Jump to content
OWTB Forums
Sign in to follow this  
singe

FA Youth Cup

Recommended Posts

1st Round 2018

I always think we get tough draws.

Anyway 1st rd this year

Tadcaster or Altricham. Away.

Quite a few Non league teams in there still, so we missed an easier draw. I'd have liked Cogenhoe United or Aylestone Park.....!

 

Played by 3rd Nov

 

THE FIRST ROUND DRAW:

NORTH SHIELDS / AFC FYLDE vs BURY
DONCASTER ROVERS vs ROCHDALE
FLEETWOOD TOWN vs CARLISLE UNITED
MORECAMBE vs CREWE ALEXANDRA
BLACKPOOL vs GUISELEY / OSSETT
TRANMERE ROVERS vs ACCRINGTON STANLEY
FC HALIFAX / LITHERLAND REMYCA vs SUNDERLAND
HYDE UNITED / SALFORD CITY vs BRADFORD CITY
HARTLEPOOL / CHESTER vs BARNSLEY
TADCASTER / ALTRINCHAM vs OLDHAM ATHLETIC
SOUTH SHIELDS / CHORLEY vs MACCLESFIELD TOWN
SCUNTHORPE UNITED vs AFC TELFORD / RUGBY TOWN
RUGBY BOROUGH / SOLIHULL MOORS vs MATLOCK TOWN / SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN
SHREWSBURY TOWN vs LINCOLN CITY
COGENHOE / AYLESTONE PARK vs GRANTHAM TOWN / HALESOWEN TOWN
GRIMSBY TOWN vs MANSFIELD TOWN
LONG EATON UNITED / HEREFORD vs MILTON KEYNES DONS
PORT VALE vs KIDDERMINSTER / CHESTERFIELD
WALSALL vs NOTTS COUNTY
BURTON ALBION vs COVENTRY CITY


STEVENAGE vs COLCHESTER UNITED
PETERBOROUGH SPORTS / WALSHAM LE WILLOWS vs BARNET / BISHOP’S STORTFORD
CAMBRIDGE UNITED vs AFC SUDBURY / WROXHAM
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS / LEYTON ORIENT vs SOUTHEND UNITED
LUTON TOWN vs BRENTWOOD / SAFFRON WALDEN TOWN
HULLBRIDGE / AVELEY vs PETERBOROUGH UNITED
NORTHAMPTON TOWN vs KINGS LYNN / DEREHAM
CARSHALTON / WORTHING vs CRAY WANDERERS / RAYNES PARK
ASCOT UTD / WINGATE & FINCHLEY vs KINGS LANGLEY / TRING ATHLETIC
PHOENIX SPORTS / HAMPTON & RICHMOND vs WELWYN GARDEN CITY / ANDOVER TOWN
CROYDON / LEWES vs BOGNOR REGIS / SUTTON UNITED
CHARLTON ATHLETIC vs MET POLICE / WHITEHAWK
READING CITY / HEMEL HEMPSTEAD vs OXFORD UNITED
AFC WIMBLEDON vs GILLINGHAM
LEVERSTOCK / MAIDENHEAD vs DARTFORD / DULWICH HAMLET
EXETER CITY vs PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
NEWPORT COUNTY vs YEOVIL TOWN
PORTSMOUTH vs BRISTOL ROVERS
FOREST GREEN ROVERS vs CHELTENHAM TOWN
CIRENCESTER / ALDERSHOT vs CLEVEDON / BROCKENHURST
TORQUAY / YATE TOWN vs DIDCOT TOWN / TOTTON & ELING
SWINDON TOWN vs TEAM SOLENT / MONEYFIELDS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This confused the hell out of me..... when is the FA Cup 1st round proper..... should be around the same date? Therefore when is the draw?

 

Edit: Assume the draw will be w/c 22nd Oct, given the below; Look at some of the former League sides in that. Sends a shiver down my spine.

 

The fourth round qualifying is scheduled for the weekend of Saturday 20 October.

Each winning club will receive £25,000 from The FA prize fund and a place in the first round proper.

