Latics Website

There was once a fairly long running thread dedicated to the errors and cock ups on the "fishul". It's been a while since anyone added to it.

So I think it is now time to give praise where it's due. In addition to being the match day announcer at BP and commentating on away games, Sam has, IMO, been doing a cracking job on the website.

You don't see the constant errors that used to be so prevalent; there is more news content and new features; match reports, both home and away, are usually up within half an hour; we now have manager's pressers in two parts, adding that little bit more to it; player interviews on the last and upcoming games.

It's possible there are other areas that still need a bit of a facelift but, all in all, I think it's a job very well done. Thank you, Sam.

5 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Agreed, a lot of cracking updates recently from social media and the website , such as the ticket office having its own Twitter and Facebook page 

The much more regular use of the Oafc hash tag on the official twitter account is also apparent since Luke left. 

I think the ticket office is probably not connected to Sam, much more likely the new person they hired a few weeks ago. But like you say a definite improvement. 

Still wish he wouldn’t ask the same old questions in Interviews and essentially answer his own questions. Very tiresome.

On a related note, Roy’s obvious disdain for Gardner is pathetic. Amongst other things, what kind of commentator/fan says before a free kick is taken that he thinks it will end up in row Z? 

The bloke needs to give up gracefully and go and sit with the fellow moaners in the George Hill upper

It's better than it was, but errors haven't completely disappeared.

"There a number of affordable sponsorship opportunities available to get your business seen at Boundary Park. "

“To go down like we’ve done and come back like did shows the character of this side and I thought the boys were terrific today.”

"“We can't prepare for the way the corners came, the first one we had the ball and passed it out for a corner and one's come off one our lads back, but ultimately we haven’t defended properly."

Bring on the downvotes!

I think Sam deserves a lot of credit, he's done a great job so far, the TWOL series is very good and all the other media work he produces is enjoyable and informative. The use of the #oafc tag is a massive improvement even if our cousins in Ontario won't be best pleased.

Roy and Mike do a great job with the commentary too. I go through periods of agreeing with you that Roy may need to start winding down but he occasionally completely captures what it is to be a Latics fan as we blaze a certain goal wide or let them waltz through our defence. Also he is clearly 100% Latics and no other media service broadcasts with the club at heart as our commentary team do.

37 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

I'd just like to be able to buy away tickets online, i know this has been raised before but in 2018 I would have thought this would be fairly simple to sort out, its defo an improvement on what it was overall. It's almost possible to find things now

I’ve brought away tickets online without any hassle last season and the present.

2 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

I'd just like to be able to buy away tickets online, i know this has been raised before but in 2018 I would have thought this would be fairly simple to sort out, its defo an improvement on what it was overall. It's almost possible to find things now

Some away tickets can be bought online but not others. I bought my Grimsby match ticket and coach ticket online, but it looks like we can't buy tickets for Swindon online, unless they forgot to add the link.

They did. Swindon tickets are available online, if you go to tickets>matchday and sign in.

I echo the improvements, and I  also agree with BG about Roy. Absolutely no reflection on Sam, but I do wish the FL would update the format of the official sites. They are so restricting.

I  wish they would make ifFollow Live matches a link in itself too, you have to go all round the houses.

Again, no reflection on Sam.

I wish Sam would interact on twitter more though.

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

You know I think I may wish to retract my statement. Firstly with the use of sleeps and secondly the errant apostrophe. 

And an extraneous 'of'.  But there I am starting consecutive sentences with conjunctives.

10 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

There was once a fairly long running thread dedicated to the errors and cock ups on the "fishul". It's been a while since anyone added to it.

So I think it is now time to give praise where it's due. In addition to being the match day announcer at BP and commentating on away games, Sam has, IMO, been doing a cracking job on the website.

You don't see the constant errors that used to be so prevalent; there is more news content and new features; match reports, both home and away, are usually up within half an hour; we now have manager's pressers in two parts, adding that little bit more to it; player interviews on the last and upcoming games.

It's possible there are other areas that still need a bit of a facelift but, all in all, I think it's a job very well done. Thank you, Sam.

Nothing has changed since Luke has left. Sam's questions are borderline propaganda with an answer attached at the end... Get someone qualified in. Not a City fan.

On 9/27/2018 at 4:11 PM, Monty Burns said:

There’s still quite a few ‘errors’ but it’s a fresh start so I ignore them!!!

Match reports seem to be written by a none fan and each twitter post on a matchday should always end with the current score.

Its much much much better than it was. Keep it up, Oldham.

They definitely read this board!