Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yarddogs

Courtney Duffus

Recommended Posts

Might be wrong but sure his loan is up in November wouldn’t mind seeing him back at the club and given a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Might be wrong but sure his loan is up in November wouldn’t mind seeing him back at the club and given a chance.

On loan till November 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

He'll be pushing for a permanent move to Waterford

The league of Ireland season finishes end of October gives us more options up front at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if he will be brought back? Or will we cancel his contract. 

 

10 in 23 isn't a bad return but at a low level, is there much difference between the 2 leagues I wonder. We resigned benteke  and don't use him but maybe there is room for another target man type especially if cog gets injured

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not been getting much of a game lately. Last scored at the start of June and then only played a full 90 minutes once since the end of June. Not sure why. But Waterfords result massively tailed off too. Would be highly ironic if they had to pay us money if he scored any more or played many more so have benched/dropped him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He’s not been getting much of a game lately. Last scored at the start of June and then only played a full 90 minutes once since the end of June. Not sure why. But Waterfords result massively tailed off too. Would be highly ironic if they had to pay us money if he scored any more or played many more so have benched/dropped him!

They signed Noel hunt. He’s been starting instead 

Edited by LightDN123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 7:43 AM, bluehobbit said:

Wonder if he will be brought back? Or will we cancel his contract. 

 

10 in 23 isn't a bad return but at a low level, is there much difference between the 2 leagues I wonder. We resigned benteke  and don't use him but maybe there is room for another target man type especially if cog gets injured

 

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He’s not been getting much of a game lately. Last scored at the start of June and then only played a full 90 minutes once since the end of June. Not sure why. But Waterfords result massively tailed off too. Would be highly ironic if they had to pay us money if he scored any more or played many more so have benched/dropped him!

Yep. 1 goal in 15 games. Not in squad for 5, and benched for another.

Hes not going to be the answer unless he's pining for Andy Rhodes affection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair though, at least he'll come back not thinking he is the "big I am of Ireland" like Patrick McEleney did. Might work a bit harder to make it work. I'd still be happy to give Duffus time.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, singe said:

 

Yep. 1 goal in 15 games. Not in squad for 5, and benched for another.

Hes not going to be the answer unless he's pining for Andy Rhodes affection.

Can't possibly know that, Singe, until he arrives back and starts training.
He could do really well or he could be a non-starter.

Duffus should be given his chance, like any other player and at least he belongs to Latics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Can't possibly know that, Singe, until he arrives back and starts training.
He could do really well or he could be a non-starter.

Duffus should be given his chance, like any other player and at least he belongs to Latics.

I'm not saying don't give him a chance, just that don't expect him to be the answer to our goal scoring issues. BH said 10 in 23 is bot bad, that was the main reason for my post because yes, but looking deeper it was not so good.  If he is struggling in the Irish League, he will with us.
Anyway,  we sorted out goalscoring problems last night!

I'd really hope that if he does come back, that FB &AR are capable of getting him firing on all cylinders. It would like being a new signing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Regardless of circumstances he's hardly shown a raging desire to play for us and I'd be surprised if he did so again.

Never say never, Mr. D42. :D

Like Singe, I hope Bunn and Rhodes manage to get the best out of him. What have they got to lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on this guy? Thought his loan expired end of October?

 

Definitely seems worth a look over Benteke/COG. Sadly think he might get shipped out the back door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ncookie9 said:

Any news on this guy? Thought his loan expired end of October?

 

Definitely seems worth a look over Benteke/COG. Sadly think he might get shipped out the back door.

Think his loan expired on the weekend as their season can technically run until then. (Ireland had their cup final and relegation play-off last weekend). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ncookie9 said:

Any news on this guy? Thought his loan expired end of October?

 

Definitely seems worth a look over Benteke/COG. Sadly think he might get shipped out the back door.

He was training at the back end of last week with us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club says he hasn’t yet returned. Even when he does he won’t be able to play until the New Year after we’ve received international clearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The club says he hasn’t yet returned. Even when he does he won’t be able to play until the New Year after we’ve received international clearance.

Even though he's contracted to us? Seems strange if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Coming back but can't play until January.  8 goals from 10 starts is not bad.

1 goal in 18 game eligible since that purple patch is less so. He went right off the boil

Of those18,  2 were unused on the bench, 1 for 3 min sub, 2 on for the last 1/2 hour, and dropped for 4.

1 in his last 7 + 2x1/3 games

 

I hope the break and training without pressure give him a real confidence boost and he comes back like a new signing. My hopes are guarded, not up, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×