21 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I never cease to be amazed by our Away followings. I stand very much corrected 😮

I  am definitely in the mood for one..or two 🍻

I don't know where some of them get the money from. Some must spend every spare bit of cash on following the club around the country. Astounding respect to all.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Should be well over 2000. With a couple of wins starting on Saturday we could well sell out!

We’ll sell out regardless of wins. It’s been in general sale for one weekday day, is it?

Sure they’ll give us as many tickets as we need beyond the initial 2500

Edited by NewBlue

16 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

We’ll sell out regardless of wins. It’s been in general sale for one weekday day, is it?

Sure they’ll give us as many tickets as we need beyond the initial 2500

Goes on General sale on Tuesday (18th).

2 per season ticket holder may put pay to it going on General sale, but that's based on our current allocation. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Goes on General sale on Tuesday (18th).

2 per season ticket holder may put pay to it going on General sale, but that's based on our current allocation. 

They have to give us 15% of their capacity as it's an FA cup game, I'm sure 3800 will be enough.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

With the reported prices of beer down there can anyone recommend a good street corner or park I can sup my cans of skol and smoke my buda? 

There's a few Sam Smith pubs knocking about where it's 3.50ish a pint. Got to look hard though.

It's just been announced that there will be no replays in the 5th round this year, to prevent fixture congestion. A year earlier than scheduled, because 6 of the greedy league have qualified for European competitions. The prize money of 360000 will be split 75% to the eventual winners after extra time and penalties, and 25% to the losers.

They diminish the FA Cup even further to suit the greedy league. How long before replays are removed from round 3 onwards?

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It's just been announced that there will be no replays in the 5th round this year, to prevent fixture congestion. A year earlier than scheduled, because 6 of the greedy league have qualified for European competitions. The prize money of 360000 will be split 75% to the eventual winners after extra time and penalties, and 25% to the losers.

They diminish the FA Cup even further to suit the greedy league. How long before replays are removed from round 3 onwards?

I agree with your over all point, but I wonder how many league one and two sides, have gone through on a 5th round replay in the last 20 years? Hardly any. 

This will have little impact to small clubs IMO. However, if it moves further to round three, then that is a pisstake. 

Edited by League one forever

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree with your over all point, but I wonder how many league one and two sides, have gone through on a 5th round replay in the last 20 years? Hardly any. 

This will have little impact to small clubs IMO. However, if it moves further to round three, then that is a pisstake. 

Rochdale had a 5th round replay at Wembley last season. I don’t know how many more examples there are but that alone shows the type of trip and money-spinner that is potentially being taken away.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Dale, Us and I think Sutton did as well. (Off the top of my head).

1 hour ago, Latics and England said:

Rochdale had a 5th round replay at Wembley last season. I don’t know how many more examples there are but that alone shows the type of trip and money-spinner that is potentially being taken away.

Potentially. . 

Your example is a good one, and I don’t disagree. I also think the overall distribution of wealth in the game is a joke- particularly through the academies. 

However on this partcular point I think it makes overall common sense. The decision isn’t just about the rare or very infrequent lost income for league one and two, there is fixture congestion in all leagues. The championship and prem are quite rightly allowed a say on that. If in Jan/Feb we are doing well, do we want a replay that saps our league form?

I personally like the idea of having a prem side at BP in round 5  where there must a be winner. If your at that stage, you’ve already made a good few quid. 

I’d rather that, than a heroic draw which gives you an energy sapping replay. Which the underdog never wins, and very often affects league form. The cup is nice, and financially good. (This won’t change that dramatically) The league is what matters IMO. 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Dale, Us and I think Sutton did as well. (Off the top of my head).

We had a fourth replay against Everton didn’t we? 

Wasn’t Sutton back in the 80’s when they beat Cov? 

Dale is a good example last year. 

I’m not saying it doesn’t ever happen. I just don’t think it’s a calamity for our level. There’s others area’s we should be asking for more money- academies and solidarity payments are the two obvious ones. 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We had a fourth replay against Everton didn’t we? 

Wasn’t Sutton back in the 80’s when they beat Cov? 

Dale is a good example last year. 

I’m not saying it doesn’t ever happen. I just don’t think it’s a calamity for our level. There’s others area’s we should be asking for more money- academies and solidarity payments are the two obvious ones. 

We did (2nd replay) but when Matt Smith equalised in the last minute that was the 5th round. Sutton was a couple of years ago when them and Lincoln got to the 5th round, I think.

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Potentially. . 

Your example is a good one, and I don’t disagree. I also think the overall distribution of wealth in the game is a joke- particularly through the academies. 

However on this partcular point I think it makes overall common sense. The decision isn’t just about the rare or very infrequent lost income for league one and two, there is fixture congestion in all leagues. The championship and prem are quite rightly allowed a say on that. If in Jan/Feb we are doing well, do we want a replay that saps our league form?

I personally like the idea of having a prem side at BP in round 5  where there must a be winner. If your at that stage, you’ve already made a good few quid. 

I’d rather that, than a heroic draw which gives you an energy sapping replay. Which the underdog never wins, and very often affects league form. The cup is nice, and financially good. (This won’t change that dramatically) The league is what matters IMO. 

Yes but the big cup games are always remembered for years to come.