Notts County (a)

10 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I've forgiven him for playing a pivotal role in our relagation and at this level he's a good player in my opinion.

Ah Gaz, you tried desperately to tell us that he was a good player at League One level all last season. Now you’re at it again in League Two.

He’s a 1 in 5 man. He’ll have some poor  games. He’ll have some ok games. And he’ll have 1 good game in 5 games. He’s a middle League Two player. Who with other better players around him can win a promotion. He warrants playing coz he’s better than we’ve got in the middle which doesn’t say a lot. I’m happier to see him further up the pitch where he can’t cause problems for our defence with his indecision on the ball or passing it away to the opposition. And if he’s going to be the man to be picking up the 2nd balls and keeping attacks going, I’d rather see that than his continual passing the ball backwards. Fingers crossed playing higher up gives him a new lease of life. 

18 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I’m happier to see him further up the pitch where he can’t cause problems for our defence with his indecision on the ball or passing it away to the opposition.

This is where we will get the best out of Gardner. Lyden could play the holding role allowing Dan to play in an advanced role.

7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

...........That's why it's so disappointing that Jose looks a shadow of the player he was.

........someone at Stevenage was berating me for wanting Baxter to come on for this very reason. Form/fitness is temporary, class is permanent is my thinking. I concede he's be poor to date, but I'd be prepared to play him into form/fitness because at 26 he shouldn't be anywhere near finished.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

........someone at Stevenage was berating me for wanting Baxter to come on for this very reason. Form/fitness is temporary, class is permanent is my thinking. I concede he's be poor to date, but I'd be prepared to play him into form/fitness because at 26 he shouldn't be anywhere near finished.

Oh completely agree. I was shouting at Bunn to bring Baxter on at Meadow Lane from about 60 mins in. I'd be delighted if we saw even 50% of the Jose we used to have - would knock spots off our current creative options (mentioning no names).

On 11/6/2018 at 9:55 PM, Wardie said:

Fair comment. It would be good it the #pissboiltmoaningbastards on Twatter could be that level headed. :D
F**cking social media...it really is dangerous in some knuckle draggers' peoples' hands.

Dear oh dear, BB80...I know you have a Twatter account but down voting me...really...and without a reply???
I thought you were better than that.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Downvoted for feeling entitled to an explanation to being downvoted. There’s my explanation for you ??

I'm with Wardie on this.

If someone disagrees then why not say?

It comes across, in my opinion, as childish......tantamount to "I don't want to talk to you any more".

This is a message board and, I'd like to think, a home for reasoned debate.

But then again...….the last line is beyond some!!!

Edited by mikejh45

22 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I'm with Wardie on this.

If someone disagrees then why not say?

It comes across, in my opinion, as childish......tantamount to "I don't want to talk to you any more".

This is a message board and, I'd like to think, a home for reasoned debate.

But then again...….the last line is beyond some!!!

To save time then , in the future if anyone receives a downvote from myself it’s because your talking either bollox or shite ?

14 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Ah Gaz, you tried desperately to tell us that he was a good player at League One level all last season. Now you’re at it again in League Two.

He’s a 1 in 5 man. He’ll have some poor  games. He’ll have some ok games. And he’ll have 1 good game in 5 games. He’s a middle League Two player. Who with other better players around him can win a promotion. He warrants playing coz he’s better than we’ve got in the middle which doesn’t say a lot. I’m happier to see him further up the pitch where he can’t cause problems for our defence with his indecision on the ball or passing it away to the opposition. And if he’s going to be the man to be picking up the 2nd balls and keeping attacks going, I’d rather see that than his continual passing the ball backwards. Fingers crossed playing higher up gives him a new lease of life. 

Happy to be proven wrong but I honestly don't recall singing his praises last season. Think you mean Ousmane Fane.

17 hours ago, Wardie said:

Dear oh dear, BB80...I know you have a Twatter account but down voting me...really...and without a reply???
I thought you were better than that.

Truthfully...I couldn't be arsed replying with "nice to see you lumping everyone as one and the same on Twitter (Twatter)"

There's plenty of funny, interesting, well reasoned input on #oafc (if you avoid my handle on it ?.) But like any medium be it a radio phone-in, this messageboard or other forms of social media there'll be plenty with extreme views and/or just simply out for the wind up. About pretty much any subject.

Hence my downvote.

9 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Truthfully...I couldn't be arsed replying with "nice to see you lumping everyone as one and the same on Twitter (Twatter)"

There's plenty of funny, interesting, well reasoned input on #oafc (if you avoid my handle on it ?.) But like any medium be it a radio phone-in, this messageboard or other forms of social media there'll be plenty with extreme views and/or just simply out for the wind up. About pretty much any subject.

Hence my downvote.

I don't lump all under the same label. There actually are some really funny and well-observed comments on Twitter...I just don't see that many on the OAFC hashtag, come a Saturday afternoon. I like to use Twitter to get the goal information as soon as possible and for that privilege, I have to pay for my sin by trawling through endless twaddle and general derogatory comments toward the team, the manager and Dan Gardner. Unfortunately, it's always the same, usual suspects that spout the vitriol or the moronic Jekyll & Hyde comments. Maybe some are spoof accounts from non-fans, which makes their participation even more pathetic.

I thought the backlash on Twitter against Adam Rooney was nothing short of disgraceful. No wonder he left. I would hate for another Latics player or manager to get the same treatment from some faceless idiots, however, I wouldn't rule it out. Social media is easy to hide behind and I stick to my guns...dangerous in some hands.

No offence to you, BB.
You are not one of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

I don't lump all under the same label. There actually are some really funny and well-observed comments on Twitter...I just don't see that many on the OAFC hashtag, come a Saturday afternoon. I like to use Twitter to get the goal information as soon as possible and for that privilege, I have to pay for my sin by trawling through endless twaddle and general derogatory comments toward the team, the manager and Dan Gardner. Unfortunately, it's always the same, usual suspects that spout the vitriol or the moronic Jekyll & Hyde comments. Maybe some are spoof accounts from non-fans, which makes their participation even more pathetic.

I thought the backlash on Twitter against Adam Rooney was nothing short of disgraceful. No wonder he left. I would hate for another Latics player or manager to get the same treatment from some faceless idiots, however, I wouldn't rule it out. Social media is easy to hide behind and I stick to my guns...dangerous in some hands.

No offence to you, BB.
You are not one of them.

Put updates from club official Twitter on for goal info for our games. Immediate and save you trawling through stuff you don't want to see 

50 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Put updates from club official Twitter on for goal info for our games. Immediate and save you trawling through stuff you don't want to see 

Or use the Flash Scores app. It's a bit too quick sometimes when goals are ruled out, but it's pretty good overall.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, Wardie said:

No offence to you, BB.
You are not one of them.

Adam Rooney scores in Salford's 1-1 draw at Shrewsbury in the FA cup.