Cheltenham (H)

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think it's pretty much a given that we will win on Tuesday and paper over some cracks, like we always do.

What team would you choose? I'm not really his biggest fan, but Nepo has to start on Tuesday surely. As for me, I'll be giving this one a miss and watching the Bake Off...

Nepo does have to start. Give Gardner a ‘rest’ with a view to bringing him on after say 60 mins with a point to prove. 

Trouble is... no Surridge

Results show that nothing in this division is a certainty so we need to up our game on Tuesday. 

We need players who can run and cross the ball and midfield who don't hesitate and play sideways. Up front we are desperately missing Surridge but will have to see if Lang and Ogrady can come good. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think it's pretty much a given that we will win on Tuesday and paper over some cracks, like we always do.

What team would you choose? I'm not really his biggest fan, but Nepo has to start on Tuesday surely. As for me, I'll be giving this one a miss and watching the Bake Off...

Nepo starts, try a bit of pace up front with Lang and Benteke.

52 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Good shout Ste. Definitely got to have width and 2 up top and go for it from minute 1.could see Gardner and Lyden being the new yard dogs.

Dummigan and Nepo being the Holden and Adams eh? trouble is,Gardner and Lyden can't tackle and Dummy and Nepo can't cross. 

55 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Dummigan and Nepo being the Holden and Adams eh? trouble is,Gardner and Lyden can't tackle and Dummy and Nepo can't cross. 

Bit hard on Nepo. Admittedly yesterday he took his time getting the ball in but his crossing wasn't that bad. Beckham would look a poor crosser of the ball with the lack of movement our forwards show. No midfielders drive into the box to get on the end of things and half the time O'Grady is stood next to the bloke crossing.

1 minute ago, rvlatic said:

Oldham Athletic FC (First Team) v Cheltenham Town FC (First Team)
Football League 2    
Referee: Toner, Ben 
Assistant Referee: Fyvie, Graeme 
Assistant Referee: Cunliffe, Mark 
Fourth Official: Bell, James 

The referee sounds like Mr Lemsagam...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I'm by no means a Gardner fan but to drop him wouldn't be the correct call. With Lyden in there though he has to be braver. Get into the box. Too often he was sat deep and we didn't have anyone on the box yesterday.

Agree totally.

Before I get the stick from the Gardner is shit brigade, I’m not his biggest fan by some way but I give him credit for effort over 90 mins.

my issue with Gardner is that he needs to play and run with the ball in the opposition half rather than receiving square 5 yard passes from Clarke on the edge of our area

Let him drive and do fancy turns 30 years from their goal rather than ours, not rocket science 

6 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Won’t be bothering. Even if my mate offers me his ticket again.  I can see how fans drift away now hopefully I will get my mojo back but right now I need a break from this garbage. 

Whilst you are at it do us all a favour and stay off this site. Talker of absolute shite. 

Edited by Gawbie

Is their not a case for putting Gardner at Right Midfield here its a problem position for us Branger has been in effective.

Bring Missilou into the centre Branger to the Bench Gardner wide right Nepo to come in at left wing and Lang to go up the middle with O'grady. Don't know why we havent seen Lang given a go up the middle yet. After the last 2 starts I can't justify a reason for Baxter to start in each occasion he's been given the number 10 and I can barely remember him creating a chance. So go back to using him from the bench.