Courtney Duffus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Agreed. We have to pay his wages [well, if Lemsagam can be @rsed].... but we can't play him. Administrative stupidity on our part, demonstrating yet again the lack of PLANning applied to decision making.

Are we conveniently forgetting he’s  fucking garbage ?? Some are trying too hard now to Lemsagem bash. Although our squad is nothing short of wank , he would not in my view improve us at all. Get rid at the earliest opportunity 

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Are we conveniently forgetting he’s  fucking garbage ?? Some are trying too hard now to Lemsagem bash. Although our squad is nothing short of wank , he would not in my view improve us at all. Get rid at the earliest opportunity 

You mean he's worse than O'Grady :laught16::laught16::laught16:

To be fair how much of him did we really see? He was injured when he arrived if i remember then he had a serious illness.  I don't think he's the answer either but if a O Grady can get game time then there is no reason Duffus couldn't challenge for a place.

Bit of a moot point though if we can use him, feel for the player a bit as well as he's back to being in limbo. Wonder if he will ask to released

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Agreed. We have to pay his wages [well, if Lemsagam can be @rsed].... but we can't play him. Administrative stupidity on our part, demonstrating yet again the lack of PLANning applied to decision making.

You can't blame AL for a mistake made by someone who's job it is to know the regulations, and who was in that role before AL appeared on the scene. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a new job opening in a few weeks.

Unless the ramifications were pointed out before Duffus' loan was extended. 

The fact he barely played in a pub league over the last few weeks is indicative that perhaps he isn't good enough. 

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

We've had his wages paid for a few months while we couldn't have shifted him on. That'll probably be enough savings for AL.

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I don't think he's been seen enough to qualify that statement. ;-)

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

You can't blame AL for a mistake made by someone who's job it is to know the regulations, and who was in that role before AL appeared on the scene. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a new job opening in a few weeks.

Unless the ramifications were pointed out before Duffus' loan was extended. 

The fact he barely played in a pub league over the last few weeks is indicative that perhaps he isn't good enough. 

I can. Duffus went on loan to Waterford in Feb & it was extended sometime after? Lemsagam owned the club from Jan, but had been in/around it since the previous July? The buck stops with the man who owns it. He (sometimes) hires & (quite often) fires people to work for him. He takes responsibility. This all assumes an admin cock up. If it was a conscious decision, I'm not sure it's any better.

35 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

We've had his wages paid for a few months while we couldn't have shifted him on. That'll probably be enough savings for AL.

This assumes he's not up to it. Can anyone possibly know? He was signed when Shez was still here, he was then injured, presumably Wellens had some say in him going out on loan, Bunn has probably only just met him. The new manager we'll inevitably get before Duffus' contract expires hasn't yet met him. Lemsagam can't judge a decent footballer if he thinks it a good idea to sign Abdelhakim Omrani. He can't be any worse than COG.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Boys in Blue said:

Comes across as having a good attitude and it’s not clear why the club don’t give him a chance.

I’d like to see him given a chance. We keep developing players from other clubs. Why not develop one of our own? 

I come to the same conclusion.... but @mikejh45, @kowenicki & @mcfluff1985 are happy with Abdallah’s decision to banish the boy to train with the youths because of his tweeting history.... bad egg or sh1t at football (no idea how anyone would know - given his lack of opportunity / didn’t he suffer an illness after originally joined us?) apparently.... & to hell with the fact we have no strikers available.

At what point do we all agree that Abdallah’s personal grudges are to the detriment of the whole team? This lad deserves a chance given his record whilst out on loan. We’re desperate for attacking options. It seems a no brainier to give him a run of games - the only thing preventing this is the owner’s inability to get over whatever petty dispute they’ve had months ago...

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

At what point do we all agree that Abdallah’s personal grudges are to the detriment of the whole team? This lad deserves a chance given his record whilst out on loan. We’re desperate for attacking options. It seems a no brainier to give him a run of games - the only thing preventing this is the owner’s inability to get over whatever petty dispute they’ve had months ago...

Not that I agree with that way of doing things if that is how he’s operating... eg cross him and you’re done. But I don’t think any of the players released for that or any other reason have gone on to better things have they?

Edit to add... and Duffus had a good start in Ireland but was fairly poor after that. Maybe he isn’t good enough? We’ve had 1 game since Sturridge left. We weren’t missing Duffus before that and if we get a decent striker in we hopefully won’t miss Duffus after. 

8 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I come to the same conclusion.... but @mikejh45, @kowenicki & @mcfluff1985 are happy with Abdallah’s decision to banish the boy to train with the youths because of his tweeting history.... bad egg or sh1t at football (no idea how anyone would know - given his lack of opportunity / didn’t he suffer an illness after originally joined us?) apparently.... & to hell with the fact we have no strikers available.

What i said was maybe there's more to it than that but ye you just keep thinking everyone is defending the man you despise so much

8 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I am? 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I am? 

Apologies if you're not.... only, your respectful, articulate and persuasive response to my suggesting the boy and Abdallah should make up for the good of the club was;

...and your response to someone posting "Have any of you considered that duffus is nowhere near the team because he's garbage....", was;

....both of which suggest to me you are happy with the club's treatment of him.

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Apologies if you're not.... only, your respectful, articulate and persuasive response to my suggesting the boy and Abdallah should make up for the good of the club was;

...and your response to someone posting "Have any of you considered that duffus is nowhere near the team because he's garbage....", was;

....both of which suggest to me you are happy with the club's treatment of him.

No it doesn’t.  I just don’t think he’s very good.  Neither did the previous managers.  Now they aren’t always right as is very obvious recently, but on this  one I think they might be. I may be wrong, we shall see.,

Archived