Notts County (a)

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I watched it, we huffed and puffed yet again,there were a couple of very good saves from the keeper and a goal line clearance.

i also saw them almost snatch it at the end and that after a very good double save from Iversen.

We are shite and it's no use pretending any different, When we are scoring half a dozen of those 19 chances i will get giddy.

Shock horror...'keepers makes good saves. I didn't watch, to be fair, but if Latics surely had played shite, the 'keeper would not have had to make the good saves and a goal line clearance would not have been necessary, It's football and it really is a game of 'what-if' and 'if only'. Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I may have gone 3 at the back and i may have given Baxter more than 10 mins.

Good point, although I got the impression that Baxter had slightly fallen out of favour with his footballing ability seemingly on the downturn.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Shock horror...'keepers makes good saves. I didn't watch, to be fair, but if Latics surely had played shite, the 'keeper would not have had to make the good saves and a goal line clearance would not have been necessary, It's football and it really is a game of 'what-if' and 'if only'. Just my opinion.

believe me,you made a very wise decision in not watching and you are a tenner to the good, enough said. 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Good point, although I got the impression that Baxter had slightly fallen out of favour with his footballing ability seemingly on the downturn.

Couldn't fault the effort but it needed a change before 80 mins.Just my opinion .

10 minutes ago, archiecat said:

ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!! We have people wanting to bin Frankie,how the hell is Kewell not leaving Meadow lane with his P45 .

Probably because it will cost county a lot more to get rid of Jewell than it will cost us to get rid of Frank.

I have a feeling that there are some folk who will only be happy (just) if we play consistently well for 95 minutes and hammer teams out of sight.

How many games do you see in every division, no matter how good they are our how poor the opposition, and fail to win? It happens. 

I'll slam the team and FB when performances are poor, but that was well played tonight. We don't have a divine right to beat teams near the bottom of the table.

Play like that every game and we won't go far wrong.

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Couldn't fault the effort but it needed a change before 80 mins.Just my opinion .

Why? We were all over them. Just unlucky. They weren't the worst team we've played either. That's just the standard of league 2 .

Baxter has been poor so why bring him on when playing well? COG hasn't done as much in all his games as Miller has in the few he's played in. 

What changes would have won us the game? Apart from them subbing the keeper

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

An half fit Surridge would have scored an hat trick tonight.

A half fit Adam Rooney would have scored a Hat trick tonight and corporal clot would have scored 6 from Bradford's bench. That was the worst Notts County side I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Maybe Frankie has cottoned on that League 2 actually has some right dross in it. Notts County were one of the  favourites at the start of the season, but I’ve not seen one tweet or post saying anything but how poor they were (that’s despite them changing managers a couple of months ago). That’s certainly the view I got from listening to Radio Manchester, at any rate.

Maybe Rhodes was advising him to play one up front and generally be more defensive, maybe AL has ‘advised’ him to be more attacking.

Maybe Miller’s year wholly out of football and not playing much the year before has meant it has taken him until now to be fit enough for a starting place on a regular basis.

I think the attacking intent shown over the last 2 games, against a side that is doing well and one that was tipped to do a lot better, has kept Frankie in his job, despite us picking up only 1 point. After listening to that I am A LOT more confident in our prospects, than I was last week.

Oh yes let’s dance in jubilation as we managed to get 5 shots on target at 22nd in the league. 

Piss off. Absolutely no desire to win that in last 10.

2 mins added on says it all. Another write off of a season, we’re lucky there’s only 2 relegation spots and we scraped those points at the start of the season. 

Bunn out. I’d take anyone.

• Like 1

Excellent all round performance by the team. Only thing lacking is the bloody goals!! 

Should have scored at least 4

Their keeper was motm with some brilliant saves. 

We had a solid defence which restricted any attempts at goal. 

Our  wingers actually put some decent crosses in. Miller edged it for me as our motm

Feels like a loss but all credit to the team who did everything but score. 

Badly missing Surridge. 

44 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I didn’t go , I didn’t watch or listen. That’s the point , I didn’t want to after some of the non performances I’ve seen this season. Winnable games we’ve not even tried to win. I can take being shit. I have for more than 20 years. I can’t justify shelling out dough going to a match I’m not even sore we’ll try to win. Tonight is ONE match. It’s an exception not the norm. Anyway I’m gonna log out and let some of you basque in the glory of a nil nil with the team in 22nd in league two. 

Wardie this is not aimed at you. I get what you are saying. I don’t like Bunn and his non tactics it’s as simple as that. 

You're becoming increasingly separatist from the club. 

42 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I have a feeling that there are some folk who will only be happy (just) if we play consistently well for 95 minutes and hammer teams out of sight.

How many games do you see in every division, no matter how good they are our how poor the opposition, and fail to win? It happens. 

I'll slam the team and FB when performances are poor, but that was well played tonight. We don't have a divine right to beat teams near the bottom of the table.

Play like that every game and we won't go far wrong.

You contradict yourself Bristol. 

Your last line says it all, the reason people are unhappy is because we haven’t played like that in every game. People don’t expect to hammer sides, but they do expect an intent to win the game. 

If we had played like we did tonight throughout the season- even with a similar points total, people would be far happier IMO. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Your last line says it all, the reason people are unhappy is because we haven’t played like that in every game. People don’t expect to hammer sides, but they do expect an intent to win the game. 

If we had played like we did tonight throughout the season- even with a similar points total, people would be far happier IMO. 

No, I haven't contradicted myself. The point I am making is that there are some who, despite us playing very well tonight, are suggesting we are rubbish because we failed to score.

We weren't rubbish at all. It was just one of those nights. We didn't huff and puff as has been suggested. We did try to win it in the last 10, contrary to what has been put forward. I fail to understand why 2 minutes stoppage time says it all. It only tells me that the trainers weren't needed. That does not signify lack of effort.

Yes, the last sentence says we will be fine if we carry on playing like that, but i still believe there are those who won't accept it until we put away all the chances we create against teams at the bottom. I repeat, it was just one of those nights.

Edited by Bristolatic

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

BOOM !! Exactly the point I was (badly) trying to make. Thank you. 

Fundamentally it comes down to a lack of squad depth and quality.

The intent was there last night and the set up was correct with the tools that Frankie has at his disposal. The one thing he can’t do is put it in the net for them.

We’ve been dealt a shit hand by our owner who hasn’t got a proverbial pot and who said us up for failure by cobbling together a squad on peanuts. Our options up front without Surridge are embarrassing. Last night I was willing Frankie to make a sub and freshen things up but there was no one (no, not even Jose) who was going to be an improvement on what we had out on the pitch which says a lot. 

Edited by south east latic

At least we've managed to put a consistent ninety minutes in and it appears every player from 1 to 11 turned up for the first time this season, since O'Grady has been dropped we've had around 30 shots at goal in two games which speaks volumes.

Saw the best and worst of Miller in the game and on another night he goes home with the ball but he's a million miles a better option than our other 'striker' who was on the bench.

The problem we have though is that it's taken Bunn months to work these basics out and you could say we are now a victim of the position that Bunns poor tactics and shocking team selections have put us in, players confidence is rock bottom and all his don't lose at all costs mentality does is drain players mentally.

Next two games are absolutely crucial and nothing but convincing wins will do as the run of games after that looks quite difficult, let's see if Frank continues with the bold attacking approach despite not getting the result last night or reverts back to the insipid shite we were treated too previously.

Surridge situation needs sorting ASAP because allowing the lad himself to decide whether he is well enough to turn out for us is in my book unacceptable and more importantly unprofessional.