Mansfield (a)

2 hours ago, youngen said:

I disagree, Hunt defensively imo is very steady, but going forward is a bit more suspect. As cover to Dummigan who would get forward I think Hunt would be perfect. Hamer is still very inexperienced and should be used as back up still.

Fair enough. So we'd compensate for his inability/ lack of height in the air with the safety of the 2 other centre halves alongside him?

It's irrelevant anyway as Frankie won't play 3-5-2.

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Still failing to see how your point is linked to my point. I'm stating he's fit, played and was available to play in at least 40 of the 46 possible league matches ....

Maybe he was fit physically but was he mentally fit???? You fail to get my point. After January his mind was else where.

Edited by Smiler13

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He was responding to a post about Davies being injured as standard. Nothing to do with his mentality.

What ever. To me if your mind is not on your job it can be just as bad as any physical injury. Anyway he’s just an average striker with mercenary tendenses.

4 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

What pub are people heading to?

I am not going  but if I was would have gone for  Railway Inn 9 Station St, Mansfield NG18 1EF  some recent reviews  shown below        Great food and great selection of beers ales and cider friendly staff and clientele would definitely recommend if you are visiting or live in Mansfield

Daniel Barsby
4 weeks ago
Loverly food, staff and atmosphere. Large enclosed beer garden. A little small inside and doesn't accept card.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Its not “shite” is it?

What would you do different other than the two obvious ones. 

The two obvious ones is enough...

But he’s got two absolute cart horses up top who will be lucky to get 5 between them all season... two players playing out wide where one is a right back and one is a forward. 

The most creative and talented player on the bench. Along with the two most natural wide players... one who was bang in form a few weeks ago...

5 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

But he’s got two absolute cart horses up top who will be lucky to get 5 between them all season... two players playing out wide where one is a right back and one is a forward. 

The most creative and talented player on the bench. Along with the two most natural wide players... one who was bang in form a few weeks ago...

Our main striker is injured. 

Baxter seemingly cant last a game. 

I’d have Nepo on 100%

5 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Fully expecting us to win now and this to come make me look stupid....

Just now, kowenicki said:

Our main striker is injured. 

Baxter seemingly cant last a game. 

I’d have Nepo on 100%

Doesn’t mean we have to play two cloggers... we have Lang, Baxter and benteke. Rather start him and go for it from the off instead of the last 20 mins. 

11 hours ago, disjointed said:

I'm sorry, but for the life of me there is no way that Frankie didn't attempt to win the game on Saturday. 

Yarddog doesn’t need me to defend him but he is right about the Swindon game and you are wrong. We set up for a boring 0-0 and that’s what we got. We had two shots on target - two - in the entire game. It was boring beyond belief against a distinctly average Swindon side.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yarddog doesn’t need me to defend him but he is right about the Swindon game and you are wrong. We set up for a boring 0-0 and that’s what we got. We had two shots on target - two - in the entire game. It was boring beyond belief against a distinctly average Swindon side.

I'm sorry but the way it was put it was as if Bunn had said "right lads before we go out I don't want you to try and win this game"