Cheltenham (H)

25 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

I usually like predicting the team etc... but what’s the point? 

He will pick it out of a hat anyway.

i said after the game in the pub that we will scrape a boring win to paper over cracks. Typical latics! 

Might as well go 5-5-0

Create as many chances and have a good chance of picking up a nil nil.

Sorry , that's our away set up.

On 10/21/2018 at 6:23 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Is their not a case for putting Gardner at Right Midfield here its a problem position for us Branger has been in effective.

Bring Missilou into the centre Branger to the Bench Gardner wide right Nepo to come in at left wing and Lang to go up the middle with O'grady. Don't know why we havent seen Lang given a go up the middle yet. After the last 2 starts I can't justify a reason for Baxter to start in each occasion he's been given the number 10 and I can barely remember him creating a chance. So go back to using him from the bench.

I agree, despite being a big fan of Baxter we'd be much better with Lang's pace and a target man alongside him.  If Miller isn't fit then it has to be O'Grady.

The only other option on the right other than Gardner is Dummigan but that's far from his natural position, so I'd give Gardner the edge over him.

I hope we give Hamer a run in the team at right back.  Hopefully Taylor is back or it'll have to be Hunt at left back.

Iverson

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Hunt

Gardner

Lyden

Missilou

Nepomuceno

Miller

Lang

Due to our obvious lack of a right winger, that is the most orthodox 4-4-2 that we could put out.  We badly need a win for morale around the whole club, so the fewer complications the better.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh
Bunn saying that Miller is fit and Taylor is not.

I'd stick Gardner on a wing as well. Can get up and down and he's quick. Sometimes think that's his problem in the middle runs into trouble but if he can get room at a full back it might at least move a full back out of position etc.

In miller is fit he has to start and we may as well give Lang a go upfront. 

In the middle of just go with one holding midfielder so lyden if fit if not missle will do. Baxter hasn't ripped up trees  but with two winger and two forwards he might have more to work with. Fingers crossed for a win.

Third of a way into the season and nobodies got a clue what our best 11 is or indeed which formation the players would be most effective in  - says it all really :petesake:

Bunns pre match interview says it all really, he hasn't a clue and is actually seeing things from a whole new perspective, I'm getting really worried about this guys ability to even keep us mid table if he continues with this inability to iron out some of our basic flaws.

I won’t be able to get to this game so I have stumped up my tenner for the live stream on ifollow. I suspect that we will see a sub 4K attendance for a home league game tonight. First time this season. And it won’t be the last if the poor home form continues.

Will Frankie get it right tonight? ? 

44 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I won’t be able to get to this game so I have stumped up my tenner for the live stream on ifollow. I suspect that we will see a sub 4K attendance for a home league game tonight. First time this season. And it won’t be the last if the poor home form continues.

?for tonight 

this is latics, so nothing would surprise me

i’ll hope for a win, no matter how it is achieved, but a narrow defeat or draw would not be a shock 

we should go at them from the first minute and get an early goal to settle everyone’s nerves

Edited by stevesidg

4 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

?

we should go at them from the first minute and get an early goal to settle everyone’s nerves

This has been a problem for me... Teams like Port Vale come off the back of a pasting and we give them time on the ball and we let then gain in confidence in the first ten minutes or so. 

There needs to be some urgency and some attacking mentality to get teams on back foot. We only seem to do that a goal down when they get everyone behind the ball.

I suppose if you concede a hatful then go away to find the opposition has one up top, your confidence will always grow. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

It's a Tuesday night match, of course it'll be below 4k. No reflection on current performances.

It will be sub 3k.  I'll be there wondering why so many players are injured during training or warm up and then watching Gardner run for miles and miles.  Wondering why we concede the midfield.  Just wondering and a little chilly.......................

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

It's a Tuesday night match, of course it'll be below 4k. No reflection on current performances.

You really think that there will be no impact of our current form on the attendance?

If we’d been playing well then I am pretty sure that this season’s upward trend in attendance would have continued.

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You really think that there will be no impact of our current form on the attendance?

If we’d been playing well then I am pretty sure that this season’s upward trend in attendance would have continued.

That's not what I said. I said that the fact that the attendance tonight will definitely be below 4k is no reflection on the shite performances of late.

Attendances would have risen if we were playing well, still wouldn't have over 4k there tonight though. It's a Tuesday night match.