Jose Baxter interview with the Times

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Glad he's with us and we're not playing against him. 

Would like him to be on the pitch more but hopefully that's coming.

I'd  start him ahead of Lang at Swindon on Saturday and get a good 60mins out of him. 

Lang has been playing on the wing tho. Only real candidates to drop are Surridge, Gardner, Missile or O’Grady.

I would be tempted to ‘rest’ O’Grady with the potential for an added bonus that swindon could possibly then be caught off guard in how they would have prepared to face us.

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I would be tempted to ‘rest’ O’Grady with the potential for an added bonus that swindon could possibly then be caught off guard in how they would have prepared to face us.

Same here, rest O'Grady and give Baxter licence to roam. Missilou and Gardner need to play. One option we do have with Dummigan back is the possibility of having Dummigan and Hunt as wingbacks, it's a formation we played at times pre season as well as Hunt with Dummigan wide right.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Same here, rest O'Grady and give Baxter licence to roam. Missilou and Gardner need to play. One option we do have with Dummigan back is the possibility of having Dummigan and Hunt as wingbacks, it's a formation we played at times pre season as well as Hunt with Dummigan wide right.

Way forward for me. With Edmundson, Clarke and Taylor making the back 3. 

Also I would me more inclined to play nepo as the left sided wing back. Purely for his left foot. Otherwise you get an Ashley young situation where it’s cut in every time on his right foot 

Edited by LightDN123

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I lost my voice bemoaning Gardner taking the pen @ Forest Green for the same reason...... thankfully it went in.

Bournemouth at home in his first stint. One nil down and we get a penalty with about ten minutes to go. Baxter, having chipped his last two penalties and got away with it, steps up. Only a numpty would chip it again, you would think. He chips it. Keeper saves. 

I have a tantrum and storm out..

Baxter is toss at penalties. 

59 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Baxter is toss at penalties! Certainly no Pawel Abbott 

47 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Bournemouth at home in his first stint. One nil down and we get a penalty with about ten minutes to go. Baxter, having chipped his last two penalties and got away with it, steps up. Only a numpty would chip it again, you would think. He chips it. Keeper saves. 

I have a tantrum and storm out..

Baxter is toss at penalties. 

I'm a traditionalist. Your best player takes pens. Andy Ritchie missed them too.