Negative Atmosphere at BP ?

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Definitely not the reason, but undoubtedly an unhelpful factor..

After the years of shit we have to endure I think our fans deserve a medal. I didn't hear any boo's until the end other than for the ref. End of the match maybe but that's after the game so fans are entited to voice their opinions after watching that dross. 

20 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Over the last 5 years we must have one of the worst home win ratios in the football league. That is bound to have an effect and it amazes me how our fans remain relatively supportive after all of the crap that we have had to endure. Much of the atmosphere at away games is alcohol and drug fuelled.

The only way to watch latics. 

I big part of the reason I've not been much in the pa=st couple of seasons has been because it's such a dour, unpleasant experience, although one of the few matches I got to last season was the 5-1 hammering of Northampton in the depths of winter.

Just seems wherever you sit, there's some cunt sat in earshot who does nothing but relentlessly bleat and moan about something. Whether they're right or wrong it doesn't matter. It's miserable to have to listen to it. Never thought it would grind me down as much as it does but it finally did do. When others mentioned this as the reason for not going I couldn't empathise with them. Long thought it was something you just had to put yourself through to make the few outstanding times when it all clicks worthwhile. Now it just isn't.

I'll drag myself off to a few no doubt. But I think following the years of Corney just ripping the heart out of the club followed by the incessant sniping and backbiting on social media it pretty much killing it stone dead for me.

Regards,

snowflake.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I big part of the reason I've not been much in the pa=st couple of seasons has been because it's such a dour, unpleasant experience, although one of the few matches I got to last season was the 5-1 hammering of Northampton in the depths of winter.

Just seems wherever you sit, there's some cunt sat in earshot who does nothing but relentlessly bleat and moan about something. Whether they're right or wrong it doesn't matter. It's miserable to have to listen to it. Never thought it would grind me down as much as it does but it finally did do. When others mentioned this as the reason for not going I couldn't empathise with them. Long thought it was something you just had to put yourself through to make the few outstanding times when it all clicks worthwhile. Now it just isn't.

I'll drag myself off to a few no doubt. But I think following the years of Corney just ripping the heart out of the club followed by the incessant sniping and backbiting on social media it pretty much killing it stone dead for me.

Regards,

snowflake.

Fir when you do go, the second section of the Joe Royle stand from the Frizzell stand is generally free of those types. ?

Recently, three of us attended the Carlisle match sober. We were in the ground for 1445 piled up with pies and everything. We were a bit unsure what you are supposed to do so we kind of aimlessly wandered to some seats on the halfway line in the Joe Royle. There is a guy there at the front who sits with his teenage lad shouting random complete bollocks. His son is extremely embarrassed by him and probably can’t wait until he is old enough to not go any more. Behind us were a group of men who just moaned about about Ishmael Miller being fat and slow, despite him having a good game and sometimes looking quite fast. I suspect they may have been darft racists.

Then at HT we noticed some fc united stickers near the pie stand thing and tried to rip them off, one of us pointed out it may look asif we had just put them up.

Highlight of the afternoon was megging passers by with a milk carton.

We changed seats to avoid the previously mentioned absolute tards, then went home at 1615.

Looking back it was funny, in reality it really isn’t. Bitter, backwards town. Very sad.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Recently, three of us attended the Carlisle match sober. We were in the ground for 1445 piled up with pies and everything. We were a bit unsure what you are supposed to do so we kind of aimlessly wandered to some seats on the halfway line in the Joe Royle. There is a guy there at the front who sits with his teenage lad shouting random complete bollocks. His son is extremely embarrassed by him and probably can’t wait until he is old enough to not go any more. Behind us were a group of men who just moaned about about Ishmael Miller being fat and slow, despite him having a good game and sometimes looking quite fast. I suspect they may have been darft racists.

Then at HT we noticed some fc united stickers near the pie stand thing and tried to rip them off, one of us pointed out it may look asif we had just put them up.

Highlight of the afternoon was megging passers by with a milk carton.

We changed seats to avoid the previously mentioned absolute tards, then went home at 1615.

Looking back it was funny, in reality it really isn’t. Bitter, backwards town. Very sad.

So based on your experience with, how many, five or six ‘tards’, you damn us all with your ‘bitter, backwards town’?

Very sad indeed.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

No I was basing the bitter and backwards bit on just general life here.

As a sufferer of Prosopagnasia, it is plausible I keep running into the few same people and my view is maybe more extreme than reality.

Fair enough. But by the same token, every club has it’s share of fans who love to moan. There are also many more who are supportive but also concerned... me included.

Anyway, there’s a game today and I’m up for it. Let’s hope that the tards stay at home for this one ?