Mansfield (a)

Dummigan back fit would completely alter my tactics if I were FB.

5-3-2 

Iversen

Dummi Hunt Clarke Edmundson Taylor

Missilou Gardner Baxter

O Grady/Surridge/Miller/Lang

Nepo scored 2 in 2 before international duty and now cant get back in because FB is playing 2 players out of position. If he sticks 442 he needs to put Nepo back in for Branger and switch Lang to RW.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Crossing is a skill that can be worked on.

Unless you think he’s reached his peak at 22 years old and less than 100 games?

Just think he is an out and out full back.

The best cross I've seen this season was the one that Gardner dropped into Baxter at Grimsby, if we have a right midfielder in the squad it is probably him.

1 hour ago, youngen said:

5-3-2 

Iversen

Missilou Gardner Baxter

Nepo scored 2 in 2 before international duty and now cant get back in because FB is playing 2 players out of position. If he sticks 442 he needs to put Nepo back in for Branger and switch Lang to RW.

Couldn't agree more :applause1:

5 hours ago, youngen said:

5-3-2 

Iversen

Missilou Gardner Baxter

Hamer over Hunt as the 3rd centre half surely?

This will be our toughest game to date I think and a good marker as to where we are. 

They are difficult to beat and score plenty at home so defensively we will really be tested. 

Another 0-0 wouldn't surprise me.... However I hope we give it a decent go and try to win the game. 

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

This will be our toughest game to date I think and a good marker as to where we are. 

They are difficult to beat and score plenty at home so defensively we will really be tested. 

Another 0-0 wouldn't surprise me.... However I hope we give it a decent go and try to win the game. 

If we didn't attempt to win Saturday I can't see why we'll try tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If we had Davies for O'Grady this season I reckon we'd be top two, particularly the Davies that started last season. Be interesting to see how he fares tonight.

If he’s fit...

Been injured (standard) 

14 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Hamer over Hunt as the 3rd centre half surely?

I disagree, Hunt defensively imo is very steady, but going forward is a bit more suspect. As cover to Dummigan who would get forward I think Hunt would be perfect. Hamer is still very inexperienced and should be used as back up still.

35 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

11 league goals. Not many strikers have hit that over the years. 

How many after he spit his dummy out ? Admittedly he had a purple patch early in the season including putting a couple of rebounds from poorly taken penalties but in my eyes if someone can't be bothered putting the effort in for my team, for whatever reason, I can't be bothered supporting them. 

17 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

How many after he spit his dummy out ? Admittedly he had a purple patch early in the season including putting a couple of rebounds from poorly taken penalties but in my eyes if someone can't be bothered putting the effort in for my team, for whatever reason, I can't be bothered supporting them. 

Man management. 

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

How is it standard? The lad played in 40 of our 46 league games last season ....

However in how many of those 40 could you say he was a team player and was he really trying ? After his spat with AL in January he didn’t seem to want to play. Spat his dummy out because he could not force a move.

Edited by Smiler13

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

However in how many of those 40 could you say he was a team player and was he really trying ? After his spat with AL in January he didn’t seem to want to play. Spat his dummy out because he could not force a move.

What's that got to do with anything. The point I made was in relation to someone calling him being injured as 'standard' I was merely pointing the FACT out that he played in 40 of our 46 league games. For the remaining six I can't be bothered to check if he was dropped/an unused sub. So he could have actually been available for more. I was claiming he was superb or a key player, I was stating he's hardly ever been out injured throughout his career, never mind to a point were someone can claim it's 'standard'

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

What's that got to do with anything. The point I made was in relation to someone calling him being injured as 'standard' I was merely pointing the FACT out that he played in 40 of our 46 league games. For the remaining six I can't be bothered to check if he was dropped/an unused sub. So he could have actually been available for more. I was claiming he was superb or a key player, I was stating he's hardly ever been out injured throughout his career, never mind to a point were someone can claim it's 'standard'

He might have scored 11 but two where lucky rebounds off badly taken penalties and a lot of the others where Lucky miss hit shots or tap ins from Doyle’s set up passes. He’s an average striker at best. 

10 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

He might have scored 11 but two where lucky rebounds off badly taken penalties and a lot of the others where Lucky miss hit shots or tap ins from Doyle’s set up passes. He’s an average striker at best. 

Still failing to see how your point is linked to my point. I'm stating he's fit, played and was available to play in at least 40 of the 46 possible league matches ....