Where does it end. . ?

Just when you think we’ve turned a corner. . . We haven’t. 

How many corners can we appear to turn before we reach a dead end? 

Like all you I’m desperate for us to do prosper, but I’ve got a real horrible feeling about the short to medium future. 

Where are going. .

orient/tranmere

stockport 

or worse. . 

I think its genuinley scary to think of what the club will look like going forward. ?

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

Just when you think we’ve turned a corner. . . We haven’t. 

How many corners can we appear to turn before we reach a dead end? 

Like all you I’m desperate for us to do prosper, but I’ve got a real horrible feeling about the short to medium future. 

Where are going. .

orient/tranmere

stockport 

or worse. . 

I think its genuinley scary to think of what the club will look like going forward. ?

Why don't you just concentrate on supporting the club on match days instead of going through angst-ridden torment over something which you have no control? Honestly, if the club goes to the wall, then we will have to find something else to do or support. Hopefully it won't come to that and, as fans, we would be willing to do our bit, if and when called upon. Until then we should do what we can and support the team by getting behind them against Carlisle.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Why don't you just concentrate on supporting the club on match days instead of going through angst-ridden torment over something which you have no control? Honestly, if the club goes to the wall, then we will have to find something else to do or support. Hopefully it won't come to that and, as fans, we would be willing to do our bit, if and when called upon. Until then we should do what we can and support the team by getting behind them against Carlisle.

Who will do the calling?

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

If AL bails It’s curtains, no saleable assets no land, no ground it’s scary! Let’s hope there is a desperate sap looking to forfill a life long dream of owning a club... sorry squad of players.

There are other clubs who don’t own their own grounds etc, don’t stress too much about it. It’s not ideal but it’s not the end of the world ??

26 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The Trust?? How the hell do I know?

Do you disagree with the sentiment of my post?

I think people can get behind the team and still be concerned and be taking action elsewhere.

But if you are asking people to wait to be called upon, it could be too late, so people should be free to do what they can now too. 

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Suppose u are right, Coventry are a good example.

Are you being sarcastic? 

Clubs where the local authority own the ground seemingly do a lot better than where the ground is privately owned by someone other than the club.

Technically we've been in the 2nd category a lot longer than 10 months too. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Are you being sarcastic? 

Clubs where the local authority own the ground seemingly do a lot better than where the ground is privately owned by someone other than the club.

Technically we've been in the 2nd category a lot longer than 10 months too. 

No I wasnt, I don’t know the ins and outs of other clubs. I am worried as the next man, I was answering Jorvic

54 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Angst ridden torment. . 

?

I care about the club, but you’ll be happy to know they rank very low on the important things in life. 

I came on a latics forum to discuss and gauge how others feel. That’s it.

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Angst ridden torment. . 

?

I care about the club, but you’ll be happy to know they rank very low on the important things in life. 

I came on a latics forum to discuss and gauge how others feel. That’s it.

It read like a gloomy, doom filled post, to me. :D

1 hour ago, singe said:

I think people can get behind the team and still be concerned and be taking action elsewhere.

But if you are asking people to wait to be called upon, it could be too late, so people should be free to do what they can now too. 

I agree with you and I'm hoping we would be called upon before it's too late. As you say though, who does the calling and who is taking action elsewhere? I still think it best to support the team vocally on a match day than get in the mire with other issues and possibly dissuade yourself from going.

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

There are other clubs who don’t own their own grounds etc, don’t stress too much about it. It’s not ideal but it’s not the end of the world ??

Huddersfield?  I think I saw something either on Football Focus or Sky last week saying that they don't own their ground.

8 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

Huddersfield?  I think I saw something either on Football Focus or Sky last week saying that they don't own their ground.

The only major stumbling block is out fan base, I said Coventry u said hudds. Probably both average at least double our attendance. 

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

I agree with you and I'm hoping we would be called upon before it's too late. As you say though, who does the calling and who is taking action elsewhere? I still think it best to support the team vocally on a match day than get in the mire with other issues and possibly dissuade yourself from going.

Your conflating the issue. 

Supporting the team, and wanting to win on a Saturday will never go away. They’ll always be a Oldham Athletic in some form to go and watch. 

Thats very different to being worried, saddened as to what level of football you will be watching. I can do absolutely nothing about it, but equally I don’t think it’s unreasonable to discuss our plight with people who get it. I can’t talk to the Mrs, because she couldn’t care less. ?

Edited by League one forever