Cheltenham (H)

26 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

That's not what I said. I said that the fact that the attendance tonight will definitely be below 4k is no reflection on the shite performances of late.

Attendances would have risen if we were playing well, still wouldn't have over 4k there tonight though. It's a Tuesday night match.

Ah I see. The poor performances of late will definitely impact the attendance though. If we had been smashing teams at home then, given it’s half term, I still think we could have got over the 4K ?

I still haven’t seen a decent 90 mins this season and if I hadn’t got a season ticket wouldn’t be going tonight. Champions League is on and the only reason it won’t be sub 3K is because of the increase in ST holders.

We are mid table in a thoroughly crap division...I didn’t think we could fall further but FB and this lot are making a bloody good go of it. 

The feel good factor of just a few short weeks ago has well and truly gone. 4 home defeats already against poor to average sides speaks volumes.

Because of his ‘legendary status’ Bunn is escaping the rath of the supporters, just about anyone else would be getting murdered by now. His pre and post match interviews are predictable and totally uninspiring. Another poor performance and failure to win tonight could be the turning point!

He says we will improve and get better but I’m not seeing it all, if anything we seem to be getting worse! He said he wanted to put smiles back on the faces of both the players and fans alike....the possibility of a Miller/O’Grady partnership up top tonight would probably finish me off!!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

I think our form against teams above us will start to really bite attendance wise hard unless we improve rapidly. And Frankie B will only have himself to blame.
We've only played 1 of the top 11 away. And despite us being unbeaten and seemingly better away, we haven't actually beaten any one away above 18th.

I think flattering to deceive in the early part of the season.
It's a good job Cambridge are on a horrendous run and only 2 go down.

DqMHPxNX4AA724Q.jpg

Edited by singe

24 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I've got a season ticket and not going. Not arsed about the Champions League. I've got some paint to watch dry, it should be more exciting.

+1. I’ve noticed that even this late in the year the grass on my back lawn is still growing so I’m going to keep an eye on that. 

Career average goals per season League only.

Sam Surridge         13. He should beat that, but not if he only plays half our games

Chris O Grady            9. Including to Championship level

Jonathan Benteke  5.

Ismael Miller             8. Albeit this includes Prem too.

Callum Lang           12.

Career stats In League 2 only, calculated up to a season

SS    14 in   48 = 13 goals in 46 matches

COG 38 in 147 = 10

JB      0 in 1 

IM     2 in 8       = 12

CL    10 in 39   = 12

Really does make me laugh when people go on about boring pre and post match talks to the press. The only time they are entertaining is when someone is going off on one ala the special one. Do we really want another Ronnie Moore "i should have put a bell in the ball" comment.

I couldn't care less what he says before a match but I would hope we are looking to move the ball with more speed and be more aggressive tonight than we have been. We seem to happy at nil nil to sideways and backward. Go for the line and get balls into the box and hopefully we have some numbers in there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I still haven’t seen a decent 90 mins this season and if I hadn’t got a season ticket wouldn’t be going tonight. Champions League is on and the only reason it won’t be sub 3K is because of the increase in ST holders.

We are mid table in a thoroughly crap division...I didn’t think we could fall further but FB and this lot are making a bloody good go of it. 

The feel good factor of just a few short weeks ago has well and truly gone. 4 home defeats already against poor to average sides speaks volumes.

Because of his ‘legendary status’ Bunn is escaping the rath of the supporters, just about anyone else would be getting murdered by now. His pre and post match interviews are predictable and totally uninspiring. Another poor performance and failure to win tonight could be the turning point!

He says we will improve and get better but I’m not seeing it all, if anything we seem to be getting worse! He said he wanted to put smiles back on the faces of both the players and fans alike....the possibility of a Miller/O’Grady partnership up top tonight would probably finish me off!!

When was the last time we saw a good 90 minutes?! Not many times this decade!!

16 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Really does make me laugh when people go on about boring pre and post match talks to the press. The only time they are entertaining is when someone is going off on one ala the special one. Do we really want another Ronnie Moore "i should have put a bell in the ball" comment.

I couldn't care less what he says before a match but I would hope we are looking to move the ball with more speed and be more aggressive tonight than we have been. We seem to happy at nil nil to sideways and backward. Go for the line and get balls into the box and hopefully we have some numbers in there. 

I'm also not bothered about anodyne, sterile and dull press conferences.
Problem being that is exactly what the performances on the pitch are like. The worry is that is what he is like with the players, and it is as good as it is going to get with his tactics.

