by it, but I would have been pleased at the influence of Andy Rhodes, I'd have been looking forward to more competitive games for fringe players, I'd believe we were making progress on one club mentality, I'd be a little reassured fringe players could step in come injury time, and I'd have been making sure Dale were aware we won too.....

I'm certainly not going to slash my wrists, but it it is very concerning  to capitulate when half the teams should be playing to stake a claim for a  first team start.

Our ressies have lost 7-0 to Dale's, that is how far we have fallen.

Edited by singe

5 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

How many players were in last Saturday’s starting line ups? 

None of ours were there? Don’t know about Rochdale.

More a question of how many of these can we rely on if called up to the first team?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

More a question of how many of these can we rely on if called up to the first team?

The starting eleven today 

De La Paz, Baxter, Miller, Benteke, Graham, Norman, Stott, Maouche, Sheridan, Hamer, Gaskell

Of the above, whom could we rely on?  De La Paz, Baxter, Hamer, Miller and possibly Graham. Only Baxter would be close to our first eleven. 

Of the injured, Dummigan definitely and the ‘as yet untried’ Lyden possibly would strengthen our options. 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is the kind of humbling humiliating defeat that can't just be brushed over, as much as some might like to do so...

Oh yes it can, I will give zero fucks about it when the predicted piss boil dies down just like you should do.

It has zero influence on what will happen this Saturday and only confirms what many of us already know and that is we have half a dozen squad players who are stealing a wage.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Discounting the fish and chip posts, there are probably less football related comments on the Grimsby thread (3-0 away win) than on this one for a match that only a couple of people witnessed.

Frankie and the first team must be doing something right eh?

Usual suspects love a bit of drama and negativity.   I’m beginning to think they just quietly seethe when we win. 

Which result tells us more? Grimsby away or this?  Not even worth a discussion. 

51 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Oh yes it can, I will give zero fucks about it when the predicted piss boil dies down just like you should do.

It has zero influence on what will happen this Saturday and only confirms what many of us already know and that is we have half a dozen squad players who are stealing a wage.

Nothing to do with Saturday, no Oldham team at any level should be getting beaten that badly by Rochdale.

32 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

....If you only care about the here and now of the first team.

I guarantee if the result was the other way round there would be street parties under way across the borough.

You’re talking shite.   If an Oldham team with a smattering of first teamers had beaten a reserve team from a division below I wouldn’t give a damn. 

Edited by kowenicki

Results such as this should serve to remind us that there are both good and bad days at the office.

The first team will get walloped at some stage this season, i also fully expect us to improve on the 3 goals scored at Grimsby in the future.

Would be nice to bring a couple of players in next window to replace the non producers though.