Jose Baxter interview with the Times

On 10/13/2018 at 9:38 PM, Dave_Og said:

How old is that interview?  Sounds a bit fragile to put it mildly.

I saw and thought the same thing - Could this be why he's nowhere near firing on the pitch? 

Just seems like he's still not come to terms with where he is and what has happened and if that plays on his mind, perhaps it's affecting performance. Whilst he was poor on his last start - there is 100% still a player in there and needs a run of luck / decent performances to boost his confidence again. He should boss this league when he's at his peak

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Going to be honest, How long are we going to carry on with the “he will be quality when he returns to full match fitness” ‘“he is the best player in league 2 by a mile”..We are now 15 games into the season and i still dont see half the player we originally had..

Forget about Baxter from last time, that won't be happening again but it would be nice if he got his act together and Bunn played him correctly.

He’s been out of competitive football for a while and he’s playing in a far inferior team to the one he played in last time, however, he’s still a quality player especially at this level but I just don’t think Bunn has got a clue how to get the best out of him!

Used properly behind a front two or behind Surridge in a 4 4 1 1 he’d be a massive asset. He needs a run of games to get his confidence up but It would also help if there was some movement up top!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s been out of competitive football for a while and he’s playing in a far inferior team to the one he played in last time, however, he’s still a quality player especially at this level but I just don’t think Bunn has got a clue how to get the best out of him!

Used properly behind a front two or behind Surridge in a 4 4 1 1 he’d be a massive asset. He needs a run of games to get his confidence up but It would also help if there was some movement up top!

Doesn't explain how he faded so badly.

Maybe he is still struggling to overcome the pre season injury which could be worse than thought?