Carlisle United (H)

So one of, if not the biggest home game of the season is just days away. The return of Lord John and Ant Gerrard.

Lord John some could say kept this could in existence, if he hadn't kept us up in successive years a couple of years ago from absolutely nowhere, I honestly feel we wouldn't have a Football League club to support today. The situation the club was in, I don't think we would have responded well and could well have been in the same division as Stockport County. So thanks Lord John. 

Does anyone know what time the away coach usually arrives at BP, need to get a recent photo with the man himself. 

Shez will be fired up for this and so to will be Ant Gerrard, fired up doesn't mean three points.Lot's of their fans saying Gerrard has been a good acquisition for them. 

Think this will be a very tough game. Shocked it's four years since we last played in them in the league. 

Our recent record against them is a funny one, I'd side on it them being a bit of a bogey side for us but nowhere near in the league Colchester were. Then again we don't have anywhere near as good a record against them as we did against Swindon. 

Hopefully we finally start Baxter at home so that he can start to unlock their defence before we are a goal behind. Hopefully SCLS are back in action together as well.

With a tough trip to Nottingham lurking next week, this is a huge game in our season for me.

I fancy a 2-1 win and then we can sing JS off the pitch. 

CP7744842.jpg

20 minutes ago, rosa said:

I'm looking forward to Gerrard getting done for pace by Miller. The fat wool.

I know lots of you aren't exactly fully paid up members of the Gerrard fan club but don't get too giddy, Ishy is hardly the new Bolt :D

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

So one of, if not the biggest home game of the season is just days away. The return of Lord John and Ant Gerrard.

Lord John some could say kept this could in existence, if he hadn't kept us up in successive years a couple of years ago from absolutely nowhere, I honestly feel we wouldn't have a Football League club to support today. The situation the club was in, I don't think we would have responded well and could well have been in the same division as Stockport County. So thanks Lord John. 

Does anyone know what time the away coach usually arrives at BP, need to get a recent photo with the man himself. 

Shez will be fired up for this and so to will be Ant Gerrard, fired up doesn't mean three points.Lot's of their fans saying Gerrard has been a good acquisition for them. 

Think this will be a very tough game. Shocked it's four years since we last played in them in the league. 

Our recent record against them is a funny one, I'd side on it them being a bit of a bogey side for us but nowhere near in the league Colchester were. Then again we don't have anywhere near as good a record against them as we did against Swindon. 

Hopefully we finally start Baxter at home so that he can start to unlock their defence before we are a goal behind. Hopefully SCLS are back in action together as well.

With a tough trip to Nottingham lurking next week, this is a huge game in our season for me.

I fancy a 2-1 win and then we can sing JS off the pitch. 

CP7744842.jpg

Might be a big game for you but for me it’s just another game  Sheridan will always  have a special place in Oldham fans hearts  but Gerrard  no way  and as for singing to J S  I will give it a miss thanks

To be fair... im not discounting gerrard being a massive c*** but let’s not ignore the fact he’s a good defender for this level... 

Will be a tough game especially with lord shez being back. 

Hooefully we go more attacking and try and win the game!

Keeper/defence is perfectly fine but our front six players offer nothing as an attacking force, we ended up tonight without any recognisable wide men and as the season is progressing teams are quite easily sussing us out, when we have played with width the players are forever cutting inside because they are playing on the wrong flank, left footers on the right and visa versa, centre mid has now become non existent other than Missilou's graft and our attacking options are exactly how I feared pre season - not good enough.

There has to be a plan B if Surridge is unfit but sadly Bunn seems incapable of putting a team out to compete,  I hope we can win on Saturday because I fear we are now regressing and the decent start is going down the pan.

Edited by yarddog73

We have to change it up, especially as we are at home. Start the game with an attacking team... then take the half fit players off when/if winning.

Iverson

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Dummigan

Missilou

Baxter

Nepo

Ogrady

Surridge

Cant see Gardner being dropped though...

Surely we can beat these mugs?

Carlisle forum:

Sheridan spent his entire budget on Gerrard it seems, initially he was a great Holdsworth signing but now it seems he is a poor Sheridan one :)

and

Thinks JS will be gone afore January, we are in deep deep trouble, wasnt there tonight, no ifollow, listened to radio, over 60 yrs going to watch my team, and rarely missed a game, stopped going last season, nowt to get me going back, seems lots feel same after tonights attendance.

and

Sheridan’s beginners luck definetly over.

3 home defeats in a row without scoring the very thing, the very knowledgeable pickers of Atkinson, Holdsworth, Clibbens and AJ didn’t want.

We’re not very good.

Edited by kowenicki

Big fan of Frankie but his post match interviews are getting repetitive. Yes we got another clean sheet but we were extremely fortunate, Mansfield murdered us and should have been comfortably out of sight by half time.

He’s been very lenient with the players so far and never singles them out when either good or bad but that was utter dross tonight and he should have said as much.

We have had a fair start to the season points wise but I’ve yet to see a decent performance. Hoping for an improvement in entertainment but not holding my breath!

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Big fan of Frankie but his post match interviews are getting repetitive. Yes we got another clean sheet but we were extremely fortunate, Mansfield murdered us and should have been comfortably out of sight by half time.

He’s been very lenient with the players so far and never singles them out when either good or bad but that was utter dross tonight and he should have said as much.

We have had a fair start to the season points wise but I’ve yet to see a decent performance. Hoping for an improvement in entertainment but not holding my breath!

He might be doing that behind the scenes.... as a good manager would.  

My first 9 would be:

Iverson

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Dummigan

Missilou

Gardner

Nepomuceno

After that I'd want Baxter and Surridge as a front two, but if Surridge can't play I'd go for O'Grady and Lang.  I can see the use of O'Grady up front with one of the younger quicker strikers but not with Baxter in behind.  I'd genuinely see Miller having some use in certain games this year, but O'Grady does more for the team than he does.

10 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

We have to change it up, especially as we are at home. Start the game with an attacking team... then take the half fit players off when/if winning.

I too would like to see this but, he isn't going to change a style/system he's clearly been working & working on and nor should he (as much as I'd like him to). 

He'll largely stick with it and rightly so.

I think Baxter may start but that'll be the only change with the rest of the side set up to remain as solid as they have been. 

And Surridge of course if fit 

Edited by HarryBosch