FAN OWNED CLUBS...

7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

A bit but you’d have to fundraise with that aim very quickly, you can’t just save those kinds of amounts normally. Strip out a lot of the debts and you could get close to self sufficiency. You wouldn’t have world class players though. 

No but you also can’t just him off the players already on the books

On 10/6/2018 at 9:52 AM, kowenicki said:

4000 fans paying 20 per week for 52 weeks.  As I said, naive.  Have you seen the bitching that goes on about season ticket prices here... which actually work out at less than half this amount spread over a calendar year!

It wouldnt happen and its its not enough anyway. 

Our 4000 fans that can just about be arsed turning up every OTHER week during the season includes a hell of a lot of kids and pensioners.  

This thread is ludicrous. 

Do you know why ideas like this fail to gather momentum? It's because of thick-headed people like you. If it isn't to the way you see it, it is wrong, naive or ludicrous. A few have mentioned squabbles and factions and you'd be a figurehead for them, spouting your ignorance. Now, putting aside your lacklustre contribution, a few have welcomed the idea and I do too. 

Are we realistically going to become a supporter-owned club in the next decade? I very much doubt it, but that is not to say we cannot increase our influence. Even to have a 20-30% stake in the club would give the supporters a voice we believe has been hoarse for far too long. It would allow us access to every bit of detail and may have brought about the end of Simon Corney's era a few years before the club was sold to this pretender.

I'd like us to go another way and strive for some individualism; the game - both on and off field - has become bland and banal and I'd like us to have supporters involved with every aspect of the club and to encourage the wider town to get involved, from catering to advertising local businesses.

These things will never occur until a hardcore group is willing to start with the basics. Organise a raw committee - just to explore ideas - and go from there.

Just exclude Kowenicki from any involvement. That is my only factionalism. 

32 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Do you know why ideas like this fail to gather momentum? It's because of thick-headed people like you. If it isn't to the way you see it, it is wrong, naive or ludicrous. A few have mentioned squabbles and factions and you'd be a figurehead for them, spouting your ignorance. Now, putting aside your lacklustre contribution, a few have welcomed the idea and I do too. 

Are we realistically going to become a supporter-owned club in the next decade? I very much doubt it, but that is not to say we cannot increase our influence. Even to have a 20-30% stake in the club would give the supporters a voice we believe has been hoarse for far too long. It would allow us access to every bit of detail and may have brought about the end of Simon Corney's era a few years before the club was sold to this pretender.

I'd like us to go another way and strive for some individualism; the game - both on and off field - has become bland and banal and I'd like us to have supporters involved with every aspect of the club and to encourage the wider town to get involved, from catering to advertising local businesses.

These things will never occur until a hardcore group is willing to start with the basics. Organise a raw committee - just to explore ideas - and go from there.

The Trust have just joined Supporters direct who advise fans and clubs. This has been made to happen by great work done by Jorvik. They are keen to work with Trust Oldham as we have a unique set up with our club....a seat on the board. Most fans do not have this representation and they have adapted their membership in order for us to join. Simon Brooke made great strides to work with the EFL too.

we have several times tried to go "big" with boosting the war chest. Its been well documented how we were cut out of the deal of regular income with the perimeter boards and the fans bar last season ( although we will exhaust this to death...we have a seperate committee working on it.) Boost the war chest to increase shares.

We have had two events this season, launched a membership scheme as well but like other posters have said, the majority of fans just want to come and support the football side....other stuff is not of interest until deemed important to contribute like in 2004

The Trust will be rolling out more communications soon especially around fans perception of the Trust and what we can be doing more on.

Cheers

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

This is moving away from your original criticism of the Trust spending these magical sums of money. 

I honestly wasn’t having a go. It was a simple point, to run the club for 6 months. You have to have enough funds to sustain the club, that obviously includes paying the player we would have at said time. If your talking about running the club then yeah we wouldn’t have world class players.

19 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Thanks for the clarification Underdog.

The ownership of our club/ground/stand etc. is such a tangled web?

i concur.....its goes wayyyyy  over my head and needs explaining to me several times and I am sill none the wiser...luckily there are those that do

1 hour ago, UpTheLatics said:

Strong words. Go for it big man. I’ll watch with interest. 

Give us an update in the New Year. 

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

They could have done some serious fundraising if it was an option but people won’t contribute unless the shit is hitting the fan. 

This bit I don't get. We've had trust members on here after the event saying just how close we were to pushing the metaphorical button yet nothing mentioned till way after the event.

What would the trust do? Wait until something horrific had happened then say oops we best e.t the buckets out?

If things were that desperate under Corney and the trust knew about it they should have spoken out properly and said we desperately need the cash because we're very close to the edge.

I'm not sure why they're not pushing hard to raise funds now??? Seems like it's just as bad as under SC?

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

This bit I don't get. We've had trust members on here after the event saying just how close we were to pushing the metaphorical button yet nothing mentioned till way after the event.

What would the trust do? Wait until something horrific had happened then say oops we best e.t the buckets out?

If things were that desperate under Corney and the trust knew about it they should have spoken out properly and said we desperately need the cash because we're very close to the edge.

I'm not sure why they're not pushing hard to raise funds now??? Seems like it's just as bad as under SC?

If they raised funds under the premise of us being close to trouble, you know people would slag them off when the funds weren’t needed and label it as scaremongering. They need to raise funds organically and just need support and attendance when events are put on. And yes, get the buckets out if the shit does hit the fan. 

17 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

If they raised funds under the premise of us being close to trouble, you know people would slag them off when the funds weren’t needed and label it as scaremongering. They need to raise funds organically and just need support and attendance when events are put on. And yes, get the buckets out if the shit does hit the fan. 

Yes a few would slag them off but it depends whether the trust genuinely believed at the time it was necessary. 

I would like to know how worried they are now. 

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I also don't understand the inability to clarify whether wages have been paid. Do the trust have zero relationship with any players to find out if the chairman isn't forthcoming? If not would that not be a good idea?

I’m not sure any players would speak out, it looks like you get the chop if you don’t toe the line these days