23 hours ago, disjointed said:

What does it matter we were beaten fair and square by Donny, it wasn't like it was a fuck up from the officials that cost us...... 

If I knew how I’d insert that irritating song from Frozen....but as I don’t know how please relax and imagine you are listening to a mildly irritating Finnish singer repeat “let it go, let it go” for what seems like hours 🙂

On 2/5/2019 at 10:46 PM, super_blue said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ Massive amount of money the club need to survive. No game last week in the mix so I can imagine cash is running low and some additional bonus will need paying from the FA cup run. 

If an owner is relying on cup money for the club to survive that's not sustainable. A budget has to set within their means.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If an owner is relying on cup money for the club to survive that's not sustainable. A budget has to set within their means.

This bonus only came about a week or two ago, if we are relying on a bonus that didn’t exist, we’re up shit creek

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Correct but the bonus system for players beating a premier league club and then additional tax is unlikely to have been budgeted for for although we make money from a cup run it also costs us money. The additional £125,000 would have help massively! 

23 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Correct but the bonus system for players beating a premier league club and then additional tax is unlikely to have been budgeted for for although we make money from a cup run it also costs us money. The additional £125,000 would have help massively! 

I doubt there would be a bonus for beating a PL side. 

Getting to the 3rd/4th round, however... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, super_blue said:

I know we are not great at demonstrating competence but devising a bonus scheme for the cup that involved paying out more than was generated would be a new 'high' 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I know we are not great at demonstrating competence but devising a bonus scheme for the cup that involved paying out more than was generated would be a new 'high' 

Any agent worth their money will have this inserted into their clients contract. It potentially won’t be everyone but bonuses will be paid. 

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I doubt there would be a bonus for beating a PL side. 

Getting to the 3rd/4th round, however... 

There will be Individual player bonus’ in place within their own individual contracts in addition to like you say a ‘3rd/4th round bonus system across the club.  

35 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Any agent worth their money will have this inserted into their clients contract. It potentially won’t be everyone but bonuses will be paid. 

Yes - but the cup run will have generated the money to pay it!

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 7:54 AM, yarddog73 said:

Was me Monty, although you mentioned them in some sort of 5 or 6 fold, 7/4 to win a competitive National League was way too short for me although they are in to 11/8 now I still think the 14's I got about Orient was a better bet but time will tell.

A shit day to be a Latics fan but The O's did the business today for me. On the plus side a decent London away day for next season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...