Courtney Duffus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if he will be brought back? Or will we cancel his contract. 

10 in 23 isn't a bad return but at a low level, is there much difference between the 2 leagues I wonder. We resigned benteke  and don't use him but maybe there is room for another target man type especially if cog gets injured

He’s not been getting much of a game lately. Last scored at the start of June and then only played a full 90 minutes once since the end of June. Not sure why. But Waterfords result massively tailed off too. Would be highly ironic if they had to pay us money if he scored any more or played many more so have benched/dropped him!

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He’s not been getting much of a game lately. Last scored at the start of June and then only played a full 90 minutes once since the end of June. Not sure why. But Waterfords result massively tailed off too. Would be highly ironic if they had to pay us money if he scored any more or played many more so have benched/dropped him!

They signed Noel hunt. He’s been starting instead 

On 10/9/2018 at 7:43 AM, bluehobbit said:

Wonder if he will be brought back? Or will we cancel his contract. 

10 in 23 isn't a bad return but at a low level, is there much difference between the 2 leagues I wonder. We resigned benteke  and don't use him but maybe there is room for another target man type especially if cog gets injured

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yep. 1 goal in 15 games. Not in squad for 5, and benched for another.

Hes not going to be the answer unless he's pining for Andy Rhodes affection.

8 hours ago, singe said:

Yep. 1 goal in 15 games. Not in squad for 5, and benched for another.

Hes not going to be the answer unless he's pining for Andy Rhodes affection.

Can't possibly know that, Singe, until he arrives back and starts training.
He could do really well or he could be a non-starter.

Duffus should be given his chance, like any other player and at least he belongs to Latics.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Can't possibly know that, Singe, until he arrives back and starts training.
He could do really well or he could be a non-starter.

Duffus should be given his chance, like any other player and at least he belongs to Latics.

I'm not saying don't give him a chance, just that don't expect him to be the answer to our goal scoring issues. BH said 10 in 23 is bot bad, that was the main reason for my post because yes, but looking deeper it was not so good.  If he is struggling in the Irish League, he will with us.
Anyway,  we sorted out goalscoring problems last night!

I'd really hope that if he does come back, that FB &AR are capable of getting him firing on all cylinders. It would like being a new signing.

23 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Regardless of circumstances he's hardly shown a raging desire to play for us and I'd be surprised if he did so again.

Never say never, Mr. D42. :D

Like Singe, I hope Bunn and Rhodes manage to get the best out of him. What have they got to lose?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ncookie9 said:

Any news on this guy? Thought his loan expired end of October?

Definitely seems worth a look over Benteke/COG. Sadly think he might get shipped out the back door.

Think his loan expired on the weekend as their season can technically run until then. (Ireland had their cup final and relegation play-off last weekend). 

5 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Coming back but can't play until January.  8 goals from 10 starts is not bad.

1 goal in 18 game eligible since that purple patch is less so. He went right off the boil

Of those18,  2 were unused on the bench, 1 for 3 min sub, 2 on for the last 1/2 hour, and dropped for 4.

1 in his last 7 + 2x1/3 games

I hope the break and training without pressure give him a real confidence boost and he comes back like a new signing. My hopes are guarded, not up, though.

Archived