Although im disappointed with that draw and maybe because i was hoping for a big club after getting over giddy with yesterdays performance i will still be there at that place we have been to many times before..

we had two dour league games with them last season which ended in draws so hopefully with the fight and passion shown by the team yesterday and the noise made by us the 12th man we will beat these fuckers and look forward to a 5th round tie..

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Barely 2,300 tickets on the 15% basis. I know I can't go so that's one out of the equation. 

They average 7700 this season, doubt they will sell another 5000 more than usual for this game.

Everyone who wants a ticket will get one and as it's unlikely to get on tv we should be on at a sensible time too. So going to and from shouldn't be a problem.

9 hours ago, singe said:

It's an away tie, we have the best away fans. 

Also, maybe coincidentally, I was wondering had any team ever got to the FA Cup final having played every round away from home? 

Didnt Man Yoonited do it in 89/90.... they Year we took them to a replay in the S/F?

How many on here would claim that their initial reaction - immediately after ball 17 was pulled out of the pot - was anything other than disappointment?

Yes it could have been worse but it could have been so much better.

Having slept on it and weighed all the pros and cons of Doncaster Away:

pros - northern team from the division we exited so limply last season, allocation of 4K plus, no real pressure as Donny will be favourites, concede a few

cons: in a higher division, in the playoffs, good current form, have the division’s top scorer in Marquis...

Yes it will be a good day out and it is winnable...but I still think it’s a shite draw 😮

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

How many on here would claim that their initial reaction - immediately after ball 17 was pulled out of the pot - was anything other than disappointment?

Yes it could have been worse but it could have been so much better.

Having slept on it and weighed all the pros and cons of Doncaster Away:

pros - northern team from the division we exited so limply last season, allocation of 4K plus, no real pressure as Donny will be favourites, concede a few

cons: in a higher division, in the playoffs, good current form, have the division’s top scorer in Marquis...

Yes it will be a good day out and it is winnable...but I still think it’s a shite draw 😮

Another pro is that hopefully it won't prove a distraction for the players.  We have a couple of important, winnable games before the cup match and need the team to be focused on those.

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You daytrippers certainly won't be making the journey.

You're right that I won't be but then due to prior commitments I wouldn't have been regardless of the draw unless it was on the Monday. 

As for the disparaging day tripper terminology it's now approaching 40 years since I lived within 190 miles do I'm not going to feel too guilty about not being a weekly attendee. 

Edited by Dave_Og

11 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Not about the money but a win nets us £180,000.

It's a chance to progress and if we win may also give us money to improve the team for a promotion push before the window is out.

I would argue it’s absolutely about the money for clubs like us as we are not going to win it.... well the money and a great day out for the fans, which in this case it just isn’t sadly.