Jump to content
OWTB Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yarddog73

"Support your team, always"

Recommended Posts

He's right in what he says though, football for all the downs does give you some great moments and highs even when in the long run there's little success.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

True football fan, through thick and thin he just kept supporting his club to the end. Puts some of the crap penned on here in perspective.

One man's crap is another man's philosophy.

 

I always say that football results don't matter in the grand scheme of life but that's just my philosophy. To someone else, whose view on life is totally different from mine, football may be a major outlet and the results really do matter.

 

To support your team, always, should be common to us all. I couldn't even show the slightest interest in supporting another team.
As the Highlander says..."There can be only one!" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My philosophy - on a similar mantra to his - is:

 

I'm not a football fan. I'm an oldham fan.

 

I couldn't give a toss who.wins the premiership or the fa cup. The cup only matters while we are in it. Don't think I have watched the final in the last 20 years.

As for the prem I couldn't even name an 11 in the correct positions

Edited by philliggi
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems as an appropriate time as any to reintroduce this thread.

 

Whatever you think of the players as footballers, it's a disgrace that they haven't been paid when they should for the umpteenth time.

 

There's ways of doing things and obviously someone within the camp has gone to the press, but the players were completely bang on with going on strike yesterday.

 

Professional or otherwise, I could understand if they didn't feel 100% committed to the club at the moment so getting behind them tomorrow might make difference between them giving a feck and not...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeP said:

Seems as an appropriate time as any to reintroduce this thread.

 

Whatever you think of the players as footballers, it's a disgrace that they haven't been paid when they should for the umpteenth time.

 

There's ways of doing things and obviously someone within the camp has gone to the press, but the players were completely bang on with going on strike yesterday.

 

Professional or otherwise, I could understand if they didn't feel 100% committed to the club at the moment so getting behind them tomorrow might make difference between them giving a feck and not...

I agree with you, support from the fans will always be appreciated. I can't agree with the 100% commitment, though...I have worked and not received wages on time but realised that I had to carry on with full professionalism in order to make sure I got my wages and it didn't happen again. Not being professional doesn't help anybody and it certainly won't help the players to move on, should anything disastrous happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going tomorrow, none season ticket, full price. I did consider not going tho, if I feel like that how many others will? Increasing attendance, wasn’t down to anything other than backing al. A lot of people will feel disappointed in him, I do. But I will still go, I still will cut him a bit of slack. But I go because it’s my club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wardie said:

I agree with you, support from the fans will always be appreciated. I can't agree with the 100% commitment, though...I have worked and not received wages on time but realised that I had to carry on with full professionalism in order to make sure I got my wages and it didn't happen again. Not being professional doesn't help anybody and it certainly won't help the players to move on, should anything disastrous happen.

 

I hear what you're saying, but it's undoubtedly going to have affected morale - especially as it's happened on numerous occasions in the past and it's fairly certain to happen on numerous occasions in the future.  Carlisle won't have this problem, so getting behind the team might make up the shortfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I am going tomorrow, none season ticket, full price. I did consider not going tho, if I feel like that how many others will? Increasing attendance, wasn’t down to anything other than backing al. A lot of people will feel disappointed in him, I do. But I will still go, I still will cut him a bit of slack. But I go because it’s my club.

Why pay full price whilst you can still get discount ones online now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×