Negative Atmosphere at BP ?

So this is what our problem is, look at our away form it’s excellent we get good numbers to away games and the support is always fantastic the team preforms and gets us results. Our home form is abysmal has been for a long time, it’s due to a mix of teams coming here with the same game plan week on week nicking a goal and putting every man behind the ball what happens next ? The negative energy starts brewing again from a number of people, moans and groans every single time there’s a misplaced pass or a wrong decision made by a player this transmits to the players on the pitch no matter wich team we put out or whichever manager is stood on the touch line, when the fans get behind the team they perk up its not hard to see. Then the boos at FT after a loss is just so demoralising to the team it all adds to a poor mentality at the next home game they will remember it. 

Something needs to change at BP it could be something as little as changing the home end back to The Chaddy wich would generate more noise, you can barely here the singing in the RRE, but also the negative individuals need to start getting behind the team at home if we could recreate the away atmosphere at home we’d be a lot better off it can’t be just a coincidence can it ? 

Edited by Markspark92

I think you will find that the crowd have been rather easy going so far, Today was as poor a game as you can ever imagine and i couldn't hear much negativity.

People have kind of resigned themselves to the fact we are crap and that ain't gonna change by singing and dancing.

The only way to improve the atmosphere is to get results and do it on a regular basis, the fans deserve better than the shite on display today.

Just now, daniel said:

If people think the ref was the biggest problem today then they are seriously deluded. 

I simply asked “weren’t the boos for the ref?”. I didn’t say he was the biggest problem.  But he was definitely a terrible ref. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

I simply asked “weren’t the boos for the ref?”. I didn’t say he was the biggest problem.  But he was definitely a terrible ref. 

My bad, mis-read. Absolutely, he was terrible. The team and performance far worse though.

Over the last 5 years we must have one of the worst home win ratios in the football league. That is bound to have an effect and it amazes me how our fans remain relatively supportive after all of the crap that we have had to endure. Much of the atmosphere at away games is alcohol and drug fuelled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

My bad, mis-read. Absolutely, he was terrible. The team and performance far worse though.

The decision not to give us a penalty was worse than any decisions made by the players. On a par though with the decision not to start Nepo.

Up to the players to create an atmosphere by getting some early  chances far to many games at home we don’t create  a goal chance in the early stages of games   By passing sideways and backwards  to often we never test a goalie  how many saves did the port vale goalie  make today most shots were off target 

A lot of our home support can't wait for a mistake.

Been to about 70 of the current league grounds and would say we're down the bottom in terms of home crowds who get behind the team. 

Nothing to do with what end the home fans sit in, either. 

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

A lot of our home support can't wait for a mistake.

Been to about 70 of the current league grounds and would say we're down the bottom in terms of home crowds who get behind the team. 

Nothing to do with what end the home fans sit in, either. 

Above par then. We are in about 84th position in the leagues aren’t we?

1 minute ago, oafc21 said:

Not much to get behind though is there?

Nothing.....at least someone like fane puts a foot in and gees the crowd up. This lot just have litle abilty and zero fight to make up where they lack... 

I disagree with the whole cheer and they'll improve mentality... Its their job to perform at an expected standard for those that ultimately pay their wages who may then praise. 

Im not praising hunt for being a professional footballer who foul throws ...or someone whose has 5 seconds free space but then played a 5 yard pass straight to the opposition...

Why should i cheer when we have one shot on target all game. They know more is expected and if they show a bit if fight, everyone will get behind them. 

Negative atmosphere is down to the results... Not the other way round. 

20 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

I'm staggered anyone blame the home support for lack of acoustics for our abysmal home form... good football gets bums of seats. The only time i moved off my seat today was when someone wanted a piss.

Definitely not the reason, but undoubtedly an unhelpful factor..

Latics fans are not overly negative. This club has been starved of success for decades, it’s not going to be bouncing every week until that changes.

I suggest you take a visit to one of the ‘big’ Yorkshire clubs if you want to see an entitled fan base. Hillsborough, Bramall Lane and Elland Road are all filled with mutants who turn vile the minute one pass is misplaced.

Simple facts are, u can’t blame the fans if the product on the pitch is shit ! Yeah there will be negative fans, but they are paying to watch that shit. Do u really think they are paying to see them go behind so they can stick the knife in? Fans pay the money they have the right to voice their opinion. Attendance has gone up, I would assume a mix of cheaper prices, corney going and giving good will to AL! Who is fast running out of good will!