Swindon Town (A)

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Are we in danger if doing an Adam Rooney with Lang by playing him wide?

its just that I can imagine him going to another Division 2 club in January and scoring goals as a striker.

I'd like to see how he does up front with Surridge. Actually I'd like to see us throw caution to the wind and play them up front with Baxter behind them but I think I'm gonna be disappointed.

This is a tough league with some big physical players.  IMO O'Grady or Miller with Lang or Surridge is going to be the best option for most games in this league.  It gives some presence up front and has got us into the playoff postions. I think there is more to come with a fully fit Baxter and Dummigan but no need to change things too much at this stage.  It's a long season and they will all get their chance but for me its as you were for now.

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Where to go for a cheeky beer prematch? Last time we played at Swindon I went to The Merlin (Greene King) on Drove Road - it is a decent pub and ten minutes from the ground. Standard pub grub and Sky on multiple screens. 

Any other that people have used?

That's also my usual :drinking45:

17 hours ago, Whitts said:

This is a tough league with some big physical players.  IMO O'Grady or Miller with Lang or Surridge is going to be the best option for most games in this league.  It gives some presence up front and has got us into the playoff postions. I think there is more to come with a fully fit Baxter and Dummigan but no need to change things too much at this stage.  It's a long season and they will all get their chance but for me its as you were for now.

0-3, we'll shit em.

And I agree with Whitts, O'grady is the scapegoat at the minute yet people seem to forget when he went off as a sub against Newport and we had all of the attacking players that people want to see start, we looked MUCH worse and had 0 presence up front. Then he got 2 assists at Grimsby. 

We scored a couple after he went off against Colchester but to be fair we battered them most of the game. 

I'm not his biggest fan and to be honest I think Miller is a better 'football' player but he's done well the past few games O'Grady. 

56 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

0-3, we'll shit em.

And I agree with Whitts, O'grady is the scapegoat at the minute yet people seem to forget when he went off as a sub against Newport and we had all of the attacking players that people want to see start, we looked MUCH worse and had 0 presence up front. Then he got 2 assists at Grimsby. 

We scored a couple after he went off against Colchester but to be fair we battered them most of the game. 

I'm not his biggest fan and to be honest I think Miller is a better 'football' player but he's done well the past few games O'Grady. 

Can't disagree with any of that more, all about opinions though.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Where to go for a cheeky beer prematch? Last time we played at Swindon I went to The Merlin (Greene King) on Drove Road - it is a decent pub and ten minutes from the ground. Standard pub grub and Sky on multiple screens. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Saw this on an online bookmakers app:

Dan Gardner to score at anytime and Oldham to win and both sides to score. What are the odds of that happening?

12-1 actually... I might have a cheeky 50p on that one...?

Mods - can this lad have a cheeky ban if he refers to anything else as "cheeky"? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The Gluepot, a simply superb pub. 10-15 minute walk to the ground. Turn right out of Swindon station, 5 minute walk to the pub. Hopback Brewery, usually at least 7-8 really good beers on draught.

Edited by Worcester Owl

23 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

250 sold so far....Pay on the day available 

Swindon is my nearest league 2 ground. Arkells stand in the corner has a reasonable view and pretty good acoustics. Expect 350 to 400 to be there. Hopefully a few from ‘darn sarf’ will make their way out west to boost our numbers ?

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, aaronoafc said:

0-3, we'll shit em.

Both from set pieces - the difference late on last week was the delivery was better

20 hours ago, pukka said:

Both from set pieces - the difference late on last week was the delivery was better

Good point and agree with that. Thought we looked a lot more like scoring in general against Colchester throughout the game though where as against Newport only Surridge's 1 on 1 sticks out