Wages surely not again ?

If true, what the fuck is AL playing at?!

Bunn might be going cautious to the extreme with his tactics but he has clearly settled the dressing room down in the 1st quarter of the season and has got the team working well together.  Not paying the wages will unsettle everyone again and undo all the good work.

Ridiculous and the parallels to Orient are re-emerging.

16 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

We will probably pay the wages with the Carlisle gate receipts, if that covers it... Abdullah will then rename another stand or put in a new urinal in an attempt to appease the fans. Wonder if this explains why we always capitulate around Chrimbo. Two words.. Shambolic Travesty. 

The Carlisle gate receipts will hardly cover the stewarding costs, that is if any of those turn up on a volunteer basis.

21 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

We will probably pay the wages with the Carlisle gate receipts, if that covers it...

We’ve been here before with Corney, robbing Peter to pay Paul. It’s very concerning considering our wage bill must have been slashed dramatically since last season. If AL doesn’t have a pot to piss in then why did he buy the club? Sheer madness.

• Like 1

How, in the space of half a year, have we gone from having Eoin Doyle, Jack Byrne and Queensy Menig on the books to struggling to pay a 60 year old Ishmael Miller and a few kids?

Abdallah clearly spunked all his cash in the first few months, it’s very bizarre. 

The keep it in house lads are seething, no doubt.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

How, in the space of half a year, have we gone from having Eoin Doyle, Jack Byrne and Queensy Menig on the books to struggling to pay a 60 year old Ishmael Miller and a few kids?

Abdallah clearly spunked all his cash in the first few months, it’s very bizarre. 

The keep it in house lads are seething, no doubt.

Not for one minute trying to defend the owner, but wasn’t the scale of our debts far worse than he thought and he’s spent his money on that?

So I think you’re right, he’s already spunked his cash.

You don’t have a legal team carry out due diligence for nigh on 6 months only to find out after the sale has gone through that there were ‘hidden debts’ at the club.

If AL has run out of money already then you have to ask some serious questions regarding his motives in the first place and more importantly his sanity!!!

10 hours ago, underdog said:

Sorry folks I have a lot of work stuff ongoing and have taken a step back from most stuff like posting on here.

Trust have just released a statement

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/non-payment-wages

Thanks

As much as I respect the work you and the Trust do, this statement pretty much sums up the its weight. 

They/we know fuck all other than what comes from the top. Abdullah obviously won a few over with the talk but it was all based on what he wanted you to hear. 

Nice to acknowledge the fact that the latest charade had been identified but, other than that, there's nothing that can be done other than to hope for the best.

Oldham Athletic has been a farce for years and it's genuinely depressing.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I thought you couldn’t have an interest in more than one club at a time??

I don't think Adam Pearson has a more than 10% interest in any club (the cut-off). 

I'm not sure Adam Pearson has more money than AL, however what he does have is a decent amount of money and a recognised ability to adequately run a football club. That may be exactly what we need. 

• Like 1

I give up.

Fucking pissed off with the whole thing.  Actually, I'm more bored of the whole thing.

I'll just support the team and ignore the rest.  Its clear the fans and more worryingly the TRUST have ZERO INFLUENCE and ZERO CLUE what is going on.

The football league are a fucking joke too.  What exactly is fit and proper and why doesn't it include some kind of bond deposit with them.

If we lose Saturday I fear everything will unravel rather quickly and get quite ugly.  We badly need to win.

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I give up.

Fucking pissed off with the whole thing.  Actually, I'm more bored of the whole thing.

I'll just support the team and ignore the rest.  Its clear the fans and more worryingly the TRUST have ZERO INFLUENCE and ZERO CLUE what is going on.

The football league are a fucking joke too.  What exactly is fit and proper and why doesn't it include some kind of bond deposit with them.

If we lose Saturday I fear everything will unravel rather quickly and get quite ugly.  We badly need to win.

I am pretty sure that i recall the Trust stating that :clown: had to stump up a bond due to all the missed payments from Corney's tenure .

Suppose it is early days yet and as per usual, no acknowledgement from any official source of the non payment of wages.

We can await some bullshit excuse but i agree that it's better to worry more about how many times Miller will fall over his boot laces tomorrow :chubb: