FA Youth Cup

19 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

No he hasn't taken notice. I've been told that he has not watched the youth team all season.They should send the whole first team to watch this lot,they may learn a lot.

I hope that your source is a reliable one. This was a local game and I would have expected Bunn to be at the game. Although these lads are still some way off the first team, it sends a strong message to the youth lads when the first team manager takes an interest.

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I hope that your source is a reliable one. This was a local game and I would have expected Bunn to be at the game. Although these lads are still some way off the first team, it sends a strong message to the youth lads when the first team manager takes an interest.

Bunn isn't interested in the youth set up, strange given he's spent most of his coaching career working with kids. 

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bunn isn't interested in the youth set up, strange given he's spent most of his coaching career working with kids. 

Maybe he delegates and the best are recommended to him to join in training with the first team. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe like most managers he knows the chance of him being here in the next 3 months never mind 3 years it’s barely worth bothering 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Maybe like most managers he knows the chance of him being here in the next 3 months never mind 3 years it’s barely worth bothering 

Dear god, your anti AL position know no bounds. I would argue that his stance may be the polar opposite of Corney's insofar that his agent's brain would see potential and development in greater financial terms rather than a quick buck.

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Dear god, your anti AL position know no bounds. I would argue that his stance may be the polar opposite of Corney's insofar that his agent's brain would see potential and development in greater financial terms rather than a quick buck.

...I think he/she was probably referring to Bunn as opposed to the young boy, Mike.......

11 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Yeah I was referring to the manager. Plus I’m not completely anti AL. I have stuck up for him in the past and I’m pleased, wages seem to be paid on time. Let’s hope it continues.

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Maybe like most managers he knows the chance of him(SELF) being here in the next 3 months never mind 3 years it’s barely worth bothering 

Maybe like most managers he knows the chance of him(WILLIAMS) being here in the next 3 months never mind 3 years it’s barely worth bothering 

I can now see both sides but I went for the latter.

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe, using experience gained from the jobs you mention, he is extremely interested and knows that they don’t need moving yet.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Maybe, using experience gained from the jobs you mention, he is extremely interested and knows that they don’t need moving yet.

No he isn't interested in the youth set up full stop and would prefer to see it mothballed, heard that directly from the father of a current player. Probably of the opinion that the money could be better spent trying to stay in whatever division we are struggling in.

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No he isn't interested in the youth set up full stop and would prefer to see it mothballed, heard that directly from the father of a current player. Probably of the opinion that the money could be better spent trying to stay in whatever division we are struggling in.

Really? Find that hard to believe. That’s idiotic.