Courtney Duffus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Byrne just wanted to play as well, how come he wasn't afforded the luxury of a second chance?

Taken from the post below, "I guess what I can’t believe is that all of; Byrne; Gerrard; Davies; Fane & Duffus are ALL to blame 100% ( that’s not saying some of them might be)."

12 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I come to the same conclusion.... but @mikejh45, @kowenicki & @mcfluff1985 are happy with Abdallah’s decision to banish the boy to train with the youths because of his tweeting history.... bad egg or sh1t at football (no idea how anyone would know - given his lack of opportunity / didn’t he suffer an illness after originally joined us?) apparently.... & to hell with the fact we have no strikers available.

Are you a spin doctor...….where did I say I was happy?....all I've said at any point is you, like me, have no idea what has gone on in the past between AL and/or SC, past and present managers, CD and his agent. There are lots of scenarios that may or may not have happened but you keep stating one and that one may or may not have happened. This meeting may have happened and it didn't work...….we simply don't know.

But as usual, if blame has to be apportioned by yourself, it ultimately falls at AL's door.

I’m a little bit baffled as to why he is not being utilised or even an update on him from the club, especially as we have limited attacking options. I appreciate the Irish league isn’t at the same level as league two but he appeared to do quite well over there, surely could be at least on the bench instead of a youth team player?

1 minute ago, Paul said:

I’m a little bit baffled as to why he is not being utilised or even an update on him from the club, especially as we have limited attacking options. I appreciate the Irish league isn’t at the same level as league two but he appeared to do quite well over there, surely could be at least on the bench instead of a youth team player?

Clearly as some are saying he will never wear a latics shirt again. Club must have their reasons as I agree he is worth at least a place on the bench in our current situation. 

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

Tony P?

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Clearly as some are saying he will never wear a latics shirt again. Club must have their reasons as I agree he is worth at least a place on the bench in our current situation. 

On the evidence of what is he worth a place on the bench?

Having a good goalscoring record in Ireland means nothing......we signed the League of Ireland's Player of the Year last season and he was, to be kind, not very good.

Maybe the coaching staff have looked at him and decided otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

McEleney was the “best player in the Irish league”

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

On the evidence of what is he worth a place on the bench?

Having a good goalscoring record in Ireland means nothing......we signed the League of Ireland's Player of the Year last season and he was, to be kind, not very good.

Maybe the coaching staff have looked at him and decided otherwise.

You beat me to it.  Just wondering what the equivalent French league level is to the Irish league?  🤔

1 hour ago, Paul said:

If we play him, he can’t play for anyone else and therefore can’t be moved on. 

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Still this season. Someone on here has already looked into it. 

Indeed the Irish don't run to the UEFA calendar. His loan technically spanned 2 seasons due to the Irish running a calendar year season. 

If he plays for us he can't play for anyone else until June. But if he's still here in February I think we might as well play him, as I don't think he can play for anyone after then anyway. Bit like how we signed Lockwood from Guiseley as Bury let him leave too late so Guiseley was as high as he could play. 

Duffus could play for Stockport etc I think under the same rules. 

Archived