20 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

"If I had a gun I'd shoot them"

1 hour ago, singe said:

I think our form against teams above us will start to really bite attendance wise hard unless we improve rapidly. And Frankie B will only have himself to blame.
We've only played 1 of the top 11 away. And despite us being unbeaten and seemingly better away, we haven't actually beaten any one away above 18th.

I think flattering to deceive in the early part of the season.
It's a good job Cambridge are on a horrendous run and only 2 go down.

DqMHPxNX4AA724Q.jpg

What's the odds Cambridge will revive their fortunes against us next month?

31 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Really does make me laugh when people go on about boring pre and post match talks to the press.

Because if he talks like that to the players he’s hardly going to inspire them to go out onto the pitch chomping the bit....He needs to up his game, hand some bollockings out and get the team fired up!!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Because if he talks like that to the players he’s hardly going to inspire them to go out onto the pitch chomping the bit....He needs to up his game, hand some bollockings out and get the team fired up!!

Should have done that from the touchline last Saturday.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Should have done that from the touchline last Saturday.

Not got it in him, shows more passion punching his chest and kissing the badge on his lap of honour after an insipid 0-0 draw at Yeovil, it's becoming obvious why he's never managed before.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Career average goals per season League only.

Sam Surridge         13. He should beat that, but not if he only plays half our games

Chris O Grady            9. Including to Championship level

Jonathan Benteke  5.

Ismael Miller             8. Albeit this includes Prem too.

Callum Lang           12.

Career stats In League 2 only, calculated up to a season

SS    14 in   48 = 13 goals in 46 matches

COG 38 in 147 = 10

JB      0 in 1 

IM     2 in 8       = 12

CL    10 in 39   = 12

Since the start of the 2014/15 season O'Grady has scored 8 goals in 130 League appearances, he's not scored more than 2 League goals in any one of them seasons despite appearing 35 times for Chesterfield last season in League 2, unsurprisingly they were relegated and he was released early from a two year contract only for us to snap him up when  he was struggling to find a club in the land.

Beggars fucking belief it really does especially when a young striker who scored goals for a shit team in this division last season has been shifted out onto the left wing to accommodate the donkey.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Since the start of the 2014/15 season O'Grady has scored 8 goals in 130 League appearances, he's not scored more than 2 League goals in any one of them seasons despite appearing 35 times for Chesterfield last season in League 2, unsurprisingly they were relegated and he was released early from a two year contract only for us to snap him up when  he was struggling to find a club in the land.

Beggars fucking belief it really does especially when a young striker who scored goals for a shit team in this division last season has been shifted out onto the left wing to accommodate the donkey.

Undoubtedly, some players create space, opportunities, and assists. O'Grady has 49 assists in his career! 49 in 508 matches!

He better be cheap...!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

How do you know he isnt doing? Do you Wenger think never had a go at the Arsenal players back in the day? Ud never here about it before the game though but odds are he will have done he could have a tantrum with the best. By all means, give the players a hiding but keep it in-house. Used to hate Moore singling out players for mistake that's the game especially at lower levels!

Edited by bluehobbit

1 minute ago, bluehobbit said:

How do you know he isnt doing? Do you Wenger never had a go at the Arsenal players? Ud never here about it before the game though. By all means, give the players a hiding but keep it in-house. Used to hate Moore singling out players for mistake thats the game especially at lower levels!

Trouble is, it's not working.

4-4-1-1 for me. 

If Lang isn't upfront (centrally) tonight then Bunn should seriously consider if football management is for him. If it's with OG alongside, then so be it. I'd rather see Lang up top with Baxter playing behind him. I'd have Nepo and Engone on the wings. Missilou and Gardner in the middle. If Gardner starts passing to the opposition or backwards endlessly, I'd haul his backside off and give Lydon a go. Back 4 pretty much picks itself (Hamer, Clarke, Edmundson, Hunt) while others are injured. I'd also be telling Hamer to get down the wings and support Engone as much as possible. Same for Hunt.

29 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

4-4-1-1 for me. 

If Lang isn't upfront (centrally) tonight then Bunn should seriously consider if football management is for him. If it's with OG alongside, then so be it. I'd rather see Lang up top with Baxter playing behind him. I'd have Nepo and Engone on the wings. Missilou and Gardner in the middle. If Gardner starts passing to the opposition or backwards endlessly, I'd haul his backside off and give Lydon a go. Back 4 pretty much picks itself (Hamer, Clarke, Edmundson, Hunt) while others are injured. I'd also be telling Hamer to get down the wings and support Engone as much as possible. Same for Hunt.

Cannot disagree with any of this :applause1: