Wages surely not again ?

22 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I am pretty sure that i recall the Trust stating that :clown: had to stump up a bond due to all the missed payments from Corney's tenure .

Suppose it is early days yet and as per usual, no acknowledgement from any official source of the non payment of wages.

We can await some bullshit excuse but i agree that it's better to worry more about how many times Miller will fall over his boot laces tomorrow :chubb:

Worry about it if you want.  Wont change a single thing.

Is AL in the country and has anyone actually seen him lately? 

If he's around, surely he wouldnt show his face tomorrow if the payment issue wasn't sorted? He'd look a compete dick and our fans would crucify him. 

If he's not there then I think we are up the shitcreek, and I really fear for our future... ? 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Here's hoping.

It wont change anything behind the scenes though will it.  Trust is crucial.  if trust has been broken once again after a run of good news then its broken for good probably.  Trust is hard to repair. 

Watch the match.  COYB. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It wont change anything behind the scenes though will it.  Trust is crucial.  if trust has been broken once again after a run of good news then its broken for good probably.  Trust is hard to repair. 

Watch the match.  COYB. 

Trust for all its work is impotent. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I give up.

Fucking pissed off with the whole thing.  Actually, I'm more bored of the whole thing.

I'll just support the team and ignore the rest.  Its clear the fans and more worryingly the TRUST have ZERO INFLUENCE and ZERO CLUE what is going on.

The football league are a fucking joke too.  What exactly is fit and proper and why doesn't it include some kind of bond deposit with them.

If we lose Saturday I fear everything will unravel rather quickly and get quite ugly.  We badly need to win.

If only we had a local journalist who despite not furthering his career and facing derision and personal abuse from a lot of the fan base could have highlighted these problems pre season.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Trust for all its work is impotent. 

The Trust isn't the villain here, they can only do as much as they can. What do you want them to do about the owner not paying wages? The Trust don't pay the wages. They can keep an eye on things and raise funds for a warchest if things go tits up.

There's a big worry that AL doesn't have much money left if he can't make sure players wages are paid on time. That's where the focus needs to be.

10 minutes ago, Horlicks said:

If only we had a local journalist who despite not furthering his career and facing derision and personal abuse from a lot of the fan base could have highlighted these problems pre season.

If only....   

Genuine question for the Trust (will add it to the trust sub-forum too if needed).

Does AL actually realise that paying wages on time is a big deal? 

I know in some countries (Spain being a good example) that it has been commonplace in the past for teams to receive their wages late, without punishment from the league.

If he isn't paying them through choice then we're never going to shake off the badly run club tag and our long term prospects won't get any better.  If he isn't able to pay them then I really worry for us in the short term and question what plan he had for the club when he came in.

I don't like the fact that we've had so many winding up orders against the club but to a certain point it isn't in AL's hands when they get brought up so I have a small degree of sympathy towards him.  Late payment of wages should be well within his control though and this mess really shouldn't keep happening.

This is where the openness is crucial via a statement / interview.

Clearly state on record the following -

1. Funds are available and will be ring-fenced to not only pay wages on time but remain on time for the remainder of this season

2. Budget - yes we’ve cut our cloth but will FB be supported financially in January to strengthen further & is the target promotion?

3. Will we be safeguarding Surridge beyond January 31st?

4. May 2019 and beyond - what are ALs plans; buy the stadium back, develop commercial areas, secure additional investment or sell the club if he cannot singlehandedly fund the club himself  

Appreciate Point 4 probably won’t be answered but I’m hoping this is what the Trust is asking at each and every meeting.  Perception is AL has no money, gambled whatever funds he had on staying in League 1, that’s backfired and now we’re skint and cannot compete in League 2!

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

4. May 2019 and beyond - what are ALs plans; buy the stadium back, develop commercial areas

I can answer this. No plans.

If he's struggling to pay wages on time then he's not going to invest capital (that he may/may not be able to get hold of) into infrastructure.

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

This is where the openness is crucial via a statement / interview.

Clearly state on record the following -

1. Funds are available and will be ring-fenced to not only pay wages on time but remain on time for the remainder of this season

2. Budget - yes we’ve cut our cloth but will FB be supported financially in January to strengthen further & is the target promotion?

3. Will we be safeguarding Surridge beyond January 31st?

4. May 2019 and beyond - what are ALs plans; buy the stadium back, develop commercial areas, secure additional investment or sell the club if he cannot singlehandedly fund the club himself  

Appreciate Point 4 probably won’t be answered but I’m hoping this is what the Trust is asking at each and every meeting.  Perception is AL has no money, gambled whatever funds he had on staying in League 1, that’s backfired and now we’re skint and cannot compete in League 2!

Points 1 and 2 won't be addressed let alone 4.

Surridge will be here for the season.

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

The Trust isn't the villain here, they can only do as much as they can. What do you want them to do about the owner not paying wages? The Trust don't pay the wages. They can keep an eye on things and raise funds for a warchest if things go tits up.

There's a big worry that AL doesn't have much money left if he can't make sure players wages are paid on time. That's where the focus needs to be.

Fully appreciate that and it's not a swipe at The Trust, it's just the reality of the situation.

If AL pulled the plug tomorrow the situation doesn't even worth thinking about and unfortunately all The Trust could do is sit back and watch it happen.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Fully appreciate that and it's not a swipe at The Trust, it's just the reality of the situation.

If AL pulled the plug tomorrow the situation doesn't even worth thinking about and unfortunately all The Trust could do is sit back and watch it happen.

The Trust was set up, and should always have been about building a war chest for when the shit hits the fan. This seemed to be abandoned as soon as TTA arrived. So yes, they will have to sit back and watch it happen, as will we all, if it happens this time. 

38 minutes ago, maddog said:

The Trust was set up, and should always have been about building a war chest for when the shit hits the fan. This seemed to be abandoned as soon as TTA arrived. So yes, they will have to sit back and watch it happen, as will we all, if it happens this time. 

Lets hope the Adam Pearson rumour is true. We deserve an end to this rubbish.