Mansfield (a)

17 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think if you take the last 2 draws in context they don't seem too bad. Mind you taking things in context is nigh on impossible for some on here. 

What context? The context that they've seen us fall away from the top 3 or different context? 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

What context? The context that they've seen us fall away from the top 3 or different context? 

I think it's fair to say they were better single points for us than our opponents. Both Swindon and Mansfield would have gone ahead of us if they'd won.

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Or the context that Mansfield are 15/8 for promotion, Swindon 8/1 and Oldham 9/1.

Agree, these were possibly 2 of our harder games this season and have to see some positives in not losing either

On 10/2/2018 at 10:47 PM, oldhamoafc said:

That was absolutely shambolic from the management. I can’t take anything away from the players, they are doing ok for what they are being dealt... apart from Gardner... he’s a fraud.

May as well not play with any midfielders at all, especially away. 

Thought Iverson, Clarke, edmundson, hunt and Missilou were outstanding. Gardner and the forwards were embarrassing. Long ball after long ball which comes straight back at us and we are under constant pressure. We only ever create anything once Baxter comes on... START HIM. O Grady is painful to watch sometimes but he’s alright with Surridge next to him,  not another big lump like miller. Taylor struggled but he always does when Nepo isn’t in front of him. 

When surridge isn’t fit, he must start Lang up front with o Grady and he must find a shape to play Baxter in too. 

Its alright saying we don’t concede and we are unbeaten away but we don’t even try and win a game, we were time wasting from the 20th minute tonight... if we actually attacked then we would be a lot higher than 8th cause this league is absolute shocking. And we aren’t exactly tearing it up at home.

Team selection and tactics are a huge problem and he’s in danger of things turning sour very quickly.

Dont even lie and say you try and win games either... cause you don’t.

Only part I disagree on is Gardner but this is spot on otherwise.

This league is fucking atrocious, we should be going all out to win every game.

Give me a win at Swindon and a loss at mansfield anyday meaning 3 points rather than 2, over 2 boring draws where we are CLEARLY playing NOT to lose rather than playing to win. 

Go for the fucking win! I’ve stook up for COG and Bunn but christ this league is terrible have a go!!!!

17 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Easily. FGR looked very good too but Mansfield shade it

I sometimes think I'm having a nightmare when..... I ponder the thought that Mansfield Town were light years better than us at actual football...... while looking forward to a 20 year old loanee from Bournemouth to return to our starting 11 to make us more competitive. :sick01:

Fookin kill me!  

Edited by lookersstandandy

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I sometimes think I'm having a nightmare when..... I ponder the thought that Mansfield Town were light years better than us at actual football...... while looking forward to a 20 year old loanee from Bournemouth to return to our starting 11 to make us more competitive. :sick01:

Fookin kill me!  

Blame Corney, most people do !

The sole reason for everything that is rank,wonder how many years it will be before another pantomime villain can be found.