Jump to content
OWTB Forums
Sign in to follow this  
laticsrblue

Royle set to join THE Latics board

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

WTF.

Mind you, I think we need money to come with anoyn who joins our Board rather than a sop to the fans, albeit a straight talking one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bizarre  appointment. 

 

Love the guy but whats the benefit of this to them? 

Suppose they may think that someone with vast experience as a player and manager who's well respected in the game may be useful on their board.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Suppose they may think that someone with vast experience as a player and manager who's well respected in the game may be useful on their board.

 

Yes... but isn't there someone else like that who also has an affinity with the cub and isn't 70 years old?  

 

Anyhow.  Good luck to him, he should be in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, singe said:

WTF.

Mind you, I think we need money to come with anoyn who joins our Board rather than a sop to the fans, albeit a straight talking one.

Isn't he fronting a consortium that are making a 22 million pound takeover of Wigan?

I would call that coming with a fair old wedge in your back pocket,unlike some Mickey Mouse football club owners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bizarre  appointment. 

 

Love the guy but whats the benefit of this to them? 

What a bizarre comment.. Why wouldn't a man of 50 years football experience at many levels and in a huge variety of roles be of value to the board of a football club? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Isn't he fronting a consortium that are making a 22 million pound takeover of Wigan?

I would call that coming with a fair old wedge in your back pocket,unlike some Mickey Mouse football club owners. 

 

They're borrowing £34 million to finance it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

They're borrowing it against the club.

Are you trying to convince us that this is a bad idea? because to me it seems a far better proposition than spending an alledged £3 million plus on a League 2 club that is on it's arse !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Are you trying to convince us that this is a bad idea? because to me it seems a far better proposition than spending an alledged £3 million plus on a League 2 club that is on it's arse !

 

I don’t think it’s as good as it looks, that’s all. Miles better than our situation though, yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

I don’t think it’s as good as it looks, that’s all. Miles better than our situation though, yes. 

They are only just outside of the playoff places ( although that doesn't mean much yet ) plenty of potential,some decent players,ground and training facilities being acquired too.

One small,yet massive step away from Premiership financial jackpot.

I would have a crack at it and am sure many others would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

These threads with misleading titles are gonna be well funny ONE DAY!!!

 

Maybe I can compensate by using the undeserved attention that the thread is getting to promote World Sight Day and the plea for more corneas to be donated.  As a recipient myself I know how vital it is that they are available  when needed.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/139/main-news/122879/nurses-plea-for-people-in-oldham-to-donate-their-sight

 

Edited by laticsrblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

He’s a fraud anyway. 

Beyond belief, even if it's meant to be funny. Which it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×