Port Vale (h)

6 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don’t think sacking Bunn will change anything. Club’s rotten to the core yet people idly watch by and pretend everything’s okay. Buzzing.

And you're doing loads to help aren't you?  Absolutely nobody thinks that everything is OK at the club.

Idly watching by?  More like helplessly looking on in horror as something they love is hurtling towards obscurity, possibly even out of existence altogether.

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has even hinted that everything is ok. Tell us how you feel things are, but don't elasticise things to suit your agenda.

Spot on.  Kusunga your opinion is as valid as the next person, but these "people" who you clearly hate so much simply don't exist.

Piss poor, negative tactics again. Sick of it every week. Shocking movement off the ball from everyone apart from Baxter. Lyden and Gardner playing as defensive midfielders at home is disgusting. 

Why can't anyone put a cross in first time? Why don't we play the ball into O'Grady's feet to hold it up. Does a better job at that than when lumped up to him. 

If Bunn walked now I wouldn't give a shit. Seems we're buggered with little to no money so can't see many improvements squadwise in January.

Gardner MOTM was someone's idea of a joke. No idea what went through Clarke's head. Looked a clear pen on Land and Edmundson as well. 

Balls to it. Kids are going bed, I'm having a beer and watching Making a Murderer whilst scowling and spitting at my missus if she attempts to speak to me

I'm absolutely at a loss today. Why in the hell would you play 4-5-1 at home against a team who is hemoraging goals more than my IBS suffering arse when I've had too much garlic bread?! I'm sure Surridge is on a 'No play at home' contract. I'm fuming and I'm normally a glass half full fan. What the F is going on? 

Piss poor today  and absolutely no goal threat  without Surridge who is very injury prone  clarke had a total brain fart  he could ofrun for the ball but he just watched the lad and took him out  think Frankie is under pressure  big time  needs to show some balls at home  and have a go  we just don’t create scoring chances 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Terrible tactics. 

Gardner is a liability! MOTM!?!?!?!?

Lose Tuesday and he will be under serious pressure to go.  Which is actually terrifying as I don’t know who would want the job right now. 

Sheridan? I’ll bet he’s on a final warning after today. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Nearly 40 places below Accrington Stanley in the Football League pyramid...

Keep defending the chairman lads.

Yep. Chairman’s fault that Clarke was a prick today, chairman’s fault Gardner cant hit a barn door and has an aversion to passing to a team mate.  Some of you lot need to get off the Gardner love train. He’s shit. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Top 3 already looks out of reach, is there a case for making a change and letting a younger fella have a go?

I'm really surprised that anyone expected us to get top 3 this year.

At the start of the season everyone outside of our club who had any idea of the lower leagues had us down to be a team that were likely to struggle or simply be outright last.  The only reason I didn't (I thought mid table/low top half was about right) was because I thought the stories about AL weren't quite as bad as people were making out.  Sadly I no longer think that any more.

I think that the squad that Bunn has put together is OK for this level, but I'm getting more worried by the game that Bunn isn't able to get the most out of their ability.  But sacking Bunn at the present time would be the equivalent of pondering over which new energy efficient light bulb to put in while the house is on fire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

As ludicrous as this sounds, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened...however, I don't think it will. I didn't go today but 4-5-1 at home to Vale, with O'Grady as a lone striker? I bet Vale couldn't believe their luck! All games are a 'must win' but another home defeat on Tuesday will be disastrous for both club and manager. Which is stating the obvious, I know.

3 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I’d always have him back - as he’s the only manager who gets us fighting - but I doubt he would come back.  

Admit it it that our club is now toxic and we’re stuck with Bunn.  Our owner ain’t got money to fire & hire the manager.  I reckon he’s totally disinterested now after we were relegated and he realised just how much is needed to get us back in League One let alone the Championship.

I’m 46 and if I’m lucky to live until my 90s, I doubt I’ll see Championship football again in my lifetime.  In fact I’m seriously concerned that I’ll never see a promotion for our club again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm really surprised that anyone expected us to get top 3 this year.

At the start of the season everyone outside of our club who had any idea of the lower leagues had us down to be a team that were likely to struggle or simply be outright last.  The only reason I didn't (I thought mid table/low top half was about right) was because I thought the stories about AL weren't quite as bad as people were making out.  Sadly I no longer think that any more.

I think that the squad that Bunn has put together is OK for this level, but I'm getting more worried by the game that Bunn isn't able to get the most out of their ability.  But sacking Bunn at the present time would be the equivalent of pondering over which new energy efficient light bulb to put in while the house is on fire.

I must confess I haven't been since the Crawley match and am not missing it one bit which saddens me, these tactics suck the positivity away very quickly if you aren't winning.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yep. Chairman’s fault that Clarke was a prick today, chairman’s fault Gardner cant hit a barn door and has an aversion to passing to a team mate.  Some of you lot need to get off the Gardner love train. He’s shit. 

My point is that the issues run much deeper than Frankie ‘Dull’. The idea that in our current predicament we’d be able to attract the quality of manager capable of getting this bunch of jokers into promotion contenders is nothing short of laughable. 

And agreed, our fanbase has overrated Gardner for far too long. Bang average.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

I’d always have him back - as he’s the only manager who gets us fighting - but I doubt he would come back.  

Admit it it that our club is now toxic and we’re stuck with Bunn.  Our owner ain’t got money to fire & hire the manager.  I reckon he’s totally disinterested now after we were relegated and he realised just how much is needed to get us back in League One let alone the Championship.

I’m 46 and if I’m lucky to live until my 90s, I doubt I’ll see Championship football again in my lifetime.  In fact I’m seriously concerned that I’ll never see a promotion for our club again.

Im 57 and i am going to feckin bed.

That was the definition of a tactical shitstorm.

Just now, Ryan said:

My point is that the issues run much deeper than Frankie ‘Dull’. The idea that in our current predicament we’d be able to attract the quality of manager capable of getting this bunch of jokers into promotion contenders is nothing short of laughable. 

We agree then. 

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

As ludicrous as this sounds, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened...however, I don't think it will. I didn't go today but 4-5-1 at home to Vale, with O'Grady as a lone striker? I bet Vale couldn't believe their luck! All games are a 'must win' but another home defeat on Tuesday will be disastrous for both club and manager. Which is stating the obvious, I know.

You didn't go and read it correctly.

Doesn't say much for the manager when he's so predictable.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Had the most attempts on goal of anyone, doesn't say much for the rest.

Dear Mr Bunn,

If you really think anything of OAFC then please go and take your boring negative football with you.

At least give somebody else the chance of salvaging something from this season whilst there is still time left.

We haven't got world class players I know but to play 90 mins against poor opposition and create no chances yet again is now becoming mind numbingly boring on the Penney scale. 

You may gave been a legend as a player but your no better than a leg end at management. 

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Had the most attempts on goal of anyone, doesn't say much for the rest.

Thats the problem. Attempts... nowhere fucking near. He’s a joke.  Other players farrr better than him today, which says even more about just how bad he was.  Only really Edmundson has anything to be really proud of from that.