"Support your team, always"

5 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

True football fan, through thick and thin he just kept supporting his club to the end. Puts some of the crap penned on here in perspective.

One man's crap is another man's philosophy.

I always say that football results don't matter in the grand scheme of life but that's just my philosophy. To someone else, whose view on life is totally different from mine, football may be a major outlet and the results really do matter.

To support your team, always, should be common to us all. I couldn't even show the slightest interest in supporting another team.
As the Highlander says..."There can be only one!" :D

My philosophy - on a similar mantra to his - is:

I'm not a football fan. I'm an oldham fan.

I couldn't give a toss who.wins the premiership or the fa cup. The cup only matters while we are in it. Don't think I have watched the final in the last 20 years.

As for the prem I couldn't even name an 11 in the correct positions

Edited by philliggi

• 2 weeks later...

Seems as an appropriate time as any to reintroduce this thread.

Whatever you think of the players as footballers, it's a disgrace that they haven't been paid when they should for the umpteenth time.

There's ways of doing things and obviously someone within the camp has gone to the press, but the players were completely bang on with going on strike yesterday.

Professional or otherwise, I could understand if they didn't feel 100% committed to the club at the moment so getting behind them tomorrow might make difference between them giving a feck and not...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeP said:

Seems as an appropriate time as any to reintroduce this thread.

Whatever you think of the players as footballers, it's a disgrace that they haven't been paid when they should for the umpteenth time.

There's ways of doing things and obviously someone within the camp has gone to the press, but the players were completely bang on with going on strike yesterday.

Professional or otherwise, I could understand if they didn't feel 100% committed to the club at the moment so getting behind them tomorrow might make difference between them giving a feck and not...

I agree with you, support from the fans will always be appreciated. I can't agree with the 100% commitment, though...I have worked and not received wages on time but realised that I had to carry on with full professionalism in order to make sure I got my wages and it didn't happen again. Not being professional doesn't help anybody and it certainly won't help the players to move on, should anything disastrous happen.

I am going tomorrow, none season ticket, full price. I did consider not going tho, if I feel like that how many others will? Increasing attendance, wasn’t down to anything other than backing al. A lot of people will feel disappointed in him, I do. But I will still go, I still will cut him a bit of slack. But I go because it’s my club.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

I agree with you, support from the fans will always be appreciated. I can't agree with the 100% commitment, though...I have worked and not received wages on time but realised that I had to carry on with full professionalism in order to make sure I got my wages and it didn't happen again. Not being professional doesn't help anybody and it certainly won't help the players to move on, should anything disastrous happen.

I hear what you're saying, but it's undoubtedly going to have affected morale - especially as it's happened on numerous occasions in the past and it's fairly certain to happen on numerous occasions in the future.  Carlisle won't have this problem, so getting behind the team might make up the shortfall.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I am going tomorrow, none season ticket, full price. I did consider not going tho, if I feel like that how many others will? Increasing attendance, wasn’t down to anything other than backing al. A lot of people will feel disappointed in him, I do. But I will still go, I still will cut him a bit of slack. But I go because it’s my club.

Why pay full price whilst you can still get discount ones online now