Emirates FA Cup fourth round qualifying:

North

Cleethorpes Town or Guiseley v Stourbridge
Warrington Town v FC Halifax Town
Chorley v Barrow
Hartlepool United v Workington or Kidsgrove Athletic
AFC Fylde v Chesterfield
Southport v Ashton United
Blyth Spartans v York City
Harrogate Town v Wrexham
Dunston UTS v Gateshead
Stockport County v Altrincham
Marine v Salford City
Witton Albion v Solihull Moors
Alfreton Town v St Neots Town or Coalville Town

South

Woking v Welling United
Hitchin Town v Leatherhead or Hanwell Town
Chippenham Town or Hendon v Maidenhead United
Eastbourne Borough v Slough Town or Bristol Manor Farm
Hemel Hempstead Town v Oxford City
Weston Super Mare v Bath City
Boreham Wood v Dagenham & Redbridge
Tiverton Town or Metropolitan Police v Havant & Waterlooville
Gloucester City or Dorking Wanderers v Bromley
Aldershot Town v Kettering Town
Torquay United v Winchester City
Billericay Town v Taunton Town or St Albans City
Eastleigh v Hampton & Richmond Borough
Wealdstone v Sutton United
Ebbsfleet United v Worthing
Maidstone United v Leyton Orient
Haringey Borough v Horsham or Poole Town
Barnet v Braintree Town
Concord Rangers v Dover Athletic

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

This confused the hell out of me..... when is the FA Cup 1st round proper..... should be around the same date? Therefore when is the draw?

 

Edit: Assume the draw will be w/c 22nd Oct, given the below; Look at some of the former League sides in that. Sends a shiver down my spine.

 

The fourth round qualifying is scheduled for the weekend of Saturday 20 October.

Each winning club will receive £25,000 from The FA prize fund and a place in the first round proper.

Emirates FA Cup fourth round qualifying:

North

Cleethorpes Town or Guiseley v Stourbridge
Warrington Town v FC Halifax Town
Chorley v Barrow
Hartlepool United v Workington or Kidsgrove Athletic
AFC Fylde v Chesterfield
Southport v Ashton United
Blyth Spartans v York City
Harrogate Town v Wrexham
Dunston UTS v Gateshead
Stockport County v Altrincham
Marine v Salford City
Witton Albion v Solihull Moors
Alfreton Town v St Neots Town or Coalville Town

South

Woking v Welling United
Hitchin Town v Leatherhead or Hanwell Town
Chippenham Town or Hendon v Maidenhead United
Eastbourne Borough v Slough Town or Bristol Manor Farm
Hemel Hempstead Town v Oxford City
Weston Super Mare v Bath City
Boreham Wood v Dagenham & Redbridge
Tiverton Town or Metropolitan Police v Havant & Waterlooville
Gloucester City or Dorking Wanderers v Bromley
Aldershot Town v Kettering Town
Torquay United v Winchester City
Billericay Town v Taunton Town or St Albans City
Eastleigh v Hampton & Richmond Borough
Wealdstone v Sutton United
Ebbsfleet United v Worthing
Maidstone United v Leyton Orient
Haringey Borough v Horsham or Poole Town
Barnet v Braintree Town
Concord Rangers v Dover Athletic

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

This confused the hell out of me..... when is the FA Cup 1st round proper..... should be around the same date? Therefore when is the draw?

 

Edit: Assume the draw will be w/c 22nd Oct, given the below; Look at some of the former League sides in that. Sends a shiver down my spine.

 

The fourth round qualifying is scheduled for the weekend of Saturday 20 October.

Each winning club will receive £25,000 from The FA prize fund and a place in the first round proper.

Emirates FA Cup fourth round qualifying:

North

Cleethorpes Town or Guiseley v Stourbridge
Warrington Town v FC Halifax Town
Chorley v Barrow
Hartlepool United v Workington or Kidsgrove Athletic
AFC Fylde v Chesterfield
Southport v Ashton United
Blyth Spartans v York City
Harrogate Town v Wrexham
Dunston UTS v Gateshead
Stockport County v Altrincham
Marine v Salford City
Witton Albion v Solihull Moors
Alfreton Town v St Neots Town or Coalville Town

South

Woking v Welling United
Hitchin Town v Leatherhead or Hanwell Town
Chippenham Town or Hendon v Maidenhead United
Eastbourne Borough v Slough Town or Bristol Manor Farm
Hemel Hempstead Town v Oxford City
Weston 

I reckon nine northern ex league clubs in there and five Southern. I wonder if that is significant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I reckon nine northern ex league clubs in there and five Southern. I wonder if that is significant. 

 

Statistically not..... but I take your point. Does it point to a North/South divide in terms of spending power. It'd be interesting to see if - of the 92 league clubs - there has been an increase in proportion of Southern teams since the inception of the Premier League. Sounds like one for @singe that?

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Statistically not..... but I take your point. Does it point to a North/South divide in terms of spending power. It'd be interesting to see if - of the 92 league clubs - there has been an increase in proportion of Southern teams since the inception of the Premier League. Sounds like one for @singe that?

I've always assumed that the drawing power of London would tilt the balance at the top level eventually but the investment in City has rather skewed that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I reckon nine northern ex league clubs in there and five Southern. I wonder if that is significant. 

At least 10 northern ex league I think

halifax

barrow

hartlepool

workington

chesterfield

southport

york

wrexham

gateshead

stockport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

This confused the hell out of me..... when is the FA Cup 1st round proper..... should be around the same date? Therefore when is the draw?

 

Edit: Assume the draw will be w/c 22nd Oct, given the below; Look at some of the former League sides in that. Sends a shiver down my spine.

 

The fourth round qualifying is scheduled for the weekend of Saturday 20 October.

Each winning club will receive £25,000 from The FA prize fund and a place in the first round proper.

Emirates FA Cup fourth round qualifying:

North

Cleethorpes Town or Guiseley v Stourbridge
Warrington Town v FC Halifax Town
Chorley v Barrow
Hartlepool United v Workington or Kidsgrove Athletic
AFC Fylde v Chesterfield
Southport v Ashton United
Blyth Spartans v York City
Harrogate Town v Wrexham
Dunston UTS v Gateshead
Stockport County v Altrincham
Marine v Salford City
Witton Albion v Solihull Moors
Alfreton Town v St Neots Town or Coalville Town

South

Woking v Welling United
Hitchin Town v Leatherhead or Hanwell Town
Chippenham Town or Hendon v Maidenhead United
Eastbourne Borough v Slough Town or Bristol Manor Farm
Hemel Hempstead Town v Oxford City
Weston Super Mare v Bath City
Boreham Wood v Dagenham & Redbridge
Tiverton Town or Metropolitan Police v Havant & Waterlooville
Gloucester City or Dorking Wanderers v Bromley
Aldershot Town v Kettering Town
Torquay United v Winchester City
Billericay Town v Taunton Town or St Albans City
Eastleigh v Hampton & Richmond Borough
Wealdstone v Sutton United
Ebbsfleet United v Worthing
Maidstone United v Leyton Orient
Haringey Borough v Horsham or Poole Town
Barnet v Braintree Town
Concord Rangers v Dover Athletic

Quickest off topic ever....! 🤣

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Statistically not..... but I take your point. Does it point to a North/South divide in terms of spending power. It'd be interesting to see if - of the 92 league clubs - there has been an increase in proportion of Southern teams since the inception of the Premier League. Sounds like one for @singe that?

As in the real FA cup, there are preliminary rounds, so too tricky to find out, think I'l give that one a miss, thanks all the same!

To be honest, over that time scale there may be a variety of reasons teams may not enter for a season or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's surprising, to me anyway, that there is still a ready supply of well backed small northern clubs giving it a crack. The likes of Fleetwood, Fylde, Salford all examples and I think there are others, Harrogate perhaps. 

Not so many down south that I can put in the same category. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, singe said:

Quickest off topic ever....! 🤣

 

Thanks. :D

 

1 minute ago, singe said:

As in the real FA cup, there are preliminary rounds, so too tricky to find out, think I'l give that one a miss, thanks all the same!

To be honest, over that time scale there may be a variety of reasons teams may not enter for a season or more.

 

You misunderstand me.... I'm talking about the make up of the 92 league clubs by year, from 1992 to the present day. Are there more Southern clubs higher up the pyramid now, than there were then?

 

Balls to it....  There were 42 Northern Teams in the top 4 tiers in 92/93 vs 37 today. 35 vs 40 for the South and the Midlands is 15 all. 9 out of 13 Teams to have fallen out of the League in that time are Northern.

 

The ratio of Premier League teams is now more Southern. 10 Northern 3 Midlands & 9 Southern in 92/93 vs 7 Northern, 2 Midland and 11 Southern today.

 

It does indeed suggest a North/South divide influenced by money.

 

JwKlXMb.png

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Thanks. :D

 

 

You misunderstand me.... I'm talking about the make up of the 92 league clubs by year, from 1992 to the present day. Are there more Southern clubs higher up the pyramid now, than there were then?

 

Balls to it....  There were 42 Northern Teams in the top 4 tiers in 92/93 vs 37 today. 35 vs 40 for the South and the Midlands is 15 all. 9 out of 13 Teams to have fallen out of the League in that time are Northern.

 

The ratio of Premier League teams is now more Southern. 10 Northern 3 Midlands & 9 Southern in 92/93 vs 7 Northern, 2 Midland and 11 Southern today.

 

It does indeed suggest a North/South divide influenced by money.

 

JwKlXMb.png

Apologies, I  see what you mean. Nicely done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Everton Hav done amazing to Hav never been religated since the prem began!

Despite the fact they regularly get beaten by us Everton are a massive club. Anybody who remembers the 80s will remember they were one of the “big 5” well before Chelsea and Citeh got involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Despite the fact they regularly get beaten by us Everton are a massive club. Anybody who remembers the 80s will remember they were one of the “big 5” well before Chelsea and Citeh got involved.

Yeah but they also struggled for about 20 years almost going down year after year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×