Hampton: Hampton & Richmond Borough FC - Directions, Beer & Food

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If so it's a max bet.

Really?  I like an odds on bet but only on quality.  This is the football equivalent of a seller at Sedgefield on a Tuesday.  If you spend your time backing odds on shots at that level you'll be bankrupt in short order.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Really?  I like an odds on bet but only on quality.  This is the football equivalent of a seller at Sedgefield on a Tuesday.  If you spend your time backing odds on shots at that level you'll be bankrupt in short order.

Out of interest what do you bet on then? Plenty of money to be made betting shorties and it doesn't matter if it's a game in the PL or a game in the National League, this team we are playing are at an ability of a team like Ashton United or Curzon, 4/6 would be a huge price particularly as our best performances have arguably come away from home against inferior teams.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Out of interest what do you bet on then? Plenty of money to be made betting shorties and it doesn't matter if it's a game in the PL or a game in the National League, this team we are playing are at an ability of a team like Ashton United or Curzon, 4/6 would be a huge price particularly as our best performances have arguably come away from home against inferior teams.

Odds on quality novice chasers in small fields are a particular favourite.  I think a lot if people shy away from them as risky bets which tends to make the price bigger than it should be even if still odds on.

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Odds on quality novice chasers in small fields are a particular favourite.  I think a lot if people shy away from them as risky bets which tends to make the price bigger than it should be even if still odds on.

I'm far more successful on football than I am with the horses, Shantou Rock being a strong fancy yesterday only to fall at the first :petesake:, find value in football you can't in the horses unless your in the know, having held a licence for training greyhounds I can make that pay but that game is bent from top to bottom.

44 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm far more successful on football than I am with the horses, Shantou Rock being a strong fancy yesterday only to fall at the first :petesake:, find value in football you can't in the horses unless your in the know, having held a licence for training greyhounds I can make that pay but that game is bent from top to bottom.

Horses sometime fall, strikers sometimes miss, keepers sometime drop on in the net...  All about finding one's own niche if it's taken any more seriously than just a bit of fun

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Intrigued to know how the tickets are selling for this game ? I am going along with three mates so we’ll have at least four ?

I did see something last week that we'd sold 60 odd, really should of sold it out by now but I've a feeling the mood around the season is taking a turn for the worse and plenty who'd normally make the effort to be there just can't be arsed, win tonight though and there could be a few more sold.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Intrigued to know how the tickets are selling for this game ? I am going along with three mates so we’ll have at least four ?

They've sold out their online tickets. Think there may be discussions about taking some of our allocation if the numbers are right.