Notts County (a)

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

An half fit Surridge would have scored an hat trick tonight.

Maybe not, BP. This is just how it goes sometimes.

I recall the Tin Pot trophy match against Chesterfield when Tommy Lee played a blinder....something like 18 or 19 shots, no goals and Chesterfield scored from a punt up-field, if I remember correctly.

Really couldn't fault Latics at all tonight. Bossed it from start to finish. If we'd scored 6, they couldn't have complained. Their keeper MOM says it all. Apart from the odd stray pass, I thought everyone played well. Keep playing like that and we'll be fine. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I hope your right. Can’t see it tho. Bunn is killing my desire to go and watch my team , It’s just one performance. A poor result regardless. Following on from a terrible result. Don’t get carried away with a draw against a dog shit team. 

GFY ??

Whose getting carried away? Not me but rather Latics went at them than playing as bad as County did. It only takes one man....the 'keeper...to have a blinder and keep the ball out of the net. Up-vote for the GFY. :D

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

Really couldn't fault Latics at all tonight. Bossed it from start to finish. If we'd scored 6, they couldn't have complained. Their keeper MOM says it all. Apart from the odd stray pass, I thought everyone played well. Keep playing like that and we'll be fine. 

We got a point against the worst team i have ever seen,yeah we are mint.

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

We got a point against the worst team i have ever seen,yeah we are mint.

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Also put a league table and a form table up to show what a poor team they are. We really should be beating them. No excuses. 

No excuses, just reasons. They played well tonight and, although some chances were missed, their keeper made at least 2 or 3 saves that he had no right to see, let alone stop. Had we won 3-0 after playing like that, a lot of comments on here would be completely different. Credit where it's due tonight to FB and the team.

Just now, Wardie said:

It wasn't the result we wanted but would you rather Latics had played with no attacking intent and lost?

We should be going into EVERY single match with attacking intent surely ? Forget tonight. I didn’t go and I have no plans to go anytime soon. He’s not the right man for the job. A 0-0 against a terrible team home or away regardless of performance will simply not do IMO. 

It is frustrating, but I've not seen us boss a game to that extent this season (with the exception of against ten man Cheltenham..).  Against any other keeper in the division, we score 3 or 4 on another night.

At least Frankie has come round to the idea that playing two up front creates chances..

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

It wasn't the result we wanted but would you rather Latics had played with no attacking intent and lost?

I watched it, we huffed and puffed yet again,there were a couple of very good saves from the keeper and a goal line clearance.

i also saw them almost snatch it at the end and that after a very good double save from Iversen.

We are shite and it's no use pretending any different, When we are scoring half a dozen of those 19 chances i will get giddy.

No excuses, just reasons. They played well tonight and, although some chances were missed, their keeper made at least 2 or 3 saves that he had no right to see, let alone stop. Had we won 3-0 after playing like that, a lot of comments on here would be completely different. Credit where it's due tonight to FB and the team.

Fair comment. It would be good it the #pissboiltmoaningbastards on Twatter could be that level headed. :D
F**cking social media...it really is dangerous in some knuckle draggers' peoples' hands.

Results usually need to be looked at in the context of the games around it.....if we comfortably beat Hampton as we should and then win our next home league game then tonight might look like the start of something, if not, then it will look like we simply failed to beat a team in really poor form 

Just now, JoeP said:

It is frustrating, but I've not seen us boss a game to that extent this season (with the exception of against ten man Cheltenham..).  Against any other keeper in the division, we score 3 or 4 on another night.

At least Frankie has come round to the idea that playing two up front creates chances..

I think Notts County though were the worst team we have faced in many a long year.

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

We should be going into EVERY single match with attacking intent surely ? Forget tonight. I didn’t go and I have no plans to go anytime soon. He’s not the right man for the job. A 0-0 against a terrible team home or away regardless of performance will simply not do IMO. 

Apart from an attacking/strong line-up and 19 shots at goal...what would you, as manager, have done differently?

17 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Maybe not, BP. This is just how it goes sometimes.

I recall the Tin Pot trophy match against Chesterfield when Tommy Lee played a blinder....something like 18 or 19 shots, no goals and Chesterfield scored from a punt up-field, if I remember correctly.

True, and Notts County nearly snatched it in stoppage time.

How is it none of these clubs have keepers like Budz and Blaney?

Edited by BP1960

Just now, Wardie said:

Apart from an attacking/strong line-up and 19 shots at goal...what would you, as manager, have done differently?

I didn’t go , I didn’t watch or listen. That’s the point , I didn’t want to after some of the non performances I’ve seen this season. Winnable games we’ve not even tried to win. I can take being shit. I have for more than 20 years. I can’t justify shelling out dough going to a match I’m not even sore we’ll try to win. Tonight is ONE match. It’s an exception not the norm. Anyway I’m gonna log out and let some of you basque in the glory of a nil nil with the team in 22nd in league two. 

Wardie this is not aimed at you. I get what you are saying. I don’t like Bunn and his non tactics it’s as simple as that.