Wages surely not again ?

56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No. I don’t. 

People can’t make a point without insulting people they don’t know. It’s annoying. 

They then miss the complete irony, in coming on a forum and calling poeople dickheads without realising how that makes them look themselves. 

He says people claiming they are in the know. Where? Who’s said that? The only person we all acknowledge has any credibility being in the know is Sinnot. 

So he’s talking nonsense.

He then claims people want to be proved right about how shit things are. 

Yes. People want us to be shit. Ok. 

Or is it just fans discussing concerns about the club with other fans a forum.

This month has been paid. Good. However justifiable concerns remain. 

Onto to Saturday. 

DEyres with his 'connections' at the PFA. Which were shown as complete bull as the players were paid.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Dear me. 

Dickheads- really? 

The same can be said of ‘dick heads’ who think all is rosy because we paid the wages on time. 

There is nothing ‘in the know’ about it. The owner himself said there is issues with wages. This month there isn’t. Great. Hope it continues. But let’s not start playing with ourselves because we’ve managed to do a very basic thing. 

Dickheads  strikes me as a very restrained term for those who post stuff that they claim to be fact (or is that FACT, I'm never sure) which is just rumour spreading/mongering

12 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

DEyres with his 'connections' at the PFA. Which were shown as complete bull as the players were paid.

PFA have been involved with wages on a number of occasions in recent times and have been applying pressure.

And let's not forget you and your fellow trustees declaring all was well in the summer. But still resigned anyway...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

PFA have been involved with wages on a number of occasions in recent times and have been applying pressure.

And let's not forget you and your fellow trustees declaring all was well in the summer. But still resigned anyway...

I’m not sure what has been said. But I can confirm this is true and has happened last season. This year I am unsure. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I resigned because I was scared of Gerrard coming looking for me didn't I?

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm sure they have, I would expect them to. You were the one saying that your connection said they were getting involved again. Nice deflection though.

And don't make out that we said all was well. We said we were happy to a point but were still wary.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

No. I don’t. 

People can’t make a point without insulting people they don’t know. It’s annoying. 

They then miss the complete irony, in coming on a forum and calling poeople dickheads without realising how that makes them look themselves. 

He says people claiming they are in the know. Where? Who’s said that? The only person we all acknowledge has any credibility being in the know is Sinnot. 

So he’s talking nonsense.

He then claims people want to be proved right about how shit things are. 

Yes. People want us to be shit. Ok. 

Or is it just fans discussing concerns about the club with other fans a forum.

This month has been paid. Good. However justifiable concerns remain. 

Onto to Saturday. 

After taking time to consider your reply to my earlier post. The fact you for some reason seem to have taken it personally & as pointed out seem to have missed the point...

I stand by my original post!  Have a nice day! ?

4 hours ago, palmer1 said:

It never surprises me how many 'ITK' Oldham fans actually know fuck all!

It happens every other month so they guess and so they can seem important when it comes true. Im sure the same dick heads will be doing the same for the next 2 months

It surprises me how wound up some Oldham fans get about it.

Some of it's made up bollocks, some of it's well intentioned passing on of what's been heard (and facts can change), some of it ends up bang on the money.

It's the same with NIXON! - he reports what he's been told, mainly with regards to transfers. Some of the deals get done, some don't...

Then someone sat in front of a laptop somewhere in Oldham gets all self satisfied and smug about it or angrily & embarrassingly calls him "anti-Oldham!" if a deal that was on the verge of going tits up suddenly comes to fruition after all...

Take it, leave it, find it funny - don't let it use up so much emotional energy ffs.... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'm sure they have, I would expect them to. You were the one saying that your connection said they were getting involved again. Nice deflection though.

And don't make out that we said all was well. We said we were happy to a point but were still wary.

It is what I was told, if it was duff info (although I've no reason to think it was) then so be it, no skin off my nose.

Part of the reason I come on here is to read the rumours innuendo amd conjecture. So if someone hears something by all means post it. Granted if it keeps proving to be bollocks your going to look abit foolish

It never surprises me how people get angry to find a messageboard is often full of this sort of thing.

Edited by GlossopLatic

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Dear me. 

Dickheads- really? 

The same can be said of ‘dick heads’ who think all is rosy because we paid the wages on time. 

There is nothing ‘in the know’ about it. The owner himself said there is issues with wages. This month there isn’t. Great. Hope it continues. But let’s not start playing with ourselves because we’ve managed to do a very basic thing. 

Who the f**k thinks "all is rosy" because wages are paid on time?
It's better than not being paid on time.

"We" haven't paid the wages, the club has.

29 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Who the f**k thinks "all is rosy" because wages are paid on time?
It's better than not being paid on time.

"We" haven't paid the wages, the club has.

Thanks for clarifying the wages situation. . 

Of course it’s better there paid. Who’s arguing it isn’t?

Equally though it’s not a cause for optisim that the wages have been paid. It’s a basic requirement, that this month we’ve met. (Sorry the club has) ?

Let’s hope it continues for a lot longer. 

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Equally though it’s not a cause for optisim that the wages have been paid. It’s a basic requirement, that this month we’ve met. (Sorry the club has) ?

So you wouldn’t be more optimistic if the wages are paid on time for the next 12 months?  I would.  Yes it is a basic requirement, but it hasnt been the norm at Latics. So it would be an improvement and a cause for optimism. 

39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So you wouldn’t be more optimistic if the wages are paid on time for the next 12 months?  I would.  Yes it is a basic requirement, but it hasnt been the norm at Latics. So it would be an improvement and a cause for optimism. 

Of course. I totally agree. 

Thats exactly my point. 

If and when we can pay wages on time for 12 months, that’s when I’ll start to think we’re on the right track. In addition, we all know that when it’s going well behind the scenes it often reflects on the pitch- which is what we all want. 

Right so on Wednesday evening Deyres says that his source (at the PFA) tells him the players haven’t been paid and may not get paid for a couple of weeks. Wednesday being the last day in the month, the latest anyone who is paid monthly expects to be paid (most people are paid before then). 

Given that the PFA have been involved due to non-payment of wages and Peter Clarke is on the PFA players’ committee, that someone at the PFA knows that the players haven’t been paid when they should have been, despite technically it not being late at that point, is not a surprise.

On Thursday evening, it becomes known that the players have been paid. This doesn’t make what Deyres said less accurate, it is what he was told at the time. Maybe on Thursday the club got some money from one of the many sources available at this time of year (prizemoney, gate receipts, TV), so could afford to pay the players.

Personally as someone who no longer has a source for any of the gossip at the club I’m glad that we have someone who knows someone in a different organisation to provide some of the gossip. If all we had was someone who spends their time in the local gym, who let’s not forget used to make stuff up on a regular basis on here, then it would be pretty dull and we wouldn’t have half the info we do.

What worries me is if the PFA are getting involved then the Trust should know more than they appear to do. I fully appreciate that the Trust are volunteers, and most of them work other jobs, I’d hazard a guess that the Trust member on the club’s board is retired though (although that doesn’t stop her having other work commitments). But perhaps it is time for the Trust to look at their processes and aim to have more sources and be more proactive. As a member of the club’s board, but as someone who is independent from the financial aspect of the running of the club, perhaps the Trust should look to have more of a non-executive role, akin to how public sector organisations have lay/non-executive members and governors at board level. 

Whatever the solution is, to be sniping at people for posting something in good faith that turns out to be wrong 24 hours later is not productive.

Edited by rudemedic

19 hours ago, League one forever said:

I'll take my optimism on a week-to-week basis at the moment. :D
I agree with you, though...let's hope it does continue.

16 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Personally as someone who no longer has a source for any of the gossip at the club I’m glad that we have someone who knows someone in a different organisation to provide some of the gossip. If all we had was someone who spends their time in the local gym, who let’s not forget used to make stuff up on a regular basis on here, then it would be pretty dull and we wouldn’t have half the info we do.

Whatever the solution is, to be sniping at people for posting something in good faith that turns out to be wrong 24 hours later is not productive.

Not my experience of the person alluded to.

I draw your attention to your latter clause.

29 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Not my experience of the person alluded to.

I draw your attention to your latter clause.

You’ve not been on here as much as me. I’m fairly certain Sinnott even got banned under an old alias. 

He is often right these days but that doesn’t mean he didn’t used to make stuff up.

• Like 1