Carlisle United (H)

5 minutes ago, archiecat said:

If as somebody claimed on the Mansfield thread,the management team are being careful with Baxter due to a hip problem.

Could they not look after him in the second half once he has played 50-60 mins and either scored or help create a comfy 2 goal cushion instead of coming on to play catch up :chubb: 

Or play him in one game. And leave him out of the next squad to rest. 

Instead of picking him every week to travel and sit on a bench. 

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That doesn't really solve the problem I highlighted about running in behind the defence O'grady isn't going to run onto any through balls from Baxter.

Absolutely, no coincidence that they haven't played as a pair since Morecambe (maybe they did against Crawley, can't remember)

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

That doesn't really solve the problem I highlighted about running in behind the defence O'grady isn't going to run onto any through balls from Baxter.

Nobody's running onto any through balls from anybody lately. Might aswell have someone upfront who can create his own goals or pounce on one of O'Grady's skewith knock downs...

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Nobody's running onto any through balls from anybody lately. Might aswell have someone upfront who can create his own goals or pounce on one of O'Grady's skewith knock downs...

That's not strictly true...….every time Gardner went for a through ball, Mansfield's players ran on to them perfectly.

7 hours ago, rossy52 said:

My local Costcutter manager is a season ticket holder for Morecambe and in his view Lang is a striker full stop , never a winger , so if Surridge unfit play Lang next to ( select your own big lump!) and have Dummigan/Nepomucheno on the wing  and (as everyone is saying run ) at Carlisle with some pace

Everyone on this board can see this. Why can't FB!

Why don't the press ask him why he played the two lumps up top who can't hold up the ball and have no ball control whatsoever.

24 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Why don't the press ask him why he played the two lumps up top who can't hold up the ball and have no ball control whatsoever.

I keep reading this or similar - why are you expecting some local journo whose livelihood depends hugely on a good relationship with OAFC and all who work/play there to grandstand in the manner that many of the national tabloid maggots do with Mourinho and his ilk? 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'd rather play with false teeth than those two.

It’s baffling isn’t it? 

Sometimes you look at a managers choice, an although you might not agree you can see the logic. 

Bunn obviously knows his football, but i can’t for the life me figure out how he came to decide that they are the pairing when Surridge isn’t fit. 

At Swindon last Saturday I don’t recall COG getting off the ground once, certainly don’t remember him winning any balls in the air. It was as if he had weights round his ankles.

Anyone who went to both that game and Mansfield deserves a medal. Devotion above and beyond the call of duty. 

Edited by Worcester Owl

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Gutted to be missing this and the next few due to having surgery, if anyone from around Fleetwood area can make use of my season ticket and an under 18’s give me a shout

Hope everything goes smoothly for you friend and you are soon 100%.

You won't miss much :chubb:

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

It’s baffling isn’t it? 

Sometimes you look at a managers choice, an although you might not agree you can see the logic. 

Bunn obviously knows his football, but i can’t for the life me figure out how he came to decide that they are the pairing when Surridge isn’t fit. 

I can't even see it helps us much defensively. COG tracks back well but that pair aren't going to keep their defence honest, the full backs will be happy to step into midfield and outnumber us there.

It is a cruel thought that Bunn has being playing the best we have got.  No doubt COG will start unless injured (Byrne could have been useful in training here).  Looks like a win to me so that John can boost his retirement fund, rest over Christmas and rescue someone come February.

32 minutes ago, Hands on said:

It is a cruel thought that Bunn has being playing the best we have got.  No doubt COG will start unless injured (Byrne could have been useful in training here).  Looks like a win to me so that John can boost his retirement fund, rest over Christmas and rescue someone come February.

That’s just not true. 

COG and Lang.

Miller and Lang.

COG and Benteke 

Miller and Benteke.

Lang and Benteke. 

COG with Baxter off him

Miller with Baxter off Him. 

They might not be perfect combinations, but Bunn isn’t playing the best we’ve got.  The only obvious one you defintley wouldn’t play- is the one he used in the last game. . ??‍♂️

I would take Miller all day long and stop playing hoofball to the strikers!!

They are both poor,  but you’re much more likely to get a self engineered goal from Miller.

O’Grady is apparently at peak fitness yet has the turning circle of the Titanic, in his defence, Miller has been out of the game for a year or so and should improve